“Daisy is just a Peach clone!” The Ultimate Response

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not up for a discussion about the lamest horse in the stable , aka Waluigi.

So i'm just going to say , ok.

If you're going to play that dumb card, then 'Elsa' is in the same boat as Daisy and Waluigi since they all got passed up in the most successful Mario game of all time in favor of Toadette. :toadette:

Swiftie_Luma said:
I'm not up for a discussion about the lamest horse in the stable , aka Waluigi.

So i'm just going to say , ok.
I'll never understand why you like Honey Queen more than Waluigi, but there's no point in arguing how good a character is, as that's completely subjective. So, yeah. :)
7GrandDad said:
Ehh, I sometimes joke about that, but Rosalina is actually pretty different from Elsa. The only real similarity is their dress and hair colors.

Wow, I didn't know that the TC had a tumblr account.

With that said (and I'm still trying to recover and get my "groove" back for the Mario girls), that always annoys me like heck in regards to how Daisy gets downplayed like that. Seriously. I mean, even when the Gamecube games came around, Daisy had her own personality (which is true in the Mario Tennis and Mario Party 3 N64 installments; only that the Gamecube installments after that took it to a whole new level).

The only thing I care about is that as long as Daisy stays "positive" along with all the other Mario girls we know of so far in both adventure and spinoff installments, that seals the deal for me on that end. Enough said.

I'm sorry but there is just absolutely no case for Daisy, despite how vocal her fans are the fact of the matter is she is still an unimportant character from the spinoffs that exclusively acts as roster filler. Smash is a game for Nintendo all stars, if you take a look at the roster every single character on it is either a main character, or in the case of long running franchises that change up their cast often like Pokemon and Fire Emblem, whomever is the most iconic from the franchise or the most notable one from a recent game. Daisy does not have the distinction of being a main character

like, even aside from that, she has absolutely no unique attributes to her character. Not having much to base a moveset on generally isn't an argument for Smash, but seriously, what does Daisy even do? She does the exact same things every other Mario character does in the spinoffs, there is absolutely nothing special about her character. And this one is obvious, she's too similar to Peach. I just don't think you can give her a moveset that just isn't a mess of stuff that doesn't work and is in no way related to her character. Even Waluigi has more of an argument to him, at the very least he has an outrageous personality and unique character design.

I dont really mind Daisy , but she barely had the ''personality'' she has in the current games when it comes to the first ones she appeared in.

In Tennis , she was almost like Peach and had a pretty generic voice that , while different to Peach's , didn't help her achive any kind of Tomboy status.

In Tennis Daisy was originally portrayed as very clumsy , and sounded very soft spoken.

MP3 has Daisy being almost exactly like Peach , even sharing voice actress. In this game Daisy does not really have any kind of tomboy or competitive traits.

They went so far to make Daisy's signature stamp the one called BEAUTY.

Last time i checked that's not a word that goes along with Tomboys , considering Beauty is commonly realtioned with femenine traits.

When Nintendo decided to both change Daisy's voice and appearence is when Daisy actually gained some uniqueness , not before.

However this uniqueness came with a downside , because now , Daisy is regarded as one of the most annoying characters in the franchise.

You would imagine that the tomboy princess would be a complete 180 to the girly one , but that's not the case. In fact , Peach is not really refered as annoying like Daisy always is.

Lastly , while people like to comment about Daisy being a tomboy and all , which is true for some parts , in the end she is still very much like Peach.

She can be as girly as she is , and as femenine as she is.

Daisy's whole association with flowers is already girly enough to prove this , but it makes sense since she is female , so you get the easy relation in there.

Things like this also happen

tumblr_n7i5k1jjNZ1qiodg3o1_500.gif

a8d18ff1688e32f55600e9d03757621a.jpg

tumblr_nu4l9taZls1tdqgyao3_500.gif

While being regarded as a ''tomboy'' , in most games Daisy is not stranger to feminity and displays such traits in most of her appearences such as blowing kisses , instead of being actually like a tomboy.

I've sometimes thought of Daisy's tomboyish traits to be an informed attribute, since I don't see much difference between her and Peach.

Luigi 64DD said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
What is with Luigi in this pic?
HINT: Play as Daisy in Mario Power Tennis and win a tournament. You'll see the hilarious reason why.

Luigi 64DD said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
What is with Luigi in this pic?

you spin me right round baby

right round

like a record baby

right round round round

Swiftie_Luma said:
I dont really mind Daisy , but she barely had the ''personality'' she has in the current games when it comes to the first ones she appeared in.

In Tennis , she was almost like Peach and had a pretty generic voice that , while different to Peach's , didn't help her achive any kind of Tomboy status.

In Tennis Daisy was originally portrayed as very clumsy , and sounded very soft spoken.

MP3 has Daisy being almost exactly like Peach , even sharing voice actress. In this game Daisy does not really have any kind of tomboy or competitive traits.

They went so far to make Daisy's signature stamp the one called BEAUTY.

Last time i checked that's not a word that goes along with Tomboys , considering Beauty is commonly realtioned with femenine traits.

When Nintendo decided to both change Daisy's voice and appearence is when Daisy actually gained some uniqueness , not before.

However this uniqueness came with a downside , because now , Daisy is regarded as one of the most annoying characters in the franchise.

You would imagine that the tomboy princess would be a complete 180 to the girly one , but that's not the case. In fact , Peach is not really refered as annoying like Daisy always is.

Lastly , while people like to comment about Daisy being a tomboy and all , which is true for some parts , in the end she is still very much like Peach.

She can be as girly as she is , and as femenine as she is.

Daisy's whole association with flowers is already girly enough to prove this , but it makes sense since she is female , so you get the easy relation in there.

Things like this also happen

tumblr_n7i5k1jjNZ1qiodg3o1_500.gif

a8d18ff1688e32f55600e9d03757621a.jpg

tumblr_nu4l9taZls1tdqgyao3_500.gif

While being regarded as a ''tomboy'' , in most games Daisy is not stranger to feminity and displays such traits in most of her appearences such as blowing kisses , instead of being actually like a tomboy.

Yes, I know that Daisy is more girly than other tomboys, and I don't mind that. Because it's different to the "OH I'M DEPRESSED AND TORN AND DIRTY" traits that other tomboy characters have, and Daisy doesn't have feminine traits that are as extreme as Peach and Rosalina....e.g lips.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Daisy might be considered as "more tomboyish" than Peach, but she's obviously not an out-and-out tomboy. In fact, TVtropes even lists her as a "Girly Girl with a Tomboy Streak" rather than the other way around.

We're really using TV Tropes to define character personality now?

LeftyGreenMario said:
We're really using TV Tropes to define character personality now?
No, just as examples.

Those "girly" moments that Daisy had on those gifs are not really girly, they are more vain/sassy, in fact they usually are along with sentences like "I'm the best!"

"Daisy's whole association with flowers is already girly enough to prove this , but it makes sense since she is female , so you get the easy relation in there"

Daisy's assocation with flowers is not generic, there is a reason on why she is associated with them, reason that comes when she was in develop back in 1988/89.

Being beautiful is not girly only, tomboys can be beautiful as well, tons of people can it's not a thing exclusive to girly girls. And girly creatures can be ugly of course, look at Birdo she is girly but she is ugly (no hate on Birdo).

"Lastly , while people like to comment about Daisy being a tomboy and all , which is true for some parts , in the end she is still very much like Peach."

Not really. In terms of personality no, at all.
Peach is girly, calm, polite, emotionally weak, the classic princess.
Daisy is energetic, loud, always happy, competitive, less polite, sassy and yes, she is a tomboy.
They share a similar personality only on N64 games where Daisy was not developed yet.

Look how they play in a game like Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, Peach plays with elegance even when she hit the ball, she is calm (and she wears a skirt), Daisy's elegance is absent, she is loud and takes the competition more seriously.

Peach is also the classic damsel in distress that gets kidnapped often, she is generally weak in terms of body powers, she is usually a technical type, based more on strategy not body skill.
For her magic power she can float and do various things with magic more notably in Mario & Luigi Bowser inside story.
Daisy is more athletic than Peach, she was kidnapped one time she is also stronger, (she also slapped Bowser away), she only has magic for her special shot in sports games like every character, Daisy herself does have not any magic power.
Daisy is more All-around than Peach, she is at least average in anything and does not have tge same stats in every sport game.
Peach rules a fantasy-based kingdoom, Daisy rules a realistic-based kingdoom.

Swiftie Luma, say that the reason that New Daisy is worse than Old Daisy is the fandom is quite flawed, I can't deny that the Daisy fandom is bad... because it is... especially for Memoryfreak, but the fandom is not a part of the character itself, I'm not atracking you, just saying.

daisy has a lot of extensive backstory dating to nintendo's founding in 1889

fusajiro yamauchi knew a girl named daisy as a kid with whom he had an extensive and passionate affair. in his will he asked his grandson to carry on the legacy of daisy by continuing nintendo and one day when video games get invented make her a mario character

Out of all the dead topics that have been revived , this one pisses me off the most.

WHY (CLAP) THE (CLAP) FUCK (CLAP) DID (CLAP) SOMEONE (CLAP) REVIVE (CLAP) THIS (CLAP) SHIT (CLAP)

Peach-DaisyRecolor-SSBBrawl+smash+bros+wii.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back