Brexit discussion (EU referendum)

Should the United Kngdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: EU referendum

I tried to understand how will Northern Ireland votes be counted but I didn't get it. Neptune, do you know what's up with that?

Hobbes said:
I tried to understand how will Northern Ireland votes be counted but I didn't get it. Neptune, do you know what's up with that?
what do you mean?

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
General Neptune said:
lel

currently, leave is leading by about 7,000 votes

that's expected to be reversed by the end of the referendum though
Don't underestimate the power of the leave side.
remain has taken back control

General Neptune said:
Hobbes said:
what do you mean?

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
General Neptune said:
lel

Aren't you rooting for leave?

General Neptune said:
Hobbes said:
what do you mean?
Never mind, the BBC's website was confusing me lol it said something about NI's votes being just local results and all that but it makes no difference, really.

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
General Neptune said:
Hobbes said:
what do you mean?

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
General Neptune said:
lel

Aren't you rooting for leave?

no i'm remain

Well i think I'm going to take a break from the forums before I get into trouble again. Currently I'm split between remain and leave. I hear the pound has fallen in value to the USD because of this. We'll just have to see what happens after this. I don't feel that the EU will be the same without the UK.

Leave is ahead by almost a million votes now and the bookies have that side as massive odds on favourites to win.

Guess we'll enjoy being at the bottom of the US trade pile for 6 months.

NSY said:
Leave is ahead by almost a million votes now and the bookies have that side as massive odds on favourites to win.

Why at the bottom?

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
NSY said:

Why at the bottom?
obama said it

Obama is going out, though. I think that was more of an empty threat; the US can't ignore the UK and they will likely get working on a trade deal soon.

We need to work with countries like the US, Canada and Australia so we can survive outside the EU. It's a big risk we're taking now.

As for David Cameron it's looking likely he will be staying on as Prime Ministed. George Osborne on the other hand, his job is in danger after the threats he's made.

What do you think is gonna happen to the EU if UK does leave? You think it'll start breaking apart?

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
What do you think is gonna happen to the EU if UK does leave? You think it'll start breaking apart?
There's other countries that have good deal of eurospectism that might follow suit, countries like Swedan, Austria and even Italy might see this as chance that they could hold their referendums. The EU could fall over as a whole.

Also all major broadcasters in the UK, BBC, Sky and ITV and forecasted a leave victory.

double post but i can confirm that leave has mathematically won the referendum

NSY said:
As for David Cameron it's looking likely he will be staying on as Prime Ministed. George Osborne on the other hand, his job is in danger after the threats he's made.
Cameron has now announced that he's resigning.

I have a bad feeling about this

Well, en todo, UK breaks from EU via referendum , David Cameron resigns, Scotland is pissed and so is Northern Ireland (I think) cuhz they wanted to stay, and the Labour Party is revolting over its leader.
Anything missing or wrong?

I fear this will lead to either the break up of the European Union and/or the United Kingdom itself. How is the Queen taking this?

Well, best of luck surviving to you all.

Just a question: the votes seem to have been split pretty evenly, with a 2% margin deciding the poll. Is it really a good idea to do something that half of your (voting) population doesn't want?

Back