The Pyr-art Guy

Re: The Pyro Guy's 3D art thread (with some 2D thrown in)

L4R0JCX.gif

Rigging the model was easier than I thought.

Re: The Pyro Guy's 3D art thread (with some 2D thrown in)

GTShsXc.png

Thank you, Walkazo.

Re: The Pyro Guy's 3D art thread (thank you, Walkazo)

For the Boo Guy, I don't think I'd even start with a sphere. For a Shy Guy face, I'd take a cube, remove all faces except for the front one, extrude the edges, and then delete the original face, so it resembles an eyehole somewhat. I'd then work from there. Anyhow, that's the approach when you're modeling faces in general.

Who needs making a model yourself when you can smoothen an already existing model?
AUMUoTy.png

Yeah okay the textures need work, but I can redo them.

Meh, smoothing the existing model doesn't automatically make it look better

Re: The Pyro Guy's 3D art thread

U7UTkdH.gif

Something that I came up with while experimenting with some modifications.
Striker Mario said:
For the Boo Guy, I don't think I'd even start with a sphere. For a Shy Guy face, I'd take a cube, remove all faces except for the front one, extrude the edges, and then delete the original face, so it resembles an eyehole somewhat. I'd then work from there. Anyhow, that's the approach when you're modeling faces in general.
I'll try that if I have the time to do so.

Re: TPG's 3D Art Thread (with 2D sometimes)

BdnlwDQ.gif

i figured it out

it's a cloth simulation

more cloth shenanigans coming soon

Magikrazy said:
The Pyro Guy said:
U7UTkdH.gif

Something that I came up with while experimenting with some modifications.
This is oddly hypnotic.
I can send you the whole animation if you want.

There are two strange things about the animation: at one point, his arm just shoots up for no reason, and he bends over backwards at the end, which messes up the model a lot.

Charley Dietz said:
There are two strange things about the animation: at one point, his arm just shoots up for no reason, and he bends over backwards at the end, which messes up the model a lot.
That was only to influence the sheet's movement; if the Shy Guy was still, the sheet would slowly slide off. That's boring.

The Pyro Guy said:
Charley Dietz said:
That was only to influence the sheet's movement; if the Shy Guy was still, the sheet would slowly slide off. That's boring.

Then why doesn't he get hit by the cloth and fall over like he's getting punched in the face? That would look normal and not be boring.

2x0wwmR.gif

I mean, the Shy Guy reacts to it, and it's not boring...

(i have no idea what happened though, blender crashed after the final frame in the .gif)

FemPyro said:
Can you make a 3d recreation of this GIF?

Shy Guy riggings aren't designed with human movements in mind. Nor is their model designed with human features in mind. This is practically impossible, unless I drastically change the actual dance to cope with an actual Shy Guy.

no, it's not practically impossible, it's just extremely difficult to pull off like any sort of complex animation, especially dance animations

shy guys are still bipeds like humans, so you can replicate their animations using their physique. the problem of course, is that you probably have to do it from scratch since, as you said, they have slightly different proportions from humans

I found Shy Gal models for Garry's Mod, if that helps.

Where? If it's from an add-on, TPG needs to have Steam, download Garry's Mod, subscribe to that add-on, start Garry's Mod up to download it, quit, then decompile the .gma file, decompile the .mdl file, and have an import plug-in that supports .smds for Blender.

A bit complex, don't you think?

7rIaqlz.png

meh.

c9DEp0o.png

ignore the red line, that's just a mouse slip on snipping tool's end

wLKsScH.gif

fun with soft body modifiers.

Baby Luigi said:
Where? If it's from an add-on, TPG needs to have Steam, download Garry's Mod, subscribe to that add-on, start Garry's Mod up to download it, quit, then decompile the .gma file, decompile the .mdl file, and have an import plug-in that supports .smds for Blender.

A bit complex, don't you think?
I don't even use steam, let alone buy a game with it.

I'd use it more often if I had money.

well it's a shame because i consider garry's mod and source filmmaker excellent tools for fooling around with models, whether it's posing or animation. both also have maps w/ lighting already built in for you, which i consider it the biggest advantage over 3d modeling programs.

it's a bit hard to manipulate ragdolls at first for gmod, and it really depends on how well the author of the ragdoll wrote the joint constraints in gmod, and source filmmaker has slightly different controls than blender, but once you get the hang of it, you can create impressive scenes fairly easily

of course, what 3d model programs have over those two games is more accessibility and more freedom, but they take more time to set up, especially posing the characters and their faces

(btw source filmmaker is free ;) )

I downloaded source filmaker

I haven't done anything with it though, I might learn how to use it some day.

but what I did do was learn how to make really terrible jpeg images

ThYWp3m.png

This has so much potential

vverQIp.png

5dyskAl.png

cYwiGT8.png

daily reminder that my pc is not designed with power in mind

A7r6F3g.png

rOeTuDN.png

just some things I've been working on. top one took a while to render because of reflections, transparency etc, bottom one was hand drawn on paper, and then scanned in and coloured.

EDIT: colour corrections
L45GG4Z.png

yeah your pc needs to be fairly powerful to run it. but then again, you're using a 3d modeling program, which already requires a lot of power to run in the first place.

making a video about a minute long

here's one of many frames

Gral68y.png

for my next trick...
SAEVPqT.gif

A little something I made with collision physics.

The video's at about 40 seconds, but I'll probably re-render it once I think it's all finished.

Back