Your Improvements to Mario Party Going Downhill

Ditching the car didn't really work so well for Island Tour. Really, we just want a legacy game mode. Not watered down amiibo party, not whatever Island Tour is.

Wellllll there's Balloon Bash...........I guessssss?

I honestly just want the Original mode back considering that i actually played that extensively and picked turns and etc.

I don't like how they are trying to make everygame since 9 shorter or to end faster.

Wtf? I literally spent hours in earlier entries thanks to the actual time it takes to clear boards depending on turns or because the content was so good and there was so many of it.

Not only that , each mode now has an aprox. time of how much it will last till it ends ... again why?? Why do you want me to spend LESS time in your games Nintendo? Why?

I guess when you look at the Super Smash Bros. series, there's probably a reason why Classic and All-Star are shorter in Smash 3DS / Wii U. When dealing with a massive roster, having to play those game modes with every character can be very time consuming.

Yeah, but the roster size has never been an issue with the Mario Party franchise. The car wasn't introduced simply because Mario Party 8 had 14 characters, it was because some complained that the main mode of the previous games took forever to finish, even if you could set the turn amount. I actually tested how long a normal team battle in 10 turns in Mario Party 7 took, and the end result was 25-30 minutes.

A51_Trooper said:
Yeah, but the roster size has never been an issue with the Mario Party franchise. The car wasn't introduced simply because Mario Party 8 had 14 characters, it was because some complained that the main mode of the previous games took forever to finish, even if you could set the turn amount. I actually tested how long a normal team battle in 10 turns in Mario Party 7 took, and the end result was 25-30 minutes.

You also have to take into account the events that can occur whenever you land on a DK Space or Bowser Space. They can add to the length of the game as well.

While some people really don't like how Mario Party 9 works, at least you're not forced to play a minigame every single time that all the players have taken their turns.

MnSG said:
While some people really don't like how Mario Party 9 works, at least you're not forced to play a minigame every single time that all the players have taken their turns.
But the minigames are one of the most enjoyable aspects of the Mario Party series, and they're basically what made it stand out. In the games, they also serve as the easiest and quickest way to get coins. Why would you want less of them?

how come none of the posts in this thread are about improving the game Mario Party Going Downhill

Include an option between the play style of Mario Party 1-8 and the modern games, so that fans of either play style can be happy. The series really needs an online mode too.

i also hate the fact that NDcube decides to ditch the car in the 3DS games , which have limitations.

Thats a very jerk move.

''Let's keep the clearly hated mode in the console release , which has more minigames and better graphics

and

Let's try to pretend we are trying something else in a limited handheld system while we still return to the car in the next console game.''

Yep , that sucks.

~Don't completely dummy out the car, but instead make it a separate mode for the minority that actually enjoyed it.
~Have classic Mario Party return as the main mode.
~Have a story mode on par with DS and throw in some fun boss mini-games while were at it.
~Have a online option and make sure it becomes a staple for subsequent entries.
~Maybe bring back the day and mechanic from MP2's horror land/MP6?
~Make sure the roster has variety.

Add a way to change the soundtracks. The soundtracks they have in the game are fun for a few runs, but they get boring after a while. Some of us want music that we actually don't get bored of after 3 listens.

id have a lot of ideas but you know what, fuck it. just remaster (remake?) the original mario party trilogy, call it Mario Party Classics Collection and rack in $$$ because it'll be better than anything they've done post gamecube era

Add team battles, more minigames, use orbs (or something very similar), and we're golden. Costumes are extra bonus.

Back