Most memorable cutscenes from Mario games

The shroobs gave me cringes when I was young.

The intro to Mario Golf Toadstool Tour. For some reason, the CGi used to animate it feels like stop motion. Also, after Luigi scores a Pin Shot, you can see Daisy's face looking like an Illumise's. Wario and Waluigi trying to get away from Bowser never ceases to entertain me!

Mario Power Tennis' intro, especially that Bob-omb fight near the end. And those bloopers in the credits remind me of those bloopers during the credits to A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2 and Monsters Inc.

The cut scene from Super Mario Galaxy when Bowser interrupts the Festival and he speaks to Peach in a more gibberish monster tone. Good thing that cutscene had subtitles so players would understand what Bowser was saying.

And the intro cutscene from Super Mario 3D World where it shows the Green Sprixie explaining to Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad what's going on, and Bowser ends up kidnapping the Sprixie to set Mario up on another adventure.

To add to these, the intro to Mario versus Donkey Kong where it shows Donkey flicking through the channels until he finds the Mini Mario commercial, encouraging him to get some, only for Donkey to find out the toy shop was sold out.

I miss those cutscenes in the Mario Sports games. I really do.

The cutscene in Super Mario 3D World where all the Sprixie Princesses are saved, but then Bowser breaks the fourth wall and then kidnapped them all in one big bottle (and for some reason, they made this more convenient by gathering in one spot).

Thanks for reading.

Definitely the ending of Super Mario Galaxy. Especially the part where
Mario proclaims "Welcome. Welcome new Galaxy!"
That was amazing.

Also, the ending of Super Mario 3D Land when
Bowser is falling in Slo-mo while dramatically roaring... and suddenly gets hit on the head by a rock. It actually made me laugh because of how unexpected it was.

I remember people ridiculed "Welcome New Galaxy" at the time. I thought it was pretty corny too.

Whatever the opening Odyssey cutscene is will probably be memorable.

Three instantly came to mind, all from the M&L series:
  • In BIS, the buildup to the
    Blizzard Midbus boss is an epic cutscene that gets you in the spirit to fight your rival for the final time.
  • Another boss buildup in BIS, this time
    at the end of the game, coming face to face with Dark Bowser and then facing off in one of the greatest battles the series has to offer. Damn.
  • This one from Dream Team, Bowser's
    betrayal against Antasma is a real surprise, specifically because you've been drawn to think that the partnership between Bowser and Antasma has been completely genuine up to this point. Plus, betrayal isn't something you expect from Bowser, who isn't the brightest villain.

I like to ponder what will happen to that stadium if that Bullet Bill DIDN'T got deflected by Bowser. I mean, after seeing that huge firework, if you saw what happened, you'd be utterly horrified instead.

Baby Luigi said:
I like to ponder what will happen to that stadium if that Bullet Bill DIDN'T got deflected by Bowser. I mean, after seeing that huge firework, if you saw what happened, you'd be utterly horrified instead.

Cue Fridge Horror, brought to you by TV Tropes.

Baby Luigi said:
They've been through worse. Like this stadium below.

eSfxG7m.jpg

I like the background music there too. It's used in Sudden Death. And it doesn't sound like it belongs in a Mario game.

One thing I love about Toadstool Tour's intro is when both Mario and Luigi are looking at a trophy and then Peach calls for Mario, while Daisy calls for Luigi. It's so cute.

And who can forget the cartoonish sfx that play when Waluigi repeatedly walk to the golf ball after repeatedly missing a putt?

Bowser having a dramatic entrance in Mario Tennis 64 and then looking all happy-go-lucky as he wants to play Tennis while everybody else is confused amuses the shit out of me.

Mcmadness said:
Bowser having a dramatic entrance in Mario Tennis 64 and then looking all happy-go-lucky as he wants to play Tennis while everybody else is confused amuses the *bleep* out of me.

Cue the arrival of a Bob-Omb!

*BOOOM!*

Back