Which unappreciated video game do you enjoy the most?

Pikman

Can't beat Rainbow Ride
Personally, I enjoyed clu clu land a lot. I don't know many people who like that one.

Darkspore. It's not the best dungeon-crawler Diablo clone but I still really enjoyed it.

It's even unplayable now thanks to EA's bullcrap.

capcom vs snk 2: eo

a lot of people give it bad reviews because it has the option to do specials with the c stick, but if you disable that it's pretty challenging

The THQ Spongebob Games, namely Battle for Bikini Bottom (PS2), the Movie Game (both the PS2 and GBA versions) and Supersponge (PS1)

Jacques said:
The THQ Spongebob Games, namely Battle for Bikini Bottom (PS2), the Movie Game (both the PS2 and GBA versions) and Supersponge (PS1)

I agree. Those three are all pretty enjoyable games. But since they're games based on a cartoon, of course they get overlooked.

Okami, or the PS2 adaption of The Fellowship of the Ring if Okami doesn't count

kind of a hard question, seems like most games i enjoy are appreciated but if anything id say final fantasy x-2 for its amazing gameplay.

Wario Land: Shake It

existed in the shadow of many games, yet very enjoyable

XIII

it was a rather unknown game and was graphically pleasing for its time, amazing gameplay, amazing story, amazing soundtrack, it's a pity it didn't get the recognition it deserved

NSY said:

I soooo want to play this.

IDK about unappreciative per se, but I don't think it gets enough love, but Dust: An Elysian Tail is phenomenal. Not so much in gameplay to be honest, but everything else makes up for that.

there's a lot of not-so-popular games I very much enjoy, but if I have to name one I don't think get enough love relative to its quality level, it's Alpha Mission fucking II

38017_front.jpg

500x_alpha_mission_2.jpg

alpha_mission_ii.gif

The armor equipment mechanic adds ton of depths and ways to handle any given situation without falling into the pitfalls of quote-unquote euroshmups. Grafx may not look as flashy as later Neo Geo games, but they'Re more acceptable for 1991, with a clean look and nicely chunky boss sprites. Soundtrack is nicely atmospherics with some standouts...

... but the complex and poorly-explained power up system doesn't make for a good first impression so people dismiss it as a "generic shooter" and move on to the next flashy R-Type ripoff. Bah.

Mega Man Powered Up. That game is a collectable for the PSP.

I have the GameCube versions, so I dunno if there are superior versions, but I will forever love The Simpsons: Hit & Run and The Simpsons: Road Rage. I grew up playing them and they're so much stinking fun.

NSY said:

Also, THIS. Shake It is such a great game.

Jacques said:
Lauren Mayberry said:
The Simpsons: Hit & Run

I've heard a lot about this game so it doesn't seem to be that unappreciated

or im thinking about a different one

you might be thinking of the arcade game that is greatly loved.

simpsons hit and run is the one that's like gta but with simpsons

i've actually played that one and it's pretty decent

Leon Belmont said:
Mega Man Powered Up. That game is a collectable for the PSP.

I agree what that one too. Too bad it sold so poorly, they didn't make any sequels to it like was originally planned.

It would've sold much better if it were on other things besides the PSP. Same goes for Maverick Hunter X.

Threek said:
It would've sold much better if it were on other things besides the PSP. Same goes for Maverick Hunter X.
And probably Dracula X Chronicles but no wait, its atleast a Greatest Hits game due to better sales.

Spore is another choice I have.

If it wasn't for EA's hype mongering bullcrap, the game would be so much better received, hence, I wasn't even part of the hype and I loved the game. Replaying it again recently in 2016 made me realize all the fond memories I had for it, all the explosions, the genocide, the ruthlessness, and the pollination of Mario character as animals in planets. The Adventure creation tool from the expansion of Spore: Galactic Adventures is a very powerful level creation tool, and I don't like how over-looked it is.

No Man's Sky looks promising as a better version of the Space stage in Spore, and it may even have mod support in the future, but it just won't have, you know, TF2 Turret animals alongside Toriel animals meandering in worlds while you're piloting a 3DS spaceship.

It's a shame Maxis got shut down and it's under the influence of a shitty publisher.

Who knows if Shenmue I and II count since they were seen as commercial failures?

Adrian Fahrenheit "Alucard" Tepes said:
Who knows if Shenmue I and II count since they were seen as commercial failures?

theyre far from what you would call unappreciated though lol, being generally considered the best dreamcast games and possibly the best games sega ever made, nonetheless being cited as some of the most influential games of all time etc.

Back