If you could erase 1 character from existence who would it be?

Xandalf said:
I don't really mind the koopalings, I just wish the NSMB games had different bosses.

Honestly, I can't think of anybody I'd want to completely erase. They can be annoying, but they all play their roles. Except Pink Gold Peach and Metal Mario, they're useless.

Although I wouldn't want to say I want to erase either. I think Metal Mario's cool, PGP is okay, I just wish they did more with them. What if Metal Mario was a machine-made Mario prototype by Smithy that got loose, and then he later stalked Mario through the spin-offs?
That would make Metal Mario awesome. I don't really want him to be an evil clone of Mario because evil clones are done to death, and we have people like Shadow Mario and Cosmic Mario as some creepy and evil Mario clones in the first place. I like the idea of Metal Mario stalking Mario, but whenever Mario turns around, Metal Mario just appears as a metallic statue. Although I'm not sure if I dig it if Metal Mario became creepy. Still, I'd like to see Metal Mario in more games, such as in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, where he's perfect to rival Metal Sonic. I think he has potential ("mia mama", anyone?), but right now, Nintendo's not doing enough with him.

I like Waluigi for being just a funny character that definitely belongs in a Mario game. Wario just wouldn't be the same without Waluigi, especially the two together look exactly like bumbling cartoon villains, complete with the tall skinny, mischievous man that's with a dumb fat person. I think that's why the Waluigi and Wario shenanigans are so entertaining, and it really sucks that the recent games don't really do this, especially Mario Tennis: Ultra Crash-and-Burn. I also think Waluigi is LONG overdue for an appearance outside of Mario spinoffs, and also an appearance in a MaRPG.

Baby Luigi said:
Yeah you did forget, considering that Elder Princess Shroob isn't the main antagonist of Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

She's a catalyst sure, but once you beat her in that first boss fight, she doesn't appear again. Bowser is more of a main antagonist than Elder Princess Shroob.

Isn't it funny? If you erase Mario from any of his spin off literally nothing happens.

Particulary because , nobody plays as him.

Of course something would happen. The game is called Mario Kart/Party/Whatever and Mario ain't in it. People would be outraged.

It's something we take for granted. We don't think much about it, but without it we'd lose our shit.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Isn't it funny? If you erase Mario from any of his spin off literally nothing happens.

Oh contraire! I play as him from time to time.

i literally don't know anybody who plays as him in anything , but anyway.

And i stand for what i said earlier , Iggy Azalea or whatever is his name , that nerdy koopa needs to go away , no wonder they ditched him in M&S at the Olympic Rio games , he is scary as hell.

Another character that could go away , would be Pauline since she is literally pointless at this rate , i even forget she exists sometimes.

And maybe Boshi , he is such a bad attemp of making something look edgy.

The Siren Sisters , except Vivian , Vivian can sit with us , She/he is cool.

Dry Bowser can stay in hell for what i care.

and possibly Any sub boss in 3D World , since they are pretty forgettable.

MnSG said:
Frankly, changing Iggy's hair color from rainbow to green at least makes him a more unique Koopaling, even if he is quite crazy.
IggySMB3Ani.gif

SMB3LarryKoopaSprite.gif

LemmySMB3Ani.gif

SMWIggyKoopaSprite.png

SMWLarryKoopaSprite.png

SMWLemmyKoopaSprite.png

SMWSMA2IggyKoopaSprite.png

SMWSMA2LarryKoopaSprite.png

Iggy-MLSS.png

Lemmy-MLSS.png

I wonder why people had trouble distinguishing Iggy from Lemmy and Larry, it's so obvious that he's the only one with glasses, right?

Anyway, even if I had the chance of doing it, I wouldn't erase a character of the Mario universe from existence, at most, if it is just an alternate version of an existing character, I would rather change it (Baby Rosalina must match the storybook!) or relegate it to spinoff titles (Dry Bowser). And kindly ask Nintendo to add new characters in spinoff titles rather than create new alternate versions of the same characters.

It still boggles the mind how Nintendo has the rights to the Donkey Kong characters, and yet the company never even bothers to implement the Kremling Krew anymore, even if it's just for the Mario spin-offs. Smash 3DS at least gave the Kritters some attention, but K. Rool still has not seen the spotlight since Mario Super Sluggers; he does get a trophy cameo in Smash 3DS / Wii U, but that's just not enough.

Xandalf said:
Pretty much. Mario practically owns the entire franchise, Luigi's in nearly every game and has a mini-series, and Wario basically has his own series, same with Yoshi and Donkey Kong, and Waluigi can't even escape the spin-offs?

I'm still waiting for Bowser to get his own dedicated game where he is the main character, he needs a game far more than Waluigi does.

Bowser's inside story doesn't count since he shares the spotlight with Mario & Luigi

Alas the Koopa King shall forever be forsaken.

Or I'm whinny, probably both.

Mcmadness said:
I'm still waiting for Bowser to get his own dedicated game where he is the main character, he needs a game far more than Waluigi does.

Bowser's inside story doesn't count since he shares the spotlight with Mario & Luigi

And let's not forget that the Mario & Luigi series is not part of the mainstream Super Mario series.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Bowser already has his own game

It's called Mario Party 10 , don't ask for more , please understand.

It's still called Mario, Bowser's just the main new mechanic added to the game which isn't saying much.

I, too, would like a Bowser game. I love Waluigi but Bowser's been around for so long, I don't see why he hasn't already.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Did Super Smash Bros. 4 suddenly stop existing?

Or any godforsaken Mario game?

MnSG said:
It still boggles the mind how Nintendo has the rights to the Donkey Kong characters, and yet the company never even bothers to implement the Kremling Krew anymore, even if it's just for the Mario spin-offs. Smash 3DS at least gave the Kritters some attention, but K. Rool still has not seen the spotlight since Mario Super Sluggers; he does get a trophy cameo in Smash 3DS / Wii U, but that's just not enough.
Yeah, but I'm still betting on the day King K. Rool will make a triumphant return. One day. It's been two Donkey Kong Country games, so I'll wait more.

Xandalf said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Bowser already has his own game

It's called Mario Party 10 , don't ask for more , please understand.

It's still called Mario, Bowser's just the main new mechanic added to the game which isn't saying much.

I, too, would like a Bowser game. I love Waluigi but Bowser's been around for so long, I don't see why he hasn't already.

I could only guess it's because they can't think of something specific to do with Bowser, afterall their design philosophy is usually ''come up with idea and assign character to it'' rather than taking a character and putting ideas on it.

Striker Mario said:
Did Super Smash Bros. 4 suddenly stop existing?

Or any godforsaken Mario game?

They did specify spin-offs, but yeah, people play as Mario all the time in spin-offs, so I'm not sure what was meant by it.

It probably stems from some sort of bitterness that Mario is playable in all Mario games, particularly the spinoffs. He is sometimes used more than others, he is sometimes used less than others. And there are super fans who use him regardless, regular fans that use him sometimes or are just neutral, there are super haters that pretend he doesn't exist, and there are mega haters that force computers to always use him for the haters' sadistic enjoyment. So in other words, he's just like any other character.

The logic around Mario not being selected by most people in Spin Off games is simple:

In every Main game , and literally any Mario game (except games like Luigi's Mansion and SPP) you are forced to Play as Mario , only limited occasions such as 3D world break this rule , but otherwise you are forced to play as Mario.

Why would anybdy play as Mario when you have plenty of characters for all the tastes to choose from in Spin Off games?

Yeah , unless you specifically like Mario ; Otherwise he is not a popular choice.

I like playing as Mario.

Swiftie_Luma said:
The logic around Mario not being selected by most people in Spin Off games is simple:

In every Main game , and literally any Mario game (except games like Luigi's Mansion and SPP) you are forced to Play as Mario , only limited occasions such as 3D world break this rule , but otherwise you are forced to play as Mario.

Why would anybdy play as Mario when you have plenty of characters for all the tastes to choose from in Spin Off games?

Yeah , unless you specifically like Mario ; Otherwise he is not a popular choice.
I hear that all the time. It's still a terrible rationale to cut Mario ever or pretend he doesn't exist. Sure, he suffers from main character syndrome, but you don't have to go around and offend Mario fans by claiming that "nobody uses him".

I'd imagine actually that more people would play as Mario just because they get really familiar with him, and familiarity breeds fondness. Also, the logic doesn't really make sense once you factor in Luigi because Luigi recently is almost always playable alongside Mario, but nobody really says that since Luigi is playable in Galaxy 1 (and you even have to use him to 100% that game) or in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Yeah, you're still forced to use Mario sometimes, but the "main character" syndrome should have still a small effect on Luigi, right?

And also, you have to factor in the actual merit of the character, which people go for (such as in Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Super Mario 3D World where Mario's unspectacular traits hinder his effectiveness, compared to Super Smash Bros. 4, Mario Baseball, or Mario Strikers Charged, where Mario actually shines and sees a fairly big playerbase). Finally, if you're going to measure Mario's use vs. "everyone else in the series" of course Mario is going to get dwarfed. You have to look at individual characters. People like Rosalina, Luigi, and Yoshi are probably used more, but I think Mario's still used more than Donkey Kong, Shy Guy, Baby Luigi, or Wario, and I'm not sure how he stands against Bowser, Toad, or Toadette.

Video game boards are srs bsns.

You have to tread carefully.

Still more serious than GameFacks tho.

Striker Mario said:
It probably stems from some sort of bitterness that Mario is playable in all Mario games, particularly the spinoffs. He is sometimes used more than others, he is sometimes used less than others. And there are super fans who use him regardless, regular fans that use him sometimes or are just neutral, there are super haters that pretend he doesn't exist, and there are mega haters that force computers to always use him for the haters' sadistic enjoyment. So in other words, he's just like any other character.
Well, to be fair, depending on your definition of a Mario game he isn't playable in all of them. Super Princess Peach, Luigi's Mansion, and its sequel are all games in which he's a dude in distress.

i didn't think these topics were suppoused to be taken seriously.
u talk abt vid gam online? stop havin opinion!!!

But no, I wasn't upset at all about your possible opinion toward Mario, I was just clarifying that there are a lot of people who do play as him in spin-offs.

Back