Super Mario Maker DLC

Joseph

Wazzup? I'm Joseph from the Mario Wiki.
Okay, so not too long ago, Nintendo announced an update with checkpoints. Well, aren't there other things you might have wanted in this game? If so, why not leave it down in the comments? I would love to hear your opinions!

Slopes.

/thread

amiibo costumes
Toadette
Baby Luigi

and some unused ones that should have made the cut

Baby Mario
Windows Logo

It would be ideal if the new options are all free. In which case, perhaps Slopes could be an option, but it has to be a separate tile rather than being shared. Reason being that, it would conflict with the way putting blocks work. It should work similarly to the platform blocks.

Also, certain new terrain types would be nice, namely the new ones found in New Super Mario Bros. U (Beach, Jungle and Mountain ala Rock Candy Mines, for example).

Thanks for reading.

What I would have liked is for them to have not (once again) shown such blatant disregard for Super Mario Bros. 2.

a second main tileset for each theme.
For example, SMB3 Basic: Wooden and Grass, SMW Cave: Rock tileset and different colored rock tileset.

And of course slopes, and more enemies.

The Koopalings. Shake Bowser to cycle through Bowser Jr. and all of them; they already have a specific look in the Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros. U styles, so they'd only need to be retrofitted for the original Super Mario Bros. style.

yeah but theyd have to be adjusted to bowser's behaviour (at least in the smw style, they act pretty similar in nsmbu and i forgot about smb3) because they act drastically different as unique bosses than what bowser does in smm.

its possible but i dont think it would be that easy to implement.

Music sliders? Please? If you're serious about course-making, making these courses will take hours, and chances are, the music is gonna get on your nerves.

Duuuuuh why don't you mute teh TV! Derrrrp

Too lazy to figure out that function.

What I'm trying to say is that people who resort to the "mute your TV" argument always realize that it mutes out everything, including sound effects. I like the Super Mario Maker sound effects, I don't want to mute those out.

- a better way to view player death flags other than playing through the level yourself
- ice and desert styles, along with accompanying powerups/enemies, if i had to think of a way they could implement this then:
- Ice = Ice Flower (shake Fire Flower), Ice Bros. (drop Ice Flower on Hammer Bro), Ice Pirahna Plants (drop Ice Flower on Pirahna Plant), Ice Clown Copter (b/c why not), the ability to encase anything inside a block of Ice by dropping an Ice Flower on it b/c I can't think of any other good enemies lol
- Desert = Pokeys (shake Vines?) Fire Bros. (Drop Fire Flower onto Hammer Bro), Fire Snakes (shake Fire Bubbles), Fire Chomps (drop Fire Flower onto Chain Chomp), Mini Mushroom (shake Mushroom twice in SMB style and once in other styles. iirc it first appears here in NSMBU so lol)
- the ability to search courses by name, no arbitrary tagging system
- nighttime settings for all themes pls
- slopes (just make it active when you shake one of the regular block styles I guess)
- the ability to create a world map/upload it would be awesome but would never happen

More options for songs played in levels. The Athletic theme from Mario 3 and the overworld theme from Mario 2 come to mind.

Back