“Daisy is just a Peach clone!” The Ultimate Response

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Daisy had to be in Smash, I'd love to see a SML inspired moveset.

Definitely. She can use the Sky Pop as a recovery or sidespecial or even a normal move if we're crazy enough. But yeah, I'd love seeing that; Mario spinoffs moveset might be a tad too predictable.

If it means I get more remixes of SML music I'm game.

She is not a clone in any way.

When people say that she is , it comes out as ignorant , hateful and stupid.

GalacticPetey said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
When people say that she is , it comes out as ignorant , hateful and stupid.
Hateful? That's a little extreme.

No need to acknowledge that, really. There are a couple posts in this thread that go into why and how Daisy can be considered a clone of Peach, and all of them are much better thought-out and articulated than that outburst up there.

Plus, they manage to make their points without personal attacks, so that's a bonus.

the only real hateful and stupid people are people who claim that baby luigi is a baby mario clone

ok, some clones can be enhanced versions of the original but my point still stands

I often forget Daisy exists.

It's hard to pretend she doesn't exist when she's all happy and yelling and bombs are blowing up near her.

I don't play many games she's in.

Huh, most games I play have her in some way, shape, or form.

She's often a punching bag.

Yeah my primary love of the franchise does come from the more singleplayer oriented games which she is largely absent from.

And when I do play a sports game or mario kart I'm more focused on the characters I like to pay her any mind.

when people say she's a peach clone, they don't necessarily say that she looks exactly like her, they say that she doesn't play any other role other than being a peach clone

she's the damsel in distress for luigi's character to save now, she plays the exact same role in the one game she was the damsel in, she might as well have not even been there

now she's there for the hell of it, because nintendo seriously think that she's more interesting than WART, WHO IS THE MOST UNDERRATED MARIO CHARACTER EVER

JonTron said:
when people say she's a peach clone, they don't necessarily say that she looks exactly like her, they say that she doesn't play any other role other than being a peach clone

she's the damsel in distress for luigi's character to save now, she plays the exact same role in the one game she was the damsel in, she might as well have not even been there

now she's there for the hell of it, because nintendo seriously think that she's more interesting than WART, WHO IS THE MOST UNDERRATED MARIO CHARACTER EVER

Since when did Luigi save her? (Which I would detest if they did that) Mario saved her in SML1. Honestly I feel she has potential, but apparently Nintendo doesn't like incorporating spin-off elements into the main game.

Wart? The toad that chokes on vegetables?

Dr. Alphys said:
Samus Aran said:
yeah man she has a third eye after all.

C8bucxJ.png

im dying help me

JonTron said:

as much as i like frog and toads, wart is more uninteresting in the fact that he is literally the biggest dipshit in the mario franchise.

I don't see the appeal of Wart, he's just a king frog who hates veggies.

The thing is: If we label Daisy as a clone because she is mechanically identical to various instances of Peach, we also have to label Wart as a clone because he is mechanically identical to Bowser. So yeah, Wart is pretty much in the same boat as Daisy.

If I had to choose between one of the two getting more fleshed out, I'd proooobably go with Daisy because the ruler of crazy-ass Sarasaland with its fly monsters and pogoing zombies seems like a more interesting concept than another megalomaniacal monarch whose iconic minions have been mostly incorporated into the Mario world by this point anyway.

But that's only IF they go with the Sarasaland angle and make her thematically fit the place she's ruling. If they stick to the "ooh, she's not like Peach because she's a tomboy" thing and only that thing, they can keep her.

No idea what they could do to make Wart interesting anyhow. One of those old comics had him like a used car salesman but that basically ignored everything about him in SMB2

Well, in Link's Awakening, he's an (ear-bleedingly terrible) vocalist?

Uhh...

I saw a flash video once where the author took advantage of the fact that you never see Wart's backside, so when he turned around you saw he was wearing nothing to cover his ass...

Yeah, I got nothing.

Dr. Alphys said:
Well, in Link's Awakening, he's an (ear-bleedingly terrible) vocalist?

Uhh...

I saw a flash video once where the author took advantage of the fact that you never see Wart's backside, so when he turned around you saw he was wearing nothing to cover his ass...

Yeah, I got nothing.
was that the one where Wart farted every two seconds

that was an odd video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back