If you could erase 1 character from existence who would it be?

oh i forgot this thread existed

baby rosalina is cancerous, so her.

This is video games we're talking. It makes less sense that the babies and adults are apparently in the same time.

everything has a logic to it

and as long as the babies intended to return in PIT, the adult counterparts can still exist in the same time as them

Luigi_Fan said:
everything has a logic to it

and as long as the babies intended to return in PIT, the adult counterparts can still exist in the same time as them

Except video games. Especially spin-offs. Which is what we're talking about, right? I mean, why are Bowser and Mario semi-peacefully playing tennis with each other?

Though that does make some sense, your theory.

lol.

No, you're not thinking this through. How the hell did they even traverse through different parallel universes? There has been no game that has explained this yet.

Miyamoto has gone on record saying he considers the Mario characters to be actors. This is why Mario and Bowser could be sworn enemies in one game and doubles partners in tennis the next game.

Think of them similar to the old theatrical cartoons like Popeye and Tom & Jerry. Sometimes Tom's owner was a sassy black woman, other times his owner was a witch, sometimes they lived in a different time period altogether.

Can we just say Partners in Time is complete bullshit?

The problem is, Mario doesn't have canon. It's just an unsorted mess that has only an extremely loose continuity. You can even say Partners in Time never happened or it's some perverse retelling of another story where Mario and Luigi babysit some kids and experience hallucinations.

Roger Smith said:
all of the baby characters suck imo, so they can take a hike

(inb4 angry tirade from BLOF)

If you want them to take a hike, they'd love to bring you along.

Also, I'm hiding somewhere. Not telling you where. But I'm out to get you good.

Magikrazy said:
Miyamoto has gone on record saying he considers the Mario characters to be actors. This is why Mario and Bowser could be sworn enemies in one game and doubles partners in tennis the next game.

That kinda ruins the Mario franchise, really. Tennis/sports games are spin-offs, so AFAIK they aren't even canon.

We don't need explanations for everything, anyway. Where's the fun in that?

Striker Mario said:
Can we just say Partners in Time is complete bull*bleep*?

no

Xandalf said:
That kinda ruins the Mario franchise, really. Tennis/sports games are spin-offs, so AFAIK they aren't even canon.
It doesn't "ruin" the franchise, it's an established fact ever since the Mario franchise existed.

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi came from a different reality in the past, ala Rick and Morty or something.

Striker Mario said:
Xandalf said:
It doesn't "ruin" the franchise, it's an established fact ever since the Mario franchise existed.

I don't think you're addressing the right comment....he was talking about the actor business.

It makes more sense that way.

If you hate this whole "actor" thing, just pretend those characters are in different universes from each other. I guess.

Baby Luigi said:
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi came from a different reality in the past, ala Rick and Morty or something.
Luigi_Fan said:
No, you're not thinking this through. How the hell did they even traverse through different parallel universes? There has been no game that has explained this yet.
You can't just write it off as "oh they're from a different reality" and not provide any valid evidence.

Back