Paper Mario: Color Splash

http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=31039.msg1506743#msg1506743

Gabriele said:
My idea for next game?

Paper Mario: Colored in.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser reform their alliance to bring back color to their kingdom's/house's/everywhere from the dreaded Color Sucker!

Gabby's version sounds better.

Time Turner said:
you're innovating in the wrong direction

I'll remain cautiously cynical about this game. Even with Super Mario Sunshine, it still had the classic platforming and level exploration from Super Mario 64 while also innovating wildly with FLUDD. This just seems like it completely forgot about the classic elements in favour of hedging all bets on the new elements.

Xandalf said:
Doesn't look bad. We can't confirm nor deny the absence of original characters, but I didn't like the looks of when Mario found a house filled with toads...
Baby Luigi said:
I saw a floating bucket character thing

Is that Kersti 2.0
The Japanese version confirmed that it talks, so it's very likely that it will be Kersti 2.0. This also means that original characters are there, although I expect something like Sticker Star, where only major characters (bosses and partners) are original characters.
Also 6 worlds (because 6 colors in the square), so unless both Bowser Jr. and Ludwig von Koopa are fought in the final world, the Koopalings won't be the bosses of the worlds in this game.

Glitchy said:
Why can't we get a Paper Mario game like TTYD again?
nintendo needs the salt to power their amiibo production lines

Graphic-wise, this game looks pretty decent. As of this moment, that's the only positive thing I have to say about it. Otherwise, Sticker Star Version 2.0 is all I'm seeing, here. There is absolutely nothing about this trailer which shows even the slightest indication that the series will ever have the same magic that it once did.

I gotta hand it to Nintendo: I set out expecting absolutely nothing from the new Paper Mario, and I somehow still wound up disappointed.

Thank you, Nintendo, for this continuous magical rollercoaster ride of emotion. :birdo:

I love the expression in the photo. That's a forced smile if I ever saw one.

Just a little joke about Paper Mario: Color Splash, even if I stay optimist for the game to be better than Sticker Star.

-This beloved series is starting to lose its COLORS.

It was a joke that I saw on youtube about this game.

Maybe they decided that M&L fills the Mario RPG niche, so they should do something else with Paper Mario, as an "action adventure" game or whatever. idk, it's still stupid - there was totally still a place for a larger-scale RPG on the consoles, rather than just PM:SS with a slightly better gimmick and fancier graphics. I'd hoped that maybe there were no partners because it was all introductory world content only, but that bucket in the Japanese version isn't a heartening sight at all - hopefully it's more like Tippi and will be there in addition to partners, rather than instead of, but all things considered, yeah, not looking good. I'm gonna try not to keep my hopes up for Koopalings either, despite the hint in M&L:PJ (now watch and see how it'll turn out that the crossover was Nintendo's way of letting us say goodbye to the RPG life for Paper Mario). Bowser better freakin' talk this time, however.

Agree with Walkazo. On the GameXplain video of Paper Mario: Color Splash when Mario make a stairs appear, there is a Bowser Tape, you know those from Sticker Star, that make Toad sticks on walls. It mean Bowser will appear once again, probably for the final Boss. I stay optimist... but not for a long time... :-\

If they stay with the Sticker Star genre for the next Paper Mario, as well just swap the console type touch by Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi. Make Paper Mario for handheld system and Mario & Luigi RPG for home console, since they stay on the RPG genre the kind of games we want.

When did they announce that the Koopalings will be the bosses in the game? Because there's seven stars? Okay....... :toad:

Nothing has been known if the game will have Bowser as the boss or not? Or even if there's other people outside of the Toads?

It's only been a week and already people are starting to feel sad already? :???:

Atleast let them show some news and more clips about the game. If it goes the SS route.......

walter-white-peephole.jpg

Nitwit said:
Atleast let them show some news and more clips about the game. If it goes the SS route.......

It's pretty much confirmed to be a Sticker Star sequel. Stickers and Things return as cards, Bowser Tape returns, you don't get EXP after battle, etc.

Besides, Sticker Star was stated to be the permanent new direction for the series, so...

Niiue said:
Besides, Sticker Star was stated to be the permanent new direction for the series, so...

I might regret saying this, but source please?

Xandalf said:
Niiue said:

I might regret saying this, but source please?

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/papermario/0/5

"We worked hard so that this game would become the new standard for future Paper Mario games, so please play it to the fullest!"

Seeing and reading the reactions has been more of a ride than the Direct itself, I've never wanted a game to do bad before but I feel like it's the only way Intelligent Systems will change their formula. I look at how they showed Fed Force in the direct and you can see they new it wasn't well received. Nintendo knows it will bomb but they have to put it out rather than having nothing at all, I'm sure they won't try the chibi Metroid thing again after this and if the same thing happens to Sticker Star 2.0 then we may see a traditional Paper Mario... in the next 4 years....
bFIW06.png

Niiue said:
Nitwit said:

It's pretty much confirmed to be a Sticker Star sequel. Stickers and Things return as cards, Bowser Tape returns, you don't get EXP after battle, etc.

uZ8tixE.jpg

ah the butthurt is real

eh looks okay, but i find paper jam to be more interesting.

I hate the majority of the Paper Mario fanbase so seeing them get all upset is like heavenly music to my ears.

It's covered in paint.

Mcmadness said:
I hate the majority of the Paper Mario fanbase so seeing them get all upset is like heavenly music to my ears.

oh yeah man its like metroid federation force all over again, im surprised there wasnt a petition to cancel the game

Back