Which unappreciated video game do you enjoy the most?

Mario Party 9. I mean despite the hate it received, I certainly enjoyed it. The only thing I hate about the game is losing a chunk of Mini Stars on a very unfair note on severe luck based challenges.

Metroid Prime: Federation Force.
This game is actually great, it doesn't deserve all the hate it got.

Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains.

Despite the controls being awkward at first and the camera being on the worst setting by default, I really enjoyed playing this game. It's too bad that its first impression drives people away since a good chunk of the bonus missions are impossible to beat without other human players.

Donkey Kong 64. It's bashed for the huge amount of useless collectibles, repetitive bonus barrel minigames, Beaver Bother's scrappy mechanic, the DK Arcade machine, some moves being essentially useless (Gorilla Grab, Gorilla Gone and Monkeyport), the color-coded items not being universal and needing to backtrack to the same room 3 times with different characters. I've even seen some people dislike the fact that DK is bipedal in this game.

Personally, I don't mind the huge amount of collectibles, even if some are color-coded. While I do dislike the physics of Beaver Bother, the idea is at least interesting, and I don't mind backtracking either. I also think the roster of playable Kongs is pretty much perfect, and the supporting Kongs do their job well.

Sonic Unleashed

It's quite sad that this is the Sonic game that was forgotten considering it's the game that seperated the disaster that was Sonic '06 and the supposed return to form that was Sonic Colors. The daytime stages are the some best the franchise as they brought the excellent high speed boost gameplay of Sonic Rush and transfered it to 3D and created a modern Sonic forumala that brings Sonic's main trait speed while still keeping in a sense of challenge. The thing is that this was the gameplay style that was used it Colors and Generations, games that get a lot of praise but Unleashed gets little credit for being the game to introduce that.

The reason why this game is forgotten and is slammed is the werehog and I can understand why people don't like it becuause it's not normal Sonic and he's slow but the Werehog isn't badly designed at all, it's not amazing but it certainly decent. The Werehog controls absolutely fine and his stages bring a good balance of combat, puzzles and platformers. While the werehog can be repetitive, the fact the he has a bunch of different moves he can learn and help vary the comabt a bit, people mark it of as shallow when it's not at all. More enemy variety could of been added. The werehog when there's not much combat involved can be enjoyable to an extent, out of the 8 main werehog stages there's only two (Mazuri and Shamar) that I dislike.

This game also has more replay value out of average Sonic game, there's medals in every stage to collect (although one of the main complaints is that the medals requirements to progress in the main game are harsh), getting S Ranks on requires the player to master each stage inside out and various optional acts are available. Also the stages themselves are themed after various famous real life places and these areas are made cartoony enough to feel welcome in a Sonic game. It's a real shame that critics slammed this game a launch because they were too fussed about the Werehog and were finding excuses to criticise after '06 was fresh in their minds.

It's hard to believe that IGN and Gamespot both gave this game a lower score than Sonic '06 even though it's widely considered Sonic '06 is terrible and this doesn't even get talked about. In truth Sonic Unleashed was a perfectly good game that doesn't get the respect it deserves for considering that the werehog is perfectly playable, it had more replay value it introduced the modern sonic formula that everyone loved. This formula that the daytime stages used will likely be used again in Project Sonic 2017 and Sonic Unleashed is to thank for introducing people to yet I don't expect it to get mentioned.

This saddest thing is that if Game Grumps decide to play this in future, this game will be remembered again but for bad reasons because knowing their stance on Sonic as they likely will slam it. I dearly hope that they don't play it since they have already given out bad reputation to plenty other Sonic games and have hurt Sonic's reputation as whole. I don't hate Game Grumps at all but Arin's dislike for the franchise has sent out a message the franchise as a whole is bad when it's just one person's opinion which is why I don't like it when they play Sonic games.

Baby Luigi said:
No Man's Sky looks promising as a better version of the Space stage in Spore
hindsight can be funny

Dust: An Elysian Tail has amazing visuals, fulfilling platforming and traversement, and a combat system that feels so fluid. If you don't mind some awkward voice acting, this game is easily worth your time.

Back