How do you play Smash?

Groden said:
Doubles with friendly fire and coordination is the fucking best.

The devil is in Melee and his name is Peach
Getting a team wobble is amazing (although I'm still kinda unfamiliar with why the opponent goes flying but other times they remain in the grasp of another); I do D-Smash with Peach while my partner pummels in a grab and it feels so satisfying hitting each hit and if they don't fly away I just repeat it

You can tell my friends hate me and my pull rate

- GETTING CARRIED SO HARD BY 3 STITCHES IN THE SAME GAME IN THE SPAN OF A MINUTE IS AMAZING (taking out 4 stocks of the opposing team yo)
- Getting a Bomb and hitting everyone else with it #Worth
- Getting 3 Bombs, 2 in a row and then my 3rd one 2 pulls after my 2nd one
- Getting a Beam Sword and my partner manages to get a hold of it while I get a Stitch right after (in a 2v1 situation and the opponent doesn't realize it) to end the game

Just call me Armada already

Groden said:
I play Melee competitively. 2 players, 4 stocks, no items, 8 minute timer. Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, and Pokemon Stadium only. Doubles with friendly fire on. Believe it or not, it's more than a "Fox only, FD only" meme.

I just do this because if I'm gonna play Melee I might as well make it some competitive practise

melee: bonus time mode or whatever it is, 5 minutes, all items on med

brawl: 4 stocks, all items on med

smash4: 4 stocks all items on med

Melee: Roy only, items off, and Venom as the stage.
Brawl: A two stock battle with Snake and Lucas.
Smash 4: Wario with corkscrew leap, burying bike, and three powerful brawn badges, a 10 minute match
Plan with Ultimate: Corrin and Richer 1 vs. 1, beetle and death's scythe as the only items, stamina match.

Favorite way in Sm4sh: Level 9 on all CPUs, max stock, no time limit, on my best custom course.

Characters:
Me: Custom Diddy Kong, side-B is where you flip backwards; pressing button again will kick, pink variation.

CPU1: Custom Pink Yoshi, no Egg Toss, used as a recovery.

CPU2: Custom King Dedede, pink variation.

CPU3: Custom Toon Link, colored like classic Link, Spin Attack where you sorta jerk upwards at the end in a sword slash.

I never finish because of max stock though. XD

3 stocks, items on, 4 players with CPUs filling missing spots, Level 6 or 7 computers (I prefer for CPUs to generally not have a chance at winning)

Rarely I may do 1v1, items off with my brother.

Melee: I use the Name Entry Glitch to have four of us be on the same team. My favorite team is Peach, Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff, and Zelda (I play as Zelda). I play either Coin or Bonus mode for 3-4 minutes, with Poké Ball as the only item on very high, damage ratio set to 1.6, friendly fire on, and SD penalty set to 0. The CPUs don't move unless a Poké Ball appears, and it's fun seeing us kill each other with our Pokémon. My two favorite stages to play on are Brinstar and Corneria. Brinstar because I like falling into the acid and hearing Zelda's high knockback yells (but I feel bad for her if she's star KO'd), and Corneria because I like jumping in front of the Star Fox's cannons when they fire (only with Sheik).

Smash 4: 8-Player Smash, 4v4, females vs males. I play a 27-stock match, damage ratio is set to 1.8, and only X-Bombs and Smart Bombs are on (but I do remember sometimes turning on other items like Boss Galaga, Poké Ball, Master Ball, and the Golden Hammer). I use one of these two teams:

Team 1: Peach, Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer, and Palutena

Team 2: Rosalina, Wendy, Zero Suit Samus, and Jigglypuff (I actually like this team more, and sometimes I may swap out Rosalina for someone else like Lucina or female Robin)

MarioFan632 said:
Brinstar because I like falling into the acid and hearing Zelda's high knockback yells (but I feel bad for her if she's star KO'd)
just do it in giant melee and you will regret nothing

Most of the time it's 3-Stock matches with items on low.
But in Melee items are occasionally on VERY HIGH because chaos is a beautiful thing. :posh:
PICHU ONLY. ITEMS ON VERY HIGH. BOB-OMBS ONLY. POKÉ FLOATS.​ Did you hear something?

Here's how I play Smash Ultimate:

Rules
•24 stocks
•60 minute time limit (just so I can know how much time has passed)
•FS Meter: Off
•Spirits: On
•CPU Level: 5 (although my teammates are Level 4)
•Stage Morph: Off (I should try playing with this on sometime)
•Stage Hazards: On
•Team Attack: Off
•Launch Rate: 1.5x

Items: Assist Trophy, Poké Ball, Master Ball, Bomber, Blast Box, Golden Hammer, Smart Bomb, X Bomb, Spiny Shell, and Boss Galaga (high frequency)

Number of fighters: 8
Teams: 4 vs. 4

My favorite teams are:

Team 1: Peach, Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer, and Palutena

Team 2: Rosalina, Wendy, Zero Suit Samus, and Jigglypuff (I often replace Rosalina with female Robin)

Team 3: Ice Climbers, Inkling, Isabelle, and Bayonetta

The opposing team is Wario, Bowser, Daisy, and Dr. Mario Cloud (I found a new punching bag to replace Dr. Mario)

After watching Failboat, I realized that I found a new fun "mode" for myself in Sm4sh (I don't have Ultimate yet).

HOW FAST CAN YOU KILL THE LVL 1?

That's the mode's name btw.
P1: Wario
CPU (just one): Random

RULES:
99 Stock
Pokéballs
Master Pokéballs
Assist Trophies

STAGE:
Random or Wuhu Island

Sadly, for now, I don't have any Smash Bros game. I'll talk about this when I get Ultimate

Here's how I like to play Smash Wii U...
-300 HP (all players)
-P1 Kirby
-C2 King Dedede (Lv. 9)
-C3 Meta Knight (Lv. 9)
-C2 and C3 are teamed up against P1 with Team Attack on
-Kirby items only (Smash Ball is allowed, Assist Trophy isn't)
-Halberd stage with the 02 Battle music

When I get Ultimate, I would be able to play another stage...and still have that awesome 02 music!

Against CPUs I just do regular 3/4 stock matches with items on low, I don't really have a specific punching bag so I just pick my CPU opponents at random.

Smash Ultimate

17 minutes.
Items on. Highest frequency.
(Bomber, Black hole, Deaths' Scythe, Fake Smash Ball, Killing Edge, Launch Star, Staff, Assist Trophy, Beam Sword, Barrel, Blast Box, Bob-omb, Bombchu, Boss Galaga, Bullet Bill, Capsule, Crate, Cucco, Daybreak, Deku Nut, Dragoon, Fire Bar, Freezie, Gooey Bomb, Hocotate Bomb, Lightning, Lip's Stick, Motion Sensor Bomb, Party Ball, Pitfall, POW Block, Rolling Crate, Smart Bomb, Spiny Shell, Super Mushroom, Tanooki Leaf, Super Scope, Warp Star, X Bomb).
4 v 4 team battle.
Spirits on.
Friendly fire on.
Stage morph every 1 minute.
FS Meter off (would otherwise turn it on if Mario's final smash didn't suck so much ass).
CPU Level 9.
Stage Hazards on.

5 minutes
3 stocks
Final Smash meter
All items medium frequency
CPU level 5 (will increase it eventually)
Random CPUs
I pick Kirby, Bowser, King K Rool, Sonic or MegaMan. But I haven't unlocked everyone, so maybe I'll main more characters.

Ultimate

Squad Strike:

My characters for 3 V. 3:
Pink Young Link
Wario (Mario series)
Red, white, and black Incineroar (in that order)

CPUs for 3 V. 3:
Lvl 5 (or 6) Randoms

My characters for 5 V. 5:
Light Blue Young Link
Pink Yoshi
Red, white, and black Incineroar
Wario (Mario series)
King K. Rool

CPUs for 5 V. 5:
Lvl 5 (or 6) Randoms

Brawl:
1 V 1
3 Stocks
Items Off

Sm4sh:
1 V 1
2 Stocks
Omega Form Stages
Items Off

Ultimate:
1 V 1
3 Stocks
FS Meter Off (you gain more gain more taking damage then you do for dealing damage)
Items Off
Hazards Off

Putt-Putt said:
Brawl:
1 V 1
3 Stocks
Items Off

Sm4sh:
1 V 1
2 Stocks
Omega Form Stages
Items Off

Ultimate:
1 V 1
3 Stocks
FS Meter Off (you gain more gain more taking damage then you do for dealing damage)
Items Off
Hazards Off
Essentially this, but add 4 stock Melee, and I don't really do hazards off in Ultimate because I like things like platforms on FoD and Randall.

I play Ultimate, and it's usually 3 stocks, 7 minutes, Battlefield forms or other balanced stages. I like to play both casual and competitive (though I still have a lot to learn for the latter), and competitive play helps me get good at my favorite characters. I still have a long way to go for ZSS, who's apparently the most technical character in the game.

Back