Rest in Peace, Walkazo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you mean well, but showing that link is breaching privacy, so it's best to remove it.

Thanks. I didn't know it was breaching privacy since it's a public website that talk about her, not something that was personal to her. Instead just PM me, those who are really interested in it, for privacy. Okay with this?

LudwigVon said:
Thanks. I didn't know it was breaching privacy since it's a public website that talk about her, not something that was personal to her. Instead just PM me, those who are really interested in it, for privacy. Okay with this?

At this point, I don't think it's an issue. If you Google the stations name, an article about her is currently on their front page.

PowerMaster said:
Think we can honor her in the obituaries section of The 'Shroom for this coming issue?
I know the section is purely for fun, but for this one time... can it not be?

No, they'll probably honor her in a special devoted section this month.

And this event is too much of a big deal to overlook in the Shroom so they have to cover that.

To help calm down the curious, I inquired to a member of Shroom staff and they are planning something.

it's been a few days since the initial shock hit me and yet every time i see this thread in unread replies i'm suddenly grounded by the thought that walkazo really won't be around anymore and it's still as upsetting as it was when i first heard about this

to everyone still currently grieving, i wish you all the best with your emotional recovery.

Me too, GBAToad, me too. We're all going through an adjustment period, but it'll eventually lead to acceptance.

Obviously. But that's not a problem at all. Don't feel guilty of this, we will still accept anyone's sorrows over this incident even if it takes well over a month for them to notice.

I... I don't know what to say. I didn't even know this happened until today. I'm not even sure if I can say anything... May as well, though.

First off, my heart goes out to her family, especially Pantaro, during this time. I know it's not easy dealing with the loss of a family member.

And, even if I never really knew Walkazo, I can say that she was pretty awesome. I always liked her posts where she talked about some of the stuff she did, inside of her work and out. I'm going to miss her.

Seeing Walkazo pass away, felt like a part of MarioWiki fading away forever, and it just won't feel the same without her enthusiastic and passionate attitude any-more. Joining this community was one of the best decisions i made in my life you guys are caring people.

The funeral is tomorrow.
Or, for those of you already in April, today.

Pantaro I hope you stay strong as well.

I just found this out yesterday and still can't believe it. Even though I didn't really know Walkazo that well, she did help me on a few wiki projects here and there back when I was seriously editing and was always very helpful and knowledgable about the wiki, and I remember her as a great admin. Although I didn't know her very well it's still chilling that someone that you talked to within the space of a year is now gone.

R.I.P. Walkazo.

(also thanks to Pantaro for conveying the news, like some others already said, and please stay strong through this.)

sorry if this is redundant/theyve already done this but after maybe leaving some update about what happened pantaro or another family member should scramble her passwords to her accounts so they can be preserved as a sort of memorial to her

of course this is only a suggestion and i dont know if anything should be done in regards to accounts at all. sorry if this is disrespectful as well

and especially for everyone attending the funeral—my thoughts go to you.

her talk page states that her account was memorialized

I'm not sure what that entails exactly, but it probably means it can't be logged onto anymore.

Edit: Before I forget, Id like to personally thank pantaro for sharing the bad news with us. As sad as I have been for these last few days, I would have felt a lot worse if you hadn't let us know. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Billy The Kitten said:
sorry if this is redundant/theyve already done this but after maybe leaving some update about what happened pantaro or another family member should scramble her passwords to her accounts so they can be preserved as a sort of memorial to her

of course this is only a suggestion and i dont know if anything should be done in regards to accounts at all. sorry if this is disrespectful as well

and especially for everyone attending the funeral—my thoughts go to you.
Magikrazy said:
her talk page states that her account was memorialized

I'm not sure what that entails exactly, but it probably means it can't be logged onto anymore.

Edit: Before I forget, Id like to personally thank pantaro for sharing the bad news with us. As sad as I have been for these last few days, I would have felt a lot worse if you hadn't let us know. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Her account and passwords are locked down, so if anyone else did have access, they don't now. Her userpage is locked to admin level editing only and her talk page is locked to autoconfirmed users only with a note saying to only leave feedback in the proper obituary section.

Don't worry, her place here is as secure now as it was a week ago. :)

As much as I don't visit any forum site that offer? This is the first time I ever seen someone die so young and I get to see the brother of his big sister post on her behalf. This isn't my first time ever seeing something like this online. On a forum site called Arlong Park Forums. There was a user who also died too young as well. Here's a link to the thread about his death.
http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=31471

(Ironically killed in a car accident as well.)

It's Eff Up that another talented person and bubbly personality died all because of karma. :( I hate not having to wait until you find out that someone you know is gone. I think she may have greeted me back when I made my first account here. And I may have known her work since I went to the Mariowiki and read allot about every Mario game that has come out in great detail. And even if I never met her face to face. I know how she was a great influence for a lot of you guys whenever you need someone to talk to or wanted to ask her for some Personal Life about how to make a mistake into miracles.

And it's not because I don't go on these sites and just end up being MIA? Even I have some Personal Demons to take care of and as much as I wish it was some sick April Fools joke? I check the date that it was on the 27 of March. That's what hurts me the most. And yes I did read all of your posts and never skipped just one page. The one about the Dove getting cut by the neckline bleeding was disgusting to say the least. And I'm glad your bird is still alive.

I had a few family members whose death was either short lived or their time has come due to old age? I even have a few Internet friends who did die and I wasn't around to even say goodbye. (Some of the people I made as friends on Facebook thought that I have died and never got a chance to tell them that I was alright?)

And even artists and animators are not safe. I remember a very popular user who used to make animations of a little known series called Ultimate Cartoon Fighting!

Interesting fact: When I used to have my old Facebook account. He wanted to ask his audience who would they like to see make an appearance in the next UCF? I was one of the few who asked if Monkey D. Luffy would make a cameo in one of those episodes? And surely enough he did! I was a fellow subscriber of his account too. :(

And the worse part about it was that she coincidently predicted her own death. I wish I could've been be the site and tell her not to jeopardize her life and don't jinx yourself even if you were worried about your friend.....

I could have been there even before my life took over. It wasn't that we lost just any other user online? It was that we lost a fellow good human in a world where murderers and rich people live longer while the younger generation had to suffer the losses of family and friends.

It wasn't that she was a total stranger to me? It was that she was a friend that I never asked her to be. And sadly that's the biggest sin I have to regret for the rest of my life! My condolences goes out to the family and friends of Walkazo.

To her little brother on the site. I hope that whatever her last words were before she passed away in a car crash. I hope it was to make some of us happy and to help the birds with more food and trees to planet.

Walkazo. I have never had the case to talk to you that much outside of some comments here or there. Don't think of me as some guy on the Internet who just a lost cause to the community? Think of me as someone who will respect you even after many years has passed and I won't be around anymore if personal or life threatening problems happened to me or my family. I have my own dark sins that I am not proud of? Losing friends over Internet drama. Getting blocked by users with a different mindset. And at best some with their own personal hell and they can't reply to you by email or in chatbox like Facebook or Twitter. I just wish it could've been me instead. I feel like a curse whenever by bloodline had anything to do with it or is it just a coincidence.

I don't have anything to give you. Outside of making a story for my Pokémon OC. I think this video sums it up best.

I may be a couple days late to finding this out, but I feel I really need to make an acknowledgement of some kind.

It's probably just me that I'm only recently (as in the past couple of years) noticing a quite a few passings of globally noteworthy people, including legends such as Robin Williams and Satoru Iwata, but to hear this kind of event happen to someone who has been a part of this same community that I too have been part of for so long is... well, something else entirely. Certainly affects me on a more personal level. I suppose in some way, contrary to what our avatars and location tags on our profile pages show, we are all still human living on the same Earth, with the same risks and dangers, both positive or negative, human-caused or natural, present at all times.

My thoughts go out to her family, and may she rest in peace.

This is extremely sad news. I never got the pleasure to get close to Walkazo or talk to her but i bet she was a nice person that took care of what needed to be taken care of. My best wishes for her family and friends , i'm deeply sorry for the loss.

Rest in Peace ♥

It's been a few days since I found out about this, and it still seems a little bit surreal that this has happened. Although I didn't know Walkazo personally (which is something I now regret), she was someone that I really respected. She was a talented artist, an active wiki admin, and an all-around cool person. My thoughts go out to all of her family and friends.

Rest in peace.

Crap even I know she's dead when I'm dreaming. I had a beautiful dream last morning and in the dream, I said something like "this is something for Walkazo"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back