What the merge of Nintendo EAD + SPD means for Mario

KingMario128

Hi Guys!
So, now everyone knows about the re-structuring Nintendo had after Tatsumi Kimishima took over Nintendo, the wiki said everything:

Nintendo EAD is resposible for Mario, The Legend of Zelda, F-ZeroRIP, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, Pikmin series and now SquidGame Splatoon

meanwhile

Nintendo SPD make AllMightyAshleyWario Ware games, Mario vs DK, Dr Mario and the party games also assist the development of coproductions with western developers like "Luigi´s Mansion Dark Moon"

So now they merge in Nintendo Entertainment Planning and Development - Nintendo EPD (or Nintendo EPaD if you count the "and" )

Now, with this, how will impact the future Mario games?

Can we have finally Pauline in a Mario Party game? the Mario vs DK will return to a more traditional platform genre like DK 94/MvsDk GBA? we will see Ashley Wario Ware characters in spinoffs like Mario Kart ? (super mario maker was a great step in the right direction) what do you think?

Maker Mario said:
Link in Mario Party? F.L.U.D.D. in Splatoon? A Waluigi game by the EAD?

I wish, but i want more a "mario & luigi game" with Wario & Waluigi like "Wario & Waluigi: Wantastic Waga" or something like that (with the Wario Ware characters as NPCs)

Maker Mario said:
Link in Mario Party? F.L.U.D.D. in Splatoon? A Waluigi game by the EAD?

Not sure about how Link in Mario Party would work since NDCube is the one who does Party games.

However, I am down for a Waluigi game made by EAD, since I am curious on how they make a game. It would surely make some people angry because they might hate Waluigi, though.

Thanks for reading.

I was going to say it potentially means Good Things for the prospect of the Warioware characters appearing in Mario spinoff titles, but looks like the OP beat me to it!

Nintendo SPD make [...] Mario vs DK,

The Mario vs Donkey games were developed by Nintendo Software Technology with supervision from Nintendo SPD3. They announced they would also create a division to oversee the "character usage" business (which is basically what the Nintendo SPD # teams did beside Nintendo SPD1) so I don't think this is gonna change here.

The big factor here is Nintendo SPD1. Before Nintendo SPD was created, Nintendo R&D1 was the biggest internal team after EAD and developed action-adventure games (Metroid, Kid Icarus, Wario Land) in addition to quirky non-traditional games, but when they were reorganized as Nintendo SPD1, they lost a lot of manpower and some of their veteran designers and shifted exclusively toward the later type of game.

This could mean a lot for franchises like Metroid and Wario Land-or nothing at all, there's too much unknown to speculate further.

Well I hope the prospect is good for those games in the future.

Glowsquid said:
The Mario vs Donkey games were developed by Nintendo Software Technology with supervision from Nintendo SPD3. They announced they would also create a division to oversee the "character usage" business (which is basically what the Nintendo SPD # teams did beside Nintendo SPD1) so I don't think this is gonna change here.

Oooow....i wanted and still WANT to see Pauline outside the M vs DK and i mean, we saw the Toy Toads in Mario Kart 8, that a step in the right direction isn´t it?....maybe they can make Pauline a Rival for Peach, teasing her with Mario just for Fun and annoy her a little xP (of course only show in artwork not in game stories)

I don't know what to say about this. It might be the same like always or end up to have a more interesting blend of things. Hoping for the latter, though!

Back