Your favorite video game music composers.

I think Michiru Yamane is awesome with her musical compositions.

The work is from Symphony of the Night and Lament of Innocence.

Grant Kirkhope (Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, DK64)
David Wise (DKC 1-3, Diddy Kong Racing)
Koji Kondo (Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2)
Takashi Kouga (Donkey Kong Barrel Blast)
Ichiro Shimakura, Hironobu Yahata and Shinya Outouge (Mario Party 6 and 7)

Masato Nakamura who composed the first two Sonic games, and the group of people (that to unknown extent included Michael Jackson) who composed the third.

If it counts, falcom sound team jdk.

I'm pretty sure the people who make up the team change over time but I usually just see tracks credited to the team name rather than specific composers.

So whoever composed the Ys 8 soundtrack is a legend.

Hirokazu Tanaka is a good composer.

Here's another awesome fine work of art by Tim Follin.

This is one of the best things Maniacs of Noise ever made on the Commodore 64.

I got another great composer that I realized that is awesome. Machinae Supremecy. They count because of Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams.

I'm torn between these excellent composers:

David Wise

Davíð Vitur

Dávid Bölcs

Dāvis Gudrs

Dawid Mądry

Davide Saggio

David Înțeleptul

Eveline Novakovic

David Mudar

Whoever makes the music for Street Fighter
Street Fighter II was mostly done by Yoko Shimomura, with a few contributions by Isao Abe, and the characters added in the New Challengers being done by Syun Nishigaki and Isao Abe.
Street Fighter III was done by Hideki Okugawa and Yuki Iwai, with the exception of 3rd Strike which was done only by Hideki Okugawa.
Street Fighter IV was done by Hideyuki Fukusawa.
Street Fighter V was done by lots of people (Daniel Lindholm, Hideyuki Fukasawa, Hiromitsu Maeba, Jonne Valtonen, Junya Nakano, Keiki Kobayashi, Masahiro Aoki, Riow Arai, Ryudai Abe, Steven McNair, Takatsugu Wakabayashi and Zac Zinger, which might not be all of them).

• David Wise - Needs no description, just wish more people recognised him as much as Kirkhope, and that he'd work on another Nintendo game
  • Kenji Yamamoto - Metroid soundtracks are amazing, I frequently have them playing in the background and I really hope he returns for Prime 4
  • Hiroki Morishita - Fire Emblem Awakening, Fates, and apparently part of Origami King; all excellent music
  • Ryo Nagamatsu - Splatoon 2, Mario Kart Wii (an underrated one), and only a few tracks for SMG2 yet two of them (Puzzle Plank and Melty Monster) are my favourites from the game. Outside of original work, he's my favourite arranger at Nintendo (Nintendo Land and Link Between Worlds are proof).

Back