Paper Mario: Color Splash

5aycp4B.png

Calm down guys, we haven't even seen an actual trailer yet. I'm remaining optimistic about this until I can actually see whether this has a plot or not. We know nothing about this, yet people are jumping to conclusions. Super Paper Mario was just as gimmicky, and that turned out to be a genuinely good game.

tldr; inb4 this game is actually good.

Oh hey the title screen music

I saw in the japanese footage that it has no exp, consumable attacks (cards instead of stickers) and all that sticker star stuff people ''loved'' last time.

So in short this is the sticker star formula's equivalent of TTYD, same but with minor tweaks.

Sonicyay2 said:
Oh hey the title screen music

BASED GILVASUNNER PARODY ACCOUNT OMG

Mcmadness said:
I saw in the japanese footage that it has no exp, consumable attacks (cards instead of stickers) and all that sticker star stuff people ''loved'' last time.

So in short this is the sticker star formula's equivalent of TTYD, same but with minor tweaks.

I don't see what's wrong with no exp

Sonicyay2 said:
excuse u m8 did i ask for your sass

u just provided a link to the exact thing i was talking about so??

Hey guy how are you?
Are you excited about Mario Color Splash? it's coming 2016 August. I want to put Goomba and Hammer Bro as an enemy in Paper Mario Color Splash because they first appeared in Super Mario Bros for the Nintendo Entertainment System.

I remain optimist about this game. Maybe it could be better than this bad Sticker Star.

Peach is not kidnapped in the first instant. Do Bowser is aware of the journey on Prism Island ? If Bowser is not the villain, is it hoped for a new antagonist as the Shadow Queen or Dimentio ?

On Prism Island, there are six pedestal with something in the middle , can we also hoped for a kind of hidden dungeon?

Yes, there is a linear map such as Sticker Star, but frankly , we can say that it seems more beautiful than Sticker Star. Prism Island have no resemblance to Decalburg which incorporated the plains of the first World Sticker Star. It is more like Rogueport in terms of landscape, less dirty and less of a bandit place.

Yes, I remain optimist, the game may end up being better than Sticker Star, we must stop being discouraged by a only little look at the game.

Fawfultgt64 on suicide watch.

Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:

I don't see what's wrong with no exp

neither do I as long as you can do significant things with coins

Mcmadness said:

gffdhfgsfg why

Pretty much the game:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s00nYUdn8Tod

Sylveon said:
RIP Paper Mario.

Glowsquid said:
Fawfultgt64 on suicide watch.
I doubt it as long as Mario and Luigi is still around.

nintendo is dead, confirmed

packitup!

Well, this sums up my thoughts (Earth represents the things that made Paper Mario great and popular, the black hole is Miyamoto's and to an extent Nintendo's brilliant ideas, and the space ship is pretty much what was left of the Paper Mario series used to create Sticker Star and now Color Splash).

nkBL6QN.gif

On the plus side it doesn't seem to have any of that melodramatic crap that takes itself too seriously.

Many Toads of the same color - CHECK
Only a partner which is a bucket and will tattle - CHECK
No exp - CHECK
Level-based structure with goal stars and a world map connecting levels - CHECK
battles based on consumables (you get them outside battle in the trailer) that you use to attack/heal/whatsoever - CHECK
among that something there are "things" including the fan - CHECK

Fortunately I don't have a 3DS so this will be my first experience with Sticker Star (yes, I played Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and Super Paper Mario...).
If the enemies drop the colors you need the battles with standard enemies might make sense but I'm not holding my breath on battles with a purpose...

Well, at least it is not set in the Mushroom Kingdom, the princess is not kidnapped in the introduction and the Kokuppas are in...

Sonicyay2 said:
Pretty much the game:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s00nYUdn8Tod

..................... :-\ Ok then? I'll be on my way to join the army now. Please never talk to me ever again.

I love watching all the reactions, it's amazing. I wish I saw it live just so I could see twitch chat go from extreme excitement to extreme madness when it showed up.

Colour thing could be cool, depends on where they go with it after the basic idea of colouring in empty spots.

Back