The Pyr-art Guy

Re: The Pyro Guy's Renders (and hero mode art) (taking requests!)

The Pyro Guy said:
This includes NIWA, this forum, even my attempts at modeling OCs like Porplemontage or Walkazo. Feedback pls.
Well, that doesn't sound very easy. You sure you got a good grasp of some character (like Walkazo's) proportions? It would be great if she could supply you a model sheet to ease in modeling (especially if you want to do this from scratch). You also need to UV map, create textures from the UV map, and rig as well for a complete model and animation.

Besides, modeling organic characters is a pain. You're better off starting with blockier and more mechanical stuff like robots.

yeah tbh walkazo is gonna be hard from scratch, but I might look at Koopaling models- I believe Ludwig is quite a close match, so I might build upon him. iirc, Porple is like a simple round shape with eyes, so he won't take long.

Of course, a lot of users are recolours of already existing models, eg LGM or Roy Koopa.

CC4CCVc.png

PmQMXZy.png

^^^The new me.
Yeah 3D modelling is tough so hero mode with 3D props it is.

Does this look okay? I'm gonna publish it to UP if I make enough.

Re: The Pyro Guy's 3D art thread (with some 2D thrown in)

KppLNjD.png

This one was really hard. The 8 Bowsers will take a while, as positioning them is key, but it takes so long. Also, I'm making a thread on the comic thing. Whoop whoop.

E: nvm I dont need to

E x 2: Actually yes I have

What happened to Popo's hair?

agghhh

i swear it was rigged but apparently not

whoopidy do.

I've been busy with school so I've been unable to complete that bowser thing. Hopefully I can get it finished today or tomorrow.

'k then

k9WDrEY.png

Special thanks to Nibroc.Rock from models resource for creating these models in the first place, although I had to apply the textures myself.

Augh, the Bowser one is being a pain right now, every model has lost all colour and it crashes a lot. I may not be able to get all 8 done.

I wouldn't mind if you had two images with three or four Bowsers each, but if you really want to do them all in one image that's fine with me.

If you say your computer (which you admitted needed to be upgraded) lags when you try to put all seven in the one image, I'd rather you did more than one picture then had your computer lag.

Cool art!
I really wish I could model as good as you.

ych14oA.png

Thanks! Blender is simple and easy once you get the hang of it, but I read a lot of tutorials before this thread was created. More Bowsers on the way.

Hey, Heres a good idea.
Make yourself holding a flamethrower, I mean, your name is The Pyro Guy.
Here is a vague example
CT_Shy_Guy.png

Do you want it recoloured to match your colours (purple)?

ia7uthw.png

Shy Guy skeletons are almost asking to clip through.

What if Doctor Mario met Medic?

Can you do that?

Also all of these are good!

F1Y67L2.png

Dr. Mario probably lost a game of Smash Bros.

The Pyro Guy said:
F1Y67L2.png

Dr. Mario probably lost a game of Smash Bros.
The normals on the eyes, yeah, I can't ignore that. Use smoothing, vertex welding, something that can change the lighting properties so the eyes blend well with the face.

i don't see how vertex weld or smooth will solve that problem that is clearly normals related. vertex weld and smooth is more for polygonal and faceted models.

you need to average your normals to a certain threshold.

Oh, I see another problem with Dr. Mario's left eye... is his left eyeball overlapping with his hurt eye?

Why again are Doc Mario's eyes closed?

Also, if doing the Bowsers is taking too much time, don't bother doing them. I have another request for UP which I'll spoiler tag now.

That Yoshi form I was in for most of Chapter 4 of my fanfic? I need my artwork of it.

Basically, it's a yellow Yoshi with cyan sale3, boots, and those things on the back of his head that I can't think of the name at this time of night. Everything else (except for the chest, w which like most Yoshis is white) is yellow.

Now if you really have some spare time, throw in a ball of electricity above his hand. Remember my awful diagrams when you do this though.

On it.

The reason Dr Mario's eyes are closes is because that's the only expression that came with the model. There was also some seperatre models of an eye that were textureless and/or really buggy. I might redo that if I get the chance.

Back