Favourite Chapter Of The Original Paper Mario?

Which chapter of the original Paper Mario is your favourite?

• Prologue: A Plea from the Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chapter 1: Storming Koopa Bros. Fortress

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Chapter 2: The Mystery of Dry, Dry Ruins

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Chapter 3: The "Invincible" Tubba Blubba

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Chapter 4: Trials in the Toy Box

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Chapter 5: Hot, Hot Times on Lavalava Island

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Chapter 6: Dark Days in Flower Fields

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Chapter 7: A Star Spirit on Ice

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Chapter 8: A Star-Powered Showdown!

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
MarioWiki
Uniju :D
Just curious what is everyone's favourite chapter from Paper Mario. I always used to like 4 when I was a kid but now I'd probably say 6. The back and forth gets a little annoying but I really like the theme and the characters. 3 is also up there it introduces the best partner plus it has a windmill. Of course they're all good

Chapter 6 and Chapter 1 were the most memorable to me, so I guess I'd say them.

One of these days I should go back and play through the original PM again.

I guess 7? Idk

either 3, 6, or 7, i cant really decide

all of them are good in their own way though i think

Turboo said:
all of them are good in their own way though i think
this pretty much

but if i had to pick one, i'd say 4 is marginally my favourite due to its setting and boss
3 and 7 are also great though

3, 4, 5, or 7, can't really decide.

Chapter 1. I didn't ever play through the full game myself because I lost it when my Wii died, I've only watched the whole thing.

Ok, I'll admit, the fat Yoshi (village leader) and the Yoshi's Island theme, along with the other Yoshis and their beautiful animations really left me in awe, and it doesn't help that Raphael the Raven shows in as well as one of the oddest partners, Sushie, that there are a few puzzles and the interesting volcano part with Kolorado finally revealing his personality.
On the other hand, apart from the obvious Toy Box and General Guy that of course have had much deserved praise, I think chapter 6 is really interesting, because of the gloomy area and music before and the need to understand how to go on. Chapter 3 is also good, first with the Forever Forest and its puzzles, then with the mansion and those funny tricks along with Lady Bow and finally with that Tubba Blubba part which is a diversion (stealth action?) and is also a bit less for children (Boos getting eaten, the heart being separated from Tubba Blubba who remains with a patch).
And chapter 7 is impressive, both in the settings and because of starting with a "crime story" and ending in the fantastic Crystal Palace, that I think is one of the best section of the game, with that slightly unsettling atmosphere and all the oddities.
But really, while chapter 7 is probably the best in a more "objective" sense, we're talking about a game in which pretty much all chapters deserve some praise

Gonna go ahead and rank them

8th Chapter 6: Really boring in areas, plot uninteresting as it's poorly executed and a bland environment. Only redeeming quality was the boss at the end.
7th Chapter 2: Started with annoying backtracking, desert was confusing and boss sucked. Did like Dry Dry Ruins though.
6th Chapter 1: Decent introduction to the game. Basic (which it's why it's not any higher) but that what's it's supposed to be. It sets things up nicely. Koopa Bros perhaps some of the best characters in the series.
5th Chapter 3: Bit of an up and down chapter. Lacks action in areas but has one of the best sub-plots and the chase was awesome. The barren setting was so different compared to the much more joyful settings in the rest of the game and I liked that.
4th Chapter 8: Excellent build up with music and atmosphere excellent. Just needs more to be there.
3rd Chapter 7: Snow makes this level feel special. Great plot, enjoyable moments and the Crystal Palace is a sight to bejoy.
2nd Chapter 4: I liked this chapter just for it's setup. I like the different kind of Shy Guys and I liked the atmosphere. Has a my favourite boss aw. Does suffer from the annoying fetch quest midway through but I can overlook that.
1st Chapter 5: I just like everything about this chapter. The setting, the plot, the music and gameplay.

the one with shy guy hitler

also basically any chapter because that game doesnt really have vastly differing chapters in terms of quality like ttyd (i didnt really like chapter 2) or spm (this game didnt have any 'bad' chapters (although 1 was the worst one), but it had ones that were siginificantly better than the rest (3, 7)).

horses tbh said:
the one with shy guy hitler

also basically any chapter because that game doesnt really have vastly differing chapters in terms of quality like ttyd (i didnt really like chapter 2) or spm (this game didnt have any 'bad' chapters (although 1 was the worst one), but it had ones that were siginificantly better than the rest (3, 7)).
the pikmins punis are fantastic and i won't hear otherwise

tbh tho i love chapter 2's setting because it's freaking pretty

the setting is cool maybe but idk it was just a bunch of back- and forthtracking and the dungeon wasnt that cool either (especially because puni mechanics)

4 had a lot of backtracking as well but that one at least had a good twist and i found doopliss to be cool (probably third worst chapter imo though, 1 being second).

compared to chapter 7, where you have to run back to almost every other location in the game just to find one npc, i never thought of it as being that bad

My favorite chapter in TTYD is chapter 3

Although chapter 2 in SPM is awful

Time Turner said:
compared to chapter 7, where you have to run back to almost every other location in the game just to find one npc, i never thought of it as being that bad

i always forget about that one

the cannon scene and the mon paid off for that though so

Lord Vader said:
Although chapter 2 in SPM is awful
Just because you didn't try to rack up more than 10000 rubees on thee wheel and get the congratulations from the "employer"...
or if you did, you obviously weren't paying enough attention to the sense of achievement.
No, seriously, how could the developers think that getting almost 10000 rubees that way was a good idea...

Chapter 2 in SPM wasn't that bad, it just had one bad level imo. 2-1, 2-2 and 2-4 were perfectly fine levels. I don't think any of SPM'a chapters sucked on a full level, I was gonna say 6 was the worst for being tedious but the lasting impact was the strongest in the game. It truly showed what would of happened if Count Bleck succeeded and how sad his motives are. Probably the darkest moment in the entire Mario franchise.

Worst chapter in Paper Mario easily has to be World 2 from Sticker Star.

Oh boy, that's a tough choice for me; Paper Mario is one of my top favorite video games, and each chapter has its moments that make it great! I figure it'd be a bit of a cop out to pick Chapter 8 since that's the grand finale... But still, that final boss theme freakin' ROCKS; one of my all-time favorite boss battles!

i voted for 4 but they're all good

i have never played beyond some point in chapter 6, though

Back