Paper Mario: Color Splash

give it time

Zae Eildus said:
Mcmadness said:
I hate the majority of the Paper Mario fanbase so seeing them get all upset is like heavenly music to my ears.

oh yeah man its like metroid federation force all over again, im surprised there wasnt a petition to cancel the game
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-cancel-paper-mario-color-splash

This all just makes me so happy!

Lucas said:
Zae Eildus said:
Mcmadness said:
I hate the majority of the Paper Mario fanbase so seeing them get all upset is like heavenly music to my ears.

oh yeah man its like metroid federation force all over again, im surprised there wasnt a petition to cancel the game
started by jimmy rustle

too good

Lucas said:
Zae Eildus said:
Mcmadness said:

ah im drinking this like alcohol

It's so beautiful.

I am going full sadist on this.

It's not as perfect as say TTYD in the gameplay but atleast it's decent and not as bad as Sticker Star though. We need that Symphony of the Night style Paper Mario (Super Paper Mario) or that original formula that was perfected with TTYD back.

Here is the Super Paper Mario formula:

Mcmadness said:

...Alright, enough Marioverse board for me for the month.

Nitwit said:
When did they announce that the Koopalings will be the bosses in the game? Because there's seven stars? Okay....... :toad:

Glowsquid said:
Just a few minutes ago, three people well-connected in the gaming industry announced they were told were told by "5 different sources" that a new Paper Mario for Wii U is in development and will be announced during the year. Earlier it was rumoured an Intelligent Systems employeee mentioned it at a job booth.

Also the koopalings are in it

Furthermore, Roy and Wendy revealed them in Paper Jam:

I saw this on the Direct yesterday, and I am excited for it! I don't know why lots of people hate it already when they don't even know the details yet.

People hate it, because it's clearly nothing more than a Sticker Star rehash with a new coating of paint (no pun intended). If Miyamoto is responsible for this, then it further proves how much of a hypocrite he is. He came down on the Sticker Star prototype, dismissing it as a mere "port of the Gamecube game" (despite being a-okay with the New Super Mario Bros. series and the numerous rehashes of Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2), and now he's allowing this garbage to slide.

I'm not excited for it. But it's really pretty looking.

Alucard and Zero said:
It's not as perfect as say TTYD in the gameplay but atleast it's decent and not as bad as Sticker Star though. We need that Symphony of the Night style Paper Mario (Super Paper Mario) or that original formula that was perfected with TTYD back.

spm is too trashy to compare it to the likes of sotn.

Raven said:
I saw this on the Direct yesterday, and I am excited for it! I don't know why lots of people hate it already when they don't even know the details yet.
Me neither. I don't get why people get upset about games not being a rehash of TTYD, but a rehash of SS. If Sticker Star had no background Paper Mario's to compare it with, then it wouldn't receive as much universal hate.

On it's own, Colour Splash looks like a great game, and I'm buying it for definite.

Raven said:

I'm don't hate it, I'm just skeptic because I only see one OC so far and it's a Kertsi/Starlow clone. (Bring back Stuffwell geez) We saw like a minute of gameplay but I agree, people are judging it too harshly.

thats because a lot of the paper mario fanbase jump to conclusions instantly like a bunch of 10 year old shits that dont get the toy they want instantly.

hell even if the game is decent paper mario fans will more then likely still trash it regardless just because its not the second coming of christ like their precious ttyd is.

Mario Party suffered the same problem with this, people complained Mario Party 9 wasn't good enough and nintendo went ahead and made Mario Party 10 like it anyway. Everyone wants new F-Zero, well nope. This is the same issue and shows Nintendo sometimes doesn't give a shit on what the fans want in it's particularly in it's smaller franchises and see it as cash in games. Sometimes I agree you should ignore the fans and aim to surprise but they should still have a direct voice. I do think this will probably be better than Sticker Star but a lot of it's main complaints will remain. This is coming from someone who doesn't even consider themselves a big fan of the series and I agree that the fanbase can be whiny but I still furious with the response.

I'm pretty open to how this game will turn out. If it makes improvements that Sticker Star desperately needed, then I would be fine with it

Zae Eildus said:
hell even if the game is decent paper mario fans will more then likely still trash it regardless just because its not the second coming of christ like spm is.

fi- *shot*

Midna said:
Zae Eildus said:
hell even if the game is decent paper mario fans will more then likely still trash it regardless just because its not the second coming of christ like spm is.

fi- *shot*

i will break off your arms and then beat you with them

I'll then carefully reattach them.

ONLY TO RIP THEM OFF AGAIN

Did you think a Nintendo game could receive more hate than Metroid Prime: Federation Force? Well I think we found it.

People didn't believe me when I said Paper is the future of Paper Mario.

Cirdec said:
Did you think a Nintendo game could receive more hate than Metroid Prime: Federation Force? Well I think we found it.
...no. The SNES originally got way more hate than a small petition. It was so alien to buy a new console to get new games that it earned a news report on live TV showcasing how bad the idea was back then. If Fox News makes a report on people throwing a tantrum about a game, then tell me, because Nintendo have gotten much more hate than this.

Back