What's something that terrifies you?

Lyn said:
Swimming or anything that involves getting into water.

Also flowers for the longest time, it takes very little to trigger me in that sense, don't even post anything like that near me.

Also ships. And planes. And strangers. & Knuckles.
speaking to people face-to-face

not really planes

drowning definitely because sometimes my mind jumps back to almost legit drowning even without provocation and it's really frightening

Lyn said:
Lyn said:
Swimming or anything that involves getting into water.

Also flowers for the longest time, it takes very little to trigger me in that sense, don't even post anything like that near me.

Also ships. And planes. And strangers. & Knuckles.
speaking to people face-to-face

not really planes

drowning definitely because sometimes my mind jumps back to almost legit drowning even without provocation and it's really frightening
Planes kinda scare me, i've ridden on 8 planes in my life and i have a fear it'll crash, although the odds of a crash is 1 out of 11 Million.

Cancer scares me a lot though, a incurable virus that just...kills you unless your lucky. I knew a girl back in 4th grade who passed away due to a 8-month battecwith cancer and i got scared of it ever since.

Diseases never scare me and only the severe ones scare me, but H5N1 (Bird Flu/Avian Flu), scares me a lot.

...and the flu since it's constantly mutating.

Paper Iggy Koopa said:
Cancer scares me a lot though, a incurable virus that just...kills you unless your lucky. I knew a girl back in 4th grade who passed away due to a 8-month battecwith cancer and i got scared of it ever since.

It's not a virus. It's basically a malignant tumor. Viruses are something else entirely.

To explain more, cancer is a glitch in your system that has a certain clump of cells to multiplying quicker than its surrounding cells.

It's not a fear of heights, it's a fear of falling.
Roller coasters? I go for it. Planes? They're awesome. Tall buildings? Just don't be annoying on the long elevator ride. Rock climbing? Put that harness on me and I'll be up like a chipmunk. I trust the engineering of all these things to keep me up there.

But put me close to the edge of the Grand Canyon, and I'll nope the heck out of dodge. I'm afraid I'm just one sudden wind gust away from free-fall.
Rope climbing is something I'm torn on. I find the engineering of the rope and what it's attached to completely trustworthy, and I'm mostly confident in my grip-strength. Mostly being the key word here.

And of course, it's not the fall that kills you.

tales of symphonia dawn of the new world getting positive reception

joking aside

heights, bears, darkness, mental or physical pain of the people i care about it.

Here, here, here we go!

Wasps... most bugs bigger than a bee in general harmless or not.
Heights, falling.
Death, obvious choice.
Surgery.
Toddlers, especially the cranky ones.
My ex-crush

The guy who I tripped by accident. He was mean to me before that incident but he might become Oroku Saki if he took that accident personal. I better get some mutagen and 4 turtles just to be safe.

I think there's one thing that I'm totally terrified of: fucking cuckroaches. I found one in my desk, I legit screamed and I couldn't enter my room. I was super glad my dad killed that fucker. I could kill those things myself, but god I hate them so much.

Baby Luigi said:
I think there's one thing that I'm totally terrified of: *bleep*ing cuckroaches. I found one in my desk, I legit screamed and I couldn't enter my room. I was super glad my dad killed that *bleep*er. I could kill those things myself, but god I hate them so much.
You better not look what invaded in my house.

yoshiking14x said:
Baby Luigi said:
I think there's one thing that I'm totally terrified of: *bleep*ing cuckroaches. I found one in my desk, I legit screamed and I couldn't enter my room. I was super glad my dad killed that *bleep*er. I could kill those things myself, but god I hate them so much.
You better not look what invaded in my house.

Lemme guess, you had a family of Satan's personal pets from hell infesting and being generally disgusting in your property?

i hated cameras, but that's mostly because i hated my self image

Santa said:
Baby Luigi said:
i hated cameras, but that's mostly because i hated my self image
But... isn't seeing your twin kinda the same thing?

No. It doesn't quite work like that.

Despite that I look similar to my twin, I don't look exactly like her. I don't really see myself unless I look in a mirror. When I see my twin, I see my twin. I don't see myself.

I hate cameras, mainly when I'm in the picture, but I wouldn't call it a fear of mine.

face masks for swimming

i almost suffocated when one filled with water and i couldn't breathe

i am camera shy too

Tooru Oikawa said:
I have a very weird fear of trash cans/trash bags
I know its *bleep*ing weird and hard to explain

uhhh strange

I don't know if it's a hygiene thing but mold grosses me out abnormally and I also hate the idea of rats scurrying around and I associate both those things with trash cans so that is how I get the problem. Like I really hate and put off taking out any trash which isn't paper and plastic for recyling.
But it's fucking weird and I am fucking weird

I hate seeing dead bugs in my house/room/proximity. I don't know, just the idea that there's a corpse nearby bugs me (pun not intended). I prefer living bugs to dead ones, because corpses are just creepy. I can't even bring myself to get close enough to scoop them up and put them in the trash. Blech...

Actually, corpses are the opposite: they tell me that those bugs are dead, so therefore, they can't do anything except be disgusting decoration.

Back