If you have ever changed your username, how do you feel about your old one?

Stargazing

Retired.
Pronouns
They/them
Me personally, if you called me by my previous name I would have a problem. However, this may not be the same for everyone and I'm curious.

I've never actually changed my username, but I did attempt to change it to P-Winger in late 2013. I decided to back out on that decision, and while I'm not really sure why, I feel like it was for the better. I don't really enjoy being called that, but thankfully no one ever has done so, even back then.

I'm more interested in what usernames everyone used to be called.

NEXandGBX & Knuckles said:
I've never actually changed my username, but I did attempt to change it to P-Winger in late 2013. I decided to back out on that decision, and while I'm not really sure why, I feel like it was for the better. I don't really enjoy being called that, but thankfully no one ever has done so, even back then.
Sorry to hear that P-Winger P-Winger isn't actually a bad name imo, unless there's some other meaning that I'm missing. NEXandGBX is more memorable though, so keep that. :thumbsup:

well, my old usename was just "pyro guy" without a "the" at the front, so I'm fine being referred to as that, but I prefer TPG.

however, my first wiki username was "shy guy in a bush", which was me not knowing the species name of "petal guy", which I changed after realising it was five words long. good thing no one knows me as SGIAB, because that name is awful.

Ninelevendo said:
I'm more interested in what usernames everyone used to be called.

NEXandGBX & Knuckles said:
Sorry to hear that P-Winger P-Winger isn't actually a bad name imo, unless there's some other meaning that I'm missing. NEXandGBX is more memorable though, so keep that. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's bad name, I just find NEXandGBX to be in an entirely different league of good than it.

I've been tempted to switch to uppercase Freakworld every now and then

else no, never had any changes.

Considering that half of this site still calls me by my old names, I'm not bothered by it. Sometimes, I actually forget that my new name is Time Turner and not Reversinator or GreenDisaster. I've ended up going by RGDTT in some places to simplify things and to confuse 90% of people who don't get it. Also,

June said:
I've been tempted to switch to uppercase Freakworld every now and then
b2GMYtq.png

I had the number 51 at the end of my username for a while. Not sure why, 51 has no significance in my life.

I was Andyni from from early 2014 (when I signed up on MarioWiki) to early 2015, but nobody knew me at the time (I did a lot of background editing), and as such nobody today calls me that. I wouldn't care if someone did, though.

i'm insulted by my former name, it stands as a testament to everything wrong with my life on this forum

kingbowser99 is an asshole, he's a n00b on every wiki he goes to and is hated almost universally

neptune is better, he's a sysop on a wiki somewhere and is actually well respected by a bunch of people

anyone else seeing their usernames displayed below their avatars without ltq's css now

Phi said:
anyone else seeing their usernames displayed below their avatars without ltq's css now

yeah its apparently a new feature implemented by porple (citation needed)

this is a good change but it would improve readability if the username was in bold and above the avatar

I generally go by just Javelin since it's shorter, but the full DoctorJavelin is nice for sites where it's already taken.

Doesn't bother me when people use the full name, though it's probably a bother to type out.

Back