“Daisy is just a Peach clone!” The Ultimate Response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats funny to me is that characters like Luigi look very clone-ish , as opposed to Daisy and Waluigi.

Even if Daisy and Waluigi share many physical traits with Peach and Wario respectively , they don't come out as a recolor , like Luigi literally was at some point in his existence.

In recent games , details such as Daisy being thicker and smaller than Peach are more visible than ever and i like that because its just good to see.

But in the end , the fact that all the characters share traits with some others , mostly physical , comes to me more as that this is Nintendos style , is a way to make them look like a ''family'' , like all the characters presented are from the same brand and the same series.

Looking similar also makes them look very good together paired up.

Finally someone made this, Daisy is not a Peach clone, first because they aren't the same person and second because she just shared some similarites with her, Daisy has totally another personality who developed during years, Peach is feminine, weak and polite, Daisy is tomboyish and sassy. Peach abilites are based on hearts, she's weak and a technical type, she can use her parasol and float, Daisy can use flowers and she is more an all-round type: more speed, more strong, a little less technical, she can't use her parasol because she hasn't one.
She also had her own kingdoom inspired to the real world, her develop, even a story behind her creation.
She just had a similar role in Super Mario Land and a similar dress.

memoryman3 said:
:daisy: is the best! You actually outdone my article I made about this last year...

i hope you don't become the next user punchline for this forum here

Ah yes. Memoryman3. The guy who spammed the Nintendo subreddit with obnoxious posts about Daisy. Surprised it took him this long to get here.

This is just the beggining of the end.

I thought this forum was my safe haven ... now its ruined.

We soon will face a Daisy invasion. Stay alert.

Swiftie_Luma said:

well if the daisy obsession is just as bad here as it is in reddit and gamefacks, the perpetrators will find eventually find themselves banned

I'm hoping that's not the case though. They don't seem like particularly bad users, but, like FawfultheGreat, just a bit annoying with their obsessive subject matter.

Swiftie_Luma said:

orange dresses rising from the shitposts

waluigi sacrifices

peach and daisy living together

mass hydrangea

Time Turner said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

orange dresses rising from the shitposts

waluigi sacrifices

peach and daisy living together

mass hydrangea

hail hydrangea

:daisy:

Yay I'm famous.

Saying that Daisy is a straight Peach clone annoys me the most. Sure, they do share some traits, like they are both princesses. But they move and act differently in most games they're in. If she was in more story-based games, we would see this more clearly.

Here's an example of this.

rpDlX8H.gif

*INfamous

Technically nobody is a ''clone'' of anybody as none of the characters look or act 100% identical , which in real life would be that actual definition of a clone

People on the internet are just so dumb to jump into whichever bandwagon and start calling everybody a clone or using terms to describe certain aspects of a character or a game.

the Smash community is known for that , and that's why it's toxic.

Holy shit do not get me started on clone Smash characters. Yes, they are a thing, but people look past all the intricacies that make them play vastly different. Any Melee player worth their salt will tell you the way you play Fox and the way you play Falco are totally different. Likewise, grouping the Brawl semi-clones like Lucas, Ganondorf, and Toon Link alongside Dark Pit and Lucina is very dumb. Brawl did a great job of adding semi-clones who were much more unique than past clones in terms of movesets, as well as altering Luigi, Falco, and Ganon further.

And I swear, if I hear "Wolf is clone of Fox" one more time...

Sorry for that rant.

Re: [GASP] YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

Harsh Man Daisy's a tomboy Peach is the girly blonde type.. so BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!

GalacticPetey said:
grouping the Brawl semi-clones like Lucas
I have so much to say about Lucas not being a clone, but this is a Daisy thread.

Anyhoodles, there are a few things I'd like to mention:
  • I've noticed that most of the antipathy towards Daisy is generally because of her voice. Like, she's too loud or something like that. (Not to mention that horrid meme that needs to die.) So she's not as soft-spoken as Peach. That just adds to her personality.
  • "Clone" isn't the best word to use, in my opinion. "Counterpart" is much more fitting, because Daisy isn't so much of a clone of Peach as she is Peach's counterpart. Peach and Daisy are downplayed foils to each other, and their partners and best friends. Realistically, any similarities they might have are likely because of said friendship.
    Peach is the generally princess proper trope, being generally prim and proper, soft spoken, and, of course, clad in pink. She does, however, know how to rough it up if the time comes.
    Daisy can be considered a tomboy with a girly streak. She's a loud-spoken, energetic go-getter who tends to use more informal speech. The girly streak comes into play when taking into account her flower motif, her fancy dress, how she prides herself on being "the fairest of them all", and the number of times she blows kisses throughout the games. Also the way she squees over cute things (see the list of her Fortune Street quotes (List of Fortune Street quotes#Princess_Daisy) for that last one).
  • I find it odd that it doesn't take nearly as much effort to convince people that Waluigi needs his own game. Both characters are in the same boat. Think of common the arguments used against Daisy. Annoying voice. No personality. Only for spinoffs. Useless. Only serves to be a counterpart to Peach and Luigi. (etc) These same arguments can be used against Waluigi (albeit Peach is replaced with Wario), yet the people seem to favor Waluigi more and thus arguments against his are far less frequent. Seems a bit hypocritical, if you ask me, to despise a character for traits while praising another character who has the same traits.
Wow, I didn't think I'd actually write that all out.

Actually the only reason Daisy has a bad name online is pretty much thanks to her terrible fanbase.

Daisy as a character is pretty mild and cool for the most part as she is not really seen as a ''clone'' , but thanks to her terrible fans , she gets the axe and it's the victim of many many terrible comparisons and scenarios.

There was an era in which it was cooler to play as Daisy rather than Peach ... well , not anymore. Nobody wants to be associated with that anymore.

I like how Bowser deals with his clones.

He either kills them or they work under him.

• J-Yoshi64 said:
    • I find it odd that it doesn't take nearly as much effort to convince people that Waluigi needs his own game. Both characters are in the same boat. Think of common the arguments used against Daisy. Annoying voice. No personality. Only for spinoffs. Useless. Only serves to be a counterpart to Peach and Luigi. (etc) These same arguments can be used against Waluigi (albeit Peach is replaced with Wario), yet the people seem to favor Waluigi more and thus arguments against his are far less frequent. Seems a bit hypocritical, if you ask me, to despise a character for traits while praising another character who has the same traits.
    Wow, I didn't think I'd actually write that all out.
    Not only are a lot of these wholly subjective, it's also circular logic in some circles (heh). When you ask for these characters to have their own game, the same arguments are brought up for why they should not play a big role or get their own game.

Besides we all know who REALLY needs their own game.

E.Gadd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back