Brexit discussion (EU referendum)

Should the United Kngdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: EU referendum

So anyone remember how during the campaign Leave promised that the £350 million spent on Eu membership would go on the NHS, well Nigel Farage was admitted that this was a mistake.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/nigel-farage-admits-his-bold-brexit-claim-was-mistake

i don't even know what the fuck is going on anymore

hopefully this will all become very clear soon, but at the moment it's a massive shitstorm, and britain is right in the middle, being torn in two

apparently there's yet another thing that could veto the referendum. some sort of bylaw in the country basically states that if not all of the four states within the UK are happy with a decision being made, the country will have to bypass the referendum

i'm not sure if i'm quoting it right, heard it on the telly earlier, but there's a lot of shit going on rn

Not only does the Brexit have a pretty dang negative impact on the economy, we also must note of the fallout effect it has on other countries: we now have Texans clamoring for "Texit" (a state, but still similar to countries), France clamoring to leave, and other countries. This referendrum is a disaster. I don't believe anything what the Leave campaigners say, but here we are, their bad arguments resonating with uninformed and misinformed British voters. It's pretty dang scary.

i'm sitting cowering in the corner rn, just waiting for the impending nuclear war to ensue

I've read about several instances of radicalised racism in England and Wales, where Poles, Muslims and Asians were outright told to leave the country. There are two things I want to happen: the UK does not leave the EU, or if it does then England and Wales specifically need to suffer. Scotland and Northern Ireland are all right, but England and Wales not so much. I don't want to wish any English or Welsh people eternal hell, but what I'm worried about is the continued rise of brown politics that may be deemed 'legitimised' by people living in other countries. Again, I don't wish hell on any English and Welsh people, and if you voted Remain then I'm sorry for you, but I don't want the domino effect ruining Europe.

Right-wing newspapers that have bashed the EU for ages have told their readers what "Brexit" means, and it turns out that not many are happy now they know. It's great to know that those who voted "Leave" knew what they were voting for.

Grim said:
Right-wing newspapers that have bashed the EU for ages have told their readers what "Brexit" means, and it turns out that not many are happy now they know. It's great to know that those who voted "Leave" knew what they were voting for.
I have no words. This is appalling on every level.

2257 said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-eu-referendum-racial-racism-abuse-hate-crime-reported-latest-leave-immigration-a7104191.html

tfw you used to like britain
Land of hope and glory...no more...

Grim said:
This is precisely why calling for a second referendum makes absolute sense. We have been lied to, and a lot of the people who have voted leave in the first place are beginning to realise their mistakes. Johnson wanted more power and money, after he was backed by major corporations who will get a big pay rise if Britain leaves the EU. Farage being the racist FUCK he is, wanted all the immigrants out. If we vote again, the turnout will be significantly different, as we will finally know the facts this time around.

Now think about this: both Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin supported us leaving the EU. What does that tell you?

JonTron said:
2257 said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-eu-referendum-racial-racism-abuse-hate-crime-reported-latest-leave-immigration-a7104191.html

Land of hope and glory...no more...

Grim said:
This is precisely why calling for a second referendum makes absolute sense. We have been lied to, and a lot of the people who have voted leave in the first place are beginning to realise their mistakes. Johnson wanted more power and money, after he was backed by major corporations who will get a big pay rise if Britain leaves the EU. Farage being the racist FUCK he is, wanted all the immigrants out. If we vote again, the turnout will be significantly different, as we will finally know the facts this time around.

Now think about this: both Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin supported us leaving the EU. What does that tell you?

It tells me one thing:
A divided Europe is a weak Europe.
A weak Europe is an exploitable Europe.
And exploitable Europe is a warring Europe.

Divide the people and conquer the assets.
Divide and conquer politics, my friend.
Divide and conquer.

The European Union must not be destroyed, at least, without an immediate replacement on hand. Otherwise, we'll have political-economic sparks of unrestful conflict that could ignite another World War.

Banjo said:
using my ignorant american research powers i looked into what this means for the uk and eu and this looks shitty. i don't want to seem condescending; i am legitimately sorry for all the britons that are going to be fucked over by this move.

also on a related note every other southern state is riling up to secede now so thanks a lot
who would've thought that britain would cause the end of the world

oops i deleted my post i didnt realize it would generate replies but yeah brexit has reignited the desire to secede especially in some southern states, especially texas. trump even addressed texas's desire to secede while he was visiting scotland. nothing ever comes out of these movements though. and also hashtags related to california secession have been trending so_

i'm really hoping for some sort of incident now where either we or the EU fails without the other one and they need them to bail them out and then they take over, then we can form the united states of europe, and it'll just be swole

cause if we're one country, then people can't say that it's "our country" and be all racist and shit

then we beat racism once and for all

win win situation

Banjo said:
reignited the desire to secede especially in some southern states, especially texas.
I doubt anything will come of that. Last time a bunch of angry southerners tried to secede, we had the bloodiest war in American history. Granted that was over the issue of slavery and this is different but I just can't see it happening.

GalacticPetey said:
Banjo said:
reignited the desire to secede especially in some southern states, especially texas.
I doubt anything will come of that. Last time a bunch of angry southerners tried to secede, we had the bloodiest war in American history. Granted that was over the issue of slavery and this is different but I just can't see it happening.

i didn't say it was a legitimate concern. every time southerners get pissed about something barack HUSSEIN obama jr. does these little groups of pro secession wackos pop up, usually in texas or louisiana

Grim said:
lol ikr? It calls back to Pi's post, but it's still relevant.

And now, those Brexit leaders are now walking back from their promises.

2257 said:

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-06-28/german-woman-calls-radio-station-in-tears-over-xenophobic-attacks/
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/post-brexit-racist-attacks-soar-hate-crimes-reported-to-police-increase-57_uk_57714594e4b08d2c5639adcb

I've logged in for the first time in literally years to say this:

Fuck this country, and fuck my area (Rotherham) in particular, which was the 20th most pro leave area in the whole UK (alongside Walsall).

I can't believe we're so fucking stupid to vote for our own economic suicide.

This has really pissed me off something awful. I've never been particularly patriotic, but I can honestly I've never been more ashamed to be English and British than on the 24th and every day since then.

If we actually do end up leaving, I'm gonna be moving abroad ASAP (probably the Netherlands).

I hope we get another referendum, because 3.8% is way too small a majority, especially with the economic consequences that'll ensue.

NSY said:
one of the main leave campaigners, nigel farage has steeped down as leader of his party

thats both he and boris now that are just simply running away from the mess they're caused
As far as I'm concerned, they're both a pair of duplicitous cunts who did all this just to further their political careers.

And look where it landed Boris, getting "stabbed in the back" by Micheal "I could never be leader" Gove.

The main thing I'm surprised about's that big university cities like Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, and Newcastle were so bloody divided on it. I guess that shows just how divisive this issue is.

Gunderson said:
NSY said:
one of the main leave campaigners, nigel farage has steeped down as leader of his party

thats both he and boris now that are just simply running away from the mess they're caused
As far as I'm concerned, they're both a pair of duplicitous cunts who did all this just to further their political careers.
boris certainly campaigned to leave to try a raise a case to be pm and look competitive to cameron although its backfired

nigel has always wanted to leave the eu since the party was founded in 1995 and it was pretty much his political goal

NSY said:
Gunderson said:
NSY said:

boris certainly campaigned to leave to try a raise a case to be pm and look competitive to cameron although its backfired

nigel has always wanted to leave the eu since the party was founded in 1995 and it was pretty much his political goal
He's been more than willing to take advantage of the expenses afforded to him as an MEP despite having one of the worst attendance records of the lot.

Back