Larry's Debate

Extra Poll #1: You're trapped by psycho Koopaling OC and you must choose one of three options for th

• Total voters
there's some deep lore to this thread apparently

The biggest downside to PC gaming is the sheer cost. The gaming computer I have is self-assembled and ran for $700. But it might as well be worth the investment, given that the Xbox One's initial listing price is $500 (dropped to $350) with just one controller and the Kinect, so that's not counting the $60 games and other important peripherals and the gaming desktop I've assembled is still far more powerful than the Xbox One. It'll probably last longer than the Xbox One and it can also run important applications (such as 3DS Max), especially since PC games are much more mod friendly than console games (so you can use 3DS Max to model port). The only reason I'd get a console is primarily the Nintendo games and the funky, but functional controller. I'm a dedicated Mario fan at heart. <3

Personally, I think the biggest downside to PC gaming is to how unstable your components can get, due to some extremely high processing power required to run it and some the games.

Like, our old Wii is still running fine but our newer AMD Radeon R9 series graphics card got obliterated in some time. Granted, we do a lot of heavy work with it like using 3DS Max but it blue screens out every once and then. With consoles, you don't really need to worry about it that much, unless you're careless like us and you accidentally cripple consoles.

PC gaming outshines like everything else. Hell, I think mods alone make PC games worth it. It's really fun learning how to mod a new game and how it works, and therefore spreading Baby Luigi around :) makes me interested in programming.

Debate #5

How do you feel about this?

http://www.businessinsider.com/gap-has-apologized-over-an-ad-for-its-kids-clothing-line-that-people-said-was-racist-2016-4

Meh.

I fail to see how this is suggesting racism at all, as to me, it's just a girl leaning on top of another, like how friends sometimes do, and that NFL player (Matthew Cherry) who pointed out the reversed role does have a point in questioning its supposed "racism". I think the people using the racism card are picking a fight where there is none.

But then again, this is Gap's product, and they can basically either heed to people's complaints or ignore them. They're big enough to do either.

i believe they have stated that they are replacing the image, don't quote me on this

although i see where people are getting angry. she's the only one who's black and the only thing she's doing is being used as an armrest

I think it's just another way of reading racism into where it doesn't appear. I do get why the people might think it was racist that the only black girl is the one they use as an armrest.

Eeeehhh. Just be glad your father isn't taking a trip to Venezuela.

also as for the current debate. I don't think that's racism.

looks like i've missed some questions

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Debate #3
Which do you prefer: Hard Tacos or Soft Tacos?

hard tacos, they're crunchy

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Debate #4
Which you prefer regarding video game platforms?
Handheld,
Console,
or Desktop
PC Master Race brah

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Debate #5

How do you feel about this?

http://www.businessinsider.com/gap-has-apologized-over-an-ad-for-its-kids-clothing-line-that-people-said-was-racist-2016-4
a little bit depressed, people always look for things to offend themselves so that they can bring others down to their level

being offended is essentially asking someone to manage your feelings because you are unable to

i realised a while back that being offended is stupid, so i've reached a point where i can just shrug off rude comments and things that i should find offensive

i think if people learned to shrug off things like this, then the world would be a much happier, tolerable place

right now it's full of sjws and radical feminists who are the pimple on society's ass, always finding trouble where there is none

but that's just my opinion of course

that's why i disagree with the concept of "microaggressions"—it's literally nitpicking things to be offended over and going "i should be offended by this" due to not experiencing enough significant discrimination to be upset at society about. even though there actually are still things to be upset at society about...these little things become, suddenly, the most important issues ever.

I can't even choose one option because none of them fit my thoughts neatly. Don't let the Poll Committee be your inspiration. :P

And yeah, this thread confirms my suspicions: this isn't a debate, this is just convenience polling our community for responses, although you do get some debate. Why don't you provide your own thoughts instead of merely asking us? I think this is the third time I've questioned the quality of this thread.

Striker Mario said:
I can't even choose one option because none of them fit my thoughts neatly. Don't let the Poll Committee be your inspiration. :P

And yeah, this thread confirms my suspicions: this isn't a debate, this is just convenience polling our community for responses, although you do get some debate. Why don't you provide your own thoughts instead of merely asking us? I think this is the third time I've questioned the quality of this thread.
Well if it displeases you, maybe you prefer that I rename the thread?

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Striker Mario said:

Well if it displeases you, maybe you prefer that I rename the thread?
Perhaps, but it's all up to you.

General Neptune said:
i don't know guys, i'm finding this thread entertaining
To be fair, same with me.

LMAO those Twitter users are so stupid this is comedy gold.

"Never gonna buy your products again for your racist add that wasn't racist".

As for the poll it's pretty horribly made so I voted for "Mostly good. There could be improvements, but people just like to play the "race card"" but really just for the latter part. The problem isn't so much racism as classim, it just looks like racism because racism a long time ago has created these class barriers.

Back