Larry's Debate

Extra Poll #1: You're trapped by psycho Koopaling OC and you must choose one of three options for th

• Total voters
Nozomi Toujou said:
Sylveon said:
Nozomi Toujou said:
mosquitoes are worthless to the food chain
FINALLY SOMETHING I CAN AGREE ON.
it's not agreeing with it or not. it has been scientifically proven.
oh.Well has anyone been trying to eradicate them with success?

Sylveon said:
Nozomi Toujou said:
Sylveon said:
Nozomi Toujou said:
FINALLY SOMETHING I CAN AGREE ON.
it's not agreeing with it or not. it has been scientifically proven.
oh.Well has anyone been trying to eradicate them with success?
probably but it's not working and i am extremely saddened

also i voted 10 in the poll because i'm not sure which way the numbers go, but i am really accepting of others' religions

i think it's based on how you get along with the religious people you've met

if you've met a bunch of religious people and every single one of them has been nice to you, rate 10

if you've met a bunch of religious people and most of them, bar one or two of them, have been nice to you, rate 9

if you've met a bunch of religious people and all of them have been dicks to you, rate 1

2257 said:
how is it not a fault? god is omniscient so he knew it would happen, and god is omnipotent so he had the power to stop it. why didn't he?
probably because gunpowder has a lot more uses than just killing people

i'm also under the impression that, should god actually exist, he's basically given us resources, and then left us to fend for ourselves

that's sort of how it's explained in the bible, but in relation to the devil, who has essentially made humans sin and all that jazz, so bad things happen in the world, and because there's like high levels of sin or something like that, it's physically impossible for god to intervene most of the time

that's a thing that most people think, that god just has unlimited power, i think his power is just as limited as anything, just he has so much more than anything in existence

if he exists, of course

i think humanity is a test, to see how fast we can overcome some of the world's biggest problems, then once we get to heaven (i'm also under the impression that most people get into heaven, religious or not), we get a score sheet with a rating on how well we did

it's weird, i know, but that's what i think is going on

also please remember this is my opinion, my thoughts, my beliefs, don't raise shit with me if you have any other opinions

Nozomi Toujou said:

Not all mosquitoes suck blood, and not all of them spread disease. It's still unclear what their ecological importance is, though.

I still hate the bloodsuckers though. All of the bloodsucking ones and all the ones that spread diseases can go burn for all I care.

2257 said:
as for the other thing, that's still a pretty *bleep* poll. "how well did you get along with an arbitrarily-defined subset of the people you've met in your life?". it might as well ask how well we get along with people of other hair colors

this

2257 already said what I thought about the poll. how about "how well you get along with people who have different opinions?"

2257 said:
how is it not a fault? god is omniscient so he knew it would happen, and god is omnipotent so he had the power to stop it. why didn't he?

I wish I could answer that.

Charley Dietz said:
The cause of global warming?

Science! Sure, maybe we're contributing to it, but the main cause is various effects of scientific laws on the earth.

That's just how I see it.
as someone who is currently taking a course in earth science and wants to pursue a career in environmental studies or a similar field with their degree after uni i must tell you:

213.jpg

2257 said:
here is my solution: god is an unfathomable entity that exists outside of time and space, and is therefore completely divorced from human concerns, human patterns of thought, and human morality. expecting the behavior of such an entity to be explicable in terms of human ethics is nothing but a fallacious attempt to force the one's own of reference onto a being to which it never applied

what do you think? i think this is the best solution
The only issue is that if we go that far we might as well say the idea of god is in itself just humans applying our own morals onto natural or coincidental phenomena that we didn't understand.

I'm not even going to bother answering this recent poll.

Looking at the poll.... Wow Larry finally snapped.

Also I know global warming exists but will there be an ice age afterwards?

The jokes on you I don't really have any bones so being crushed by a thwomp would do nothing

Scorpion said:
Looking at the poll.... Wow Larry finally snapped.

Also I know global warming exists but will there be an ice age afterwards?

I can't understand why a period of global warming due to the greenhouse effect would lead to....low temperatures? It doesn't make sense. It would be the opposite of an ice age, if anything.

It's largely the fault of the urban myth created by the "Gaia Hypothesis" and its silly claims of the Earth being a single organized system. The creator at one point tried to justify these claims by coming up with a far fetched story about global warming collapsing the Gulf Stream and creating an ice age.

Global warming deniers often overlook that global warming describes yearly (long-term) average global temperatures rather than local spots or short-term weather. Sorry for the abuse of formatting, but there are a lot of daft people who argue that global warming isn't happening because it snowed outside yesterday or they say that a spot in Antarctica has cooling average temperatures so global warming isn't happening, both which are dumb cherry-picked arguments.

Just look at the picture below, which shows the trends in yearly average temperatures. Orange means getting warmer, blue means getting cooler.

World_map_showing_surface_temperature_trends_between_1950_and_2014.png

Back