Paper Mario: Color Splash

the onslaught of the haters would be too great and nintendo is not leaving themselves open to be made fun of after the federation force debacle

or they have a upload schedule and it will appear withhin the next few days.

By the way, the Iwata Asks on Sticker Star mentioned this:
[quote author=Tanabe]
Yeah. With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario game in Club Nintendo, and not even 1% said the story was interesting. A lot of people said that the Flip move for switching between the 3D and 2D dimensions was fun.
[/quote]
Now, nintendo UK did ask on Twitter what was the aspect of 3DS RPGs that was enjoyed the most. The results? Here they are:
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/705745068158799872?lang=en
Makes you think.

Allow me to point out something not even GameXplain noticed.

250px-PMSSAllSuperFlags.png

See these? These are Super Flags. They unlock after beating the game and act as achievements for you to beat.

HMM, DOESN'T THE WAY IT'S SHOWCASED SEEM FAMILIAR...?
paper-mario-color-850x560.jpg

Time to join Isis? XD Hell no! They're gross and inky too. Nintendo did this to themselves? Speaking of which?
l55m6IX.png

Yup. This is a real tweet? Rip. The Gaming Community :'(

Mister Wu said:
[quote author=Tanabe]
Yeah. With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario game in Club Nintendo, and not even 1% said the story was interesting. A lot of people said that the Flip move for switching between the 3D and 2D dimensions was fun.
Now, nintendo UK did ask on Twitter what was the aspect of 3DS RPGs that was enjoyed the most. The results? Here they are:
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/705745068158799872?lang=en
Makes you think.
[/quote]

lol convenience sampling

btw i'd vote for "battles"

Asgore said:
They could be talking about ISIS from Archer

LOL True. Also a video from Gamexplain. XD

Anybody else love how this game looks visually?

Well the other good thing is I'll never have to worry about that melodramatic crap from older Paper Marios.

Mainly super.

Don't really see how the original or TTYD was melodramatic (aside from Grodus subjecting Mario to a sadistic choice and the Shadow Queen posessing Peach).

Like I said, mainly super.

Mister Wu said:
[quote author=Tanabe]
[/quote]Yeah but the 1% of the people who did those surveys seriously with Club Nintendo seriously were like 10 year olds so what do they know.

I don't think most 10 year olds would be on club Nintendo without adult supervision.

The game already looks like shit. I'm calling it: we're getting Sticker Star 2. Thanks for listening to what your fans actually want, Nintendo. Way to go.

Pack your stuff, guys. Paper Mario is over.

Anser said:
Thanks for listening to what your fans actually want, Nintendo. Way to go.

Sticker Star apparently sold better than the previous Paper Marios in Japan, so they are listening to their fans, just not all of them.

Anser said:
The game already looks like *bleep*. I'm calling it: we're getting Sticker Star 2. Thanks for listening to what your fans actually want, Nintendo. Way to go.

The funny thing is that if this game is really based on Sticker Star, there will be as many Sticker Star-based Paper Mario games as there are JRPG-based Paper Mario games. The whole concept of Paper Mario game will have to be rethought again.

Doctor Kirby said:
Anser said:
Thanks for listening to what your fans actually want, Nintendo. Way to go.
Sticker Star apparently sold better than the previous Paper Marios in Japan, so they are listening to their fans, just not all of them.
I feel like the fact that it was a handheld game compared to console games probably influenced those figures (especially in Japan). Also, you'd think they'd care about worldwide figures too, and according to this post, which has sales figures as of Dec 2014, it didn't outsell the dread SPM (units are millions afaik):

PM: 1.37
TTYD: 1.91
SPM: 4.23
PMSS: 2.24

As for the first two's poor showings, they have the disadvantage of the 3DS selling almost as many units as the N64 and GCN combined:

N64: 32.93
GCN: 21.74
Wii: 101.52
3DS: 52.06

So, pretending that households don't have multiple units or replacements, the percentage of unit owners who got the games are:

PM: 4%
TTYD: 7%
SPM: 4%
PMSS: 4%

Looks like PM:SS was actually comparable to PM and SPM (as of 2014), while TTYD evidently has the sales figures to back up all the rabid fan love. And even though some 3DSs belong to multi-handheld families who'd only need one copy of the game, you'd need to assume that a full 40% of all 3DSs were extras (so 32 million individual households with at least one unit) before the reach of PM:SS matches TTYD's, which probably isn't the case.

Yeah, comparing games released on the GameCube to those released on 3DS isn't really fair. The sales numbers for both systems are just too far away from one another.

Day 4 after the Reveal

Anser said:

paper mario fans are giving up all hope.

Mcmadness said:
I don't think most 10 year olds would be on club Nintendo without adult supervision.

I made my Club Nintendo Account when I was 8 lol.

Well either way. We don't know exactly what went down with that survey.

Anser said:
The game already looks like *bleep*. I'm calling it: we're getting Sticker Star 2. Thanks for listening to what your fans actually want, Nintendo. Way to go.

I don't think that Aang could do anything against this, same way

he never got out of the friendzone until after he almost died

Back