have you fallen asleep in class/at work before?

Lord Bowser

listen
Banned User
I don’t mean just closing your eyes for a few seconds; I mean actually clocking out completely for several minutes.

I did once last year in my spanish class after I pulled an all-nighter. thankfully there was a sub teacher so he didn't really care lol

I have poor sleeping habits so I have managed to sleep in class a few times in the past few years.

yeah

ive managed to fall asleep in some pretty ridiculous positions

I don't actually fall asleep, but I feel like I could sometimes.

At least once at Uni after an all nighter. So far not at work though I have been dozy on days that I didn't get much sleep before.

I've never fallen asleep in class.

The environment and positioning is far too uncomfortable and I'm a light sleeper, so it's nearly impossible for me to go to sleep during a class session. And since high school is over, sleepiness isn't that much of a problem anymore.

I developed a reputation for this since the first year of secondary school because I've done this hundreds of times; people knew I slept everywhere. Sometimes I am sleep-deprived, but other times the teacher just goes on and on and on like Fiora told them to without giving me any chance of interaction to wake my inactive body (which is just sitting and listening), so I just nod off due to inactivity. I don't think teachers understand my perspective though.

I don't think I've ever gotten in real trouble for it though, despite the high-ranking status of some of the staff (head of year actually banters with me about this) who have seen me do it and instead they just poke fun at me or believe I still take in what they're teaching when I'm conked out. Their passive response is probably because I could probably teach myself whatever I'm missing or have the independence to ask about it later, don't really cause trouble and I never just give into the sleeping urges (I try to stay awake as long as possible under the thoughts of 'I like this teacher I must show respect'), so they probably just feel bad because I can't help it.

When I try to sleep in class, it never works though. I never fall asleep. But I kid you not; any part of my secondary school life, I have dozed off during. During performances, during assemblies, even during PE: if I'm tired or have to idle for ages, it's an inevitable occurrence.

Sometimes it's the briefest siesta (literally seconds), others it's minutes, and occasionally it can be the whole lesson or whatever it is.

Work? No.

School? I've slept at least one time in my English class in my senior year of high school. I've nearly fallen asleep in most of my history classes at university, especially the early ones.

Believe me, I have actually tried and wanted to.

But my body starts becoming uncomfortable and sore and I get conscious how my back and neck are twisting and that my blood vessels on my hand are getting crushed by my head so in the end, I just doodle, even if I'm in a weird angle, so my drawing can get screwed up.

I could never fall asleep at work, even at the end of a 10-hour shift. If you're not busy enough to be doing anything you're probably not there, at least in my experience.

I think I fell asleep a couple times when we were doing literally nothing in class, but otherwise I'm good.

Our school makes us sit around a large circular conference table, so sleeping isn't exactly possible

I slept during class pretty often in my senior year of high school. I would do whatever work they wanted us to do in that particular class and then put my head down until the bell. it was usually american issues and french because they were in the morning and they required almost no effort.

the only class I've ever fallen asleep in in college was macroeconomics. because it was macroeconomics.

Yes, actually. Once in 5th grade and once in 6th grade. Both times no one really noticed me since I was that awkward kid that didn't speak to anyone.

no

im generally unable to sleep unless the room im in is dark enough

once i sleep however, good luck waking me up unless you have an alarm clock

once very recently during a politics class towards the end of the day because i was up all night the night before following the eu referendum

School... a lot.

I have a hard time sleeping during the nighttime and it usually comes back to bite me later on.

Nope! I have been tired and pulled all nighters but never actually fell asleep in the workplace or at my classes. I just wait until I get home after an all nighter or a night shift and then conk out solid.
Oddly not even the time I pulled three all nighters studying (also couldn't sleep) I was real tired but never slept at work nor class that day.

for me, sleeping in a place where I should be working has never sat well with me

if i'm paying to be at school or college and the information is critical to my future then there is no reason for me to nod off

in regards to sleeping at work? that's work negligence, something you can get fired for. i'm paid to work, not paid to sleep

Back