Paper Mario: Color Splash

Magikrazy said:
Time Turner said:
It's exciting to visit a new world and see new characters. New characters means new possibilities for stories and interactions with other characters. The difference between Bombette and Bobbery is huge, and I am incredibly glad that we got Bobbery's storyline instead of just seeing Bombette again. Beyond that, even if they aren't new species or whatever, if the large majority of the cast is just taken from the last game, then why not just play the last game?
Well yeah, new characters do bring something to the table, and I did enjoy Bobbery.

My complaint with what they were (and to a lesser extent, still) doing is that they just bring in dozens of new characters and just throw them away after one game.

At the very least, they could bring back Goomba King again.
You could make this argument about any game or movie that's part of a franchise. Each game should be able to stand on it's own and have it's own contained plot and characters, instead of forcing them into every single story. You don't see Midna popping up in every Zelda game or Marth being shoehorned into every Fire Emblem game.

GalacticPetey said:
Magikrazy said:
Time Turner said:
It's exciting to visit a new world and see new characters. New characters means new possibilities for stories and interactions with other characters. The difference between Bombette and Bobbery is huge, and I am incredibly glad that we got Bobbery's storyline instead of just seeing Bombette again. Beyond that, even if they aren't new species or whatever, if the large majority of the cast is just taken from the last game, then why not just play the last game?
Well yeah, new characters do bring something to the table, and I did enjoy Bobbery.

My complaint with what they were (and to a lesser extent, still) doing is that they just bring in dozens of new characters and just throw them away after one game.

At the very least, they could bring back Goomba King again.
You could make this argument about any game or movie that's part of a franchise. Each game should be able to stand on it's own and have it's own contained plot and characters, instead of forcing them into every single story. You don't see Midna popping up in every Zelda game or Marth being shoehorned into every Fire Emblem game.
*coughcoughSTARLOWcoughcough*

How about we say that we reuse characters where appropriate and we create new characters when appropriate. Fair deal?

Time Turner said:
Part of a new adventure is seeing new characters. I'd find it weird if Mario went to a brand-new location and somehow re-encountered all of his old friends, just as they were. I mean, it's Mario, so it's not like they have much room to drastically change the character without them just deciding to make a new character for convenience.
Not necessarily. Mario going to Wario Land or Kongo Jungle or the WarioWare, Inc. would be considered a new adventure, yet Mario would be seeing and interacting with existing characters, which I think would be far more interesting than new one-offs. Also, it's all about writing: your new characters won't matter if they're written AND designed poorly like Super Paper Mario's characters.

It would be funny that if Mario meets up with someone like Geno or Goombella. And you would be given the option of "Who are you again?"

That would make for pretty delicious satire on OCs

Course then it would turn into a 500 page topic about how evil Nintendo is and that Miyamoto killed their parents.

TheFarmboy said:
It would be funny that if Mario meets up with someone like Geno or Goombella. And you would be given the option of "Who are you again?"
Make it someone more obscure like Red the Bridgemaster or the gardener from SMRPGand have everyone except Mario instantly recognize and adore them.

TheFarmboy said:
I want him doing that to Stanley the Talking Fish.

Or Bones, DK jr's pal

Shaggy said:
Definitely related. My opinion exactly.

The video is released on April Fools. So I would imagine forced sarcasm, right?

Wow, the Super Mario Boards are pretty agressive, no wonder my first thread here was a bumpy road.

It's not just me ;D

I don't know why we're just randomly aggressive, you think there might be a provocative post somewhere....?

I think we are all feeling aggressive from the direction of aspects of the franchise as of late.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
Wow, the Super Mario Boards are pretty agressive, no wonder my first thread here was a bumpy road.

It's not just me ;D

i feel like there is much more to this then im currently reading.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
Zae Eildus said:
TheSuperStarSaga said:

It's not just me ;D

What do you mean?

idk seems kinda suspecious that people would be randomly aggresive, theres usually some reason, random aggresion is usually something that goes with unstable individuals that are having an episode.

Zae Eildus said:
TheSuperStarSaga said:
Zae Eildus said:
TheSuperStarSaga said:

It's not just me ;D

What do you mean?

idk seems kinda suspecious that people would be randomly aggresive, theres usually some reason, random aggresion is usually something that goes with unstable individuals that are having an episode.

The youtube comments have random aggression. The reason forums aren't as aggressive generally is because there are rules in place, so people are required to argue respectfully. That page 11 though :eek:

I think we should talk about Paper Mario: Color Splash, since that is what this topic thread is supposed to be about.

If the game is supposed to come out this holiday, I think they should have done something with it at E3 this year. Hopefully we'll get a direct this month or July with some more information. Maybe they'll delay this game to the NX.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
Zae Eildus said:
TheSuperStarSaga said:
Zae Eildus said:
TheSuperStarSaga said:

It's not just me ;D

What do you mean?

The youtube comments have random aggression. The reason forums aren't as aggressive generally is because there are rules in place, so people are required to argue respectfully. That page 11 though :eek:

I take full responsibility for that one. Just wanted to state why I think it's stupid to introduce a new cast for every RPG just to forget about them next game. Didn't think it would start a flame war. Sorry 'bout that.

The game will come out on the 7th of October and tomorrow a demo will be played at Treehouse Live, so hopefully we will know more about the game.

Back