Mario TV Wishlist

PrinceLarryKoopa88

Larry Koopa
Mario hasn't appeared on the big screen whether it be movie or show since like the 90's. Its said that the Super Mario Brothers movie was one of the worst movies ever. So what if, for some random reason, there were to be a new Mario movie or animated series in the coming year or so. What would you want to be featured. in the show/movie (whichever one is your choice)
If you don't want one or either, than state your reason why.

I'd want a lighthearted TV show in the style of the earlier Mario cartoons, but in CGI, and with updated voice actors.

Keep the cast of the Mario World cartoon, but remove the cavemen, and add Bowser Jr. and the Toad Brigade. And Nabbit, Rosalina, Toadette, and E. Gadd would also occasionally appear.

Borp said:
I'll take a series of 5-6 minute silent animated shorts on YouTube and nothing more.

With the sound of an old camera running.

Mario already has a TV appearance on any home console Mario game.

Make it super serious and dark with a large emphasis on melodrama and shipping.

lol no

Mcmadness said:
Make it super serious and dark with a large emphasis on melodrama and shipping.

lol no

you forgot the part where they introduce episode specific ocs

Oh yes that I did.

And make it all poorly animated and with bad humour.

Just make the whole show one big orgy with everyone and everything hooking up until every possible combination has been done.

Magikrazy said:
Just make the whole show one big orgy with everyone and everything hooking up until every possible combination has been done.
Iggy x Lemmy?

What I want to see in a new Mario cartoon us for it to have decent edits and the voice acting is decently synced with the lip movements. Seriously did no one test the other cartoons before airing them?

Magikrazy said:
Still can't believe they let Raiders of the Lost Mushroom air without adding Indiana Joe's face.

Not surprised, since that show has a billion other animation errors

Bad animation is always fun to watch.

Whatever the hell they do, just keep those god-awful song segments out.

I'd personally like a mash up between western cartoon and anime just to reflect Mario's confused identity, heh.

Striker Mario said:
Whatever the hell they do, just keep those god-awful song segments out.

unless said songs are actually good to listen to...

None of them were.

Not even that one licensed song they put in there but subsequently removed because of the lip-syncing band.

I sing the praises of the Mario & Luigi RPG series all the dang time so I'll try not to do that here, but honestly, a writing style similar to that but adapted to a TV show would be so nice. If episodic, I would love it if a TV series for Mario would keep characterization marching along, even if the plots are self-contained within episodes, much like what happens for the RPG series - you could up and pick up any of the games, but the nuances of the characters' behavior changes from game to game and it's clearly influenced by the game before it. That's the kind of style that I believe would benefit a show like that.

Not that I'm expecting heavy character development or anything from a show (or game series) about a red-clad hero who saves a princess from a giant turtle, but rather I'd just like to see strong characterization with the typical quirkiness that's associated with Mario and Luigi to show clear.

I so freaking badly want a new Mario cartoon more than almost anything else in the world. I can't stand the fact that Sonic has had five cartoon shows in more than 20 years when Mario hasn't had one in 25 years and that is the reason why I hate Sonic with a passion, and I hate Kirby and F-Zero because they got shows at a time when Mario was supposed to have his first new show since the Super Mario World cartoon. The people at the old 4Kids must despise Mario.

Here is want I want a new Mario cartoon to have:

22 minute animated episodes, not two 11 minute episodes.
Air on Fox or the CW.
No sitcom segment.
No musical singing features, or feature music.
No parodies of movies, other TV shows, and franchises.
All Mario cartoon episodes, no episodes of other video game character's shows.
A well know voice cast.
Well animated.
The Koopa Kids being called by their real names in the show.

Those are exactly what I want in a new Mario cartoon because DIC had never given Mario any show that was decent, such as a sitcom segment (don't know why it was added to the SMBSS), the annoying singing musical features sung by the Koopa Kids, and having the Legend of Zelda cartoons being show in Fridays instead of Mario cartoons with the annoying EXCCCCUUUUSSSSEEEE ME PRINCESS!!!! catch phrase. Those are some of the reasons why I want a new Mario cartoon, and if it's has everything that I have posted in this reply, it will be on TV for years, I guarantee it.

What do you mean by a well known voice cast? I'd assume they would just use the voices from the video games.

Back