What's something that terrifies you?

For me, needles are super scary before the shot, but when I actually get the shot it doesn't really hurt at all.

Baby Luigi said:
Walkazo said:
If you're not aiming to reproduce, all the menstrual cycle is is a nasty, messy waste of iron and pain pills.
And nasty mood swings
Eh, the mood swings I can actually live with (and the pain, really): it is actually okay to have the hormones doing their thang - it's just the endometrium's role that's redundant (and what I can't stand).

Walkazo said:
Actually, they're only necessary if you're trying to get pregnant at the time - and even then, it only means that you failed that month and will have to try again next ovulation. If you're not aiming to reproduce, all the menstrual cycle is is a nasty, messy waste of iron and pain pills.
Being MTF transgender, I would KILL to start having periods. Which you may think that's weird, but it's like one of if not the most female-oriented things ever, and I would love to have that. Too bad I never will.

Nah, I understand where you're coming from, even tho I'm the opposite way and would kill to NOT have periods - but no doctor would ever let me get the necessary procedure done at such a young age, which is really frustrating.

Guess the only true reason why I'm able to deal with my period blood is because I've been having them for 2 years?? I think that's right?? And they're still irregular so whatever, I guess.

I almost fainted the first time I got mine. p a a a a i n.

Blue the Raptor said:
Being MTF transgender, I would KILL to start having periods. Which you may think that's weird, but it's like one of if not the most female-oriented things ever, and I would love to have that. Too bad I never will.
If the technology comes around to do this, I'll glady give you mine. Like seriously, the first thing you have to do when it comes around is find me.

Walkazo said:
Nah, I understand where you're coming from, even tho I'm the opposite way and would kill to NOT have periods - but no doctor would ever let me get the necessary procedure done at such a young age, which is really frustrating.
Trade with me
Stargazing said:
Blue the Raptor said:
If the technology comes around to do this, I'll glady give you mine. Like seriously, the first thing you have to do when it comes around is find me.
Welllll, I read recently that a post-surgery transgender woman got a womb transplant. I think it costed her a couple dozen thousand dollars.

ohhh that's a lot of money

come find me in 2-4 years i'll probably have a job and i'll help you pay for it

In a few years, the price might even go down, and the technology would have gotten even better, too. But to have periods, you'd probably need ovaries too, and those aren't transferable yet afaik, but in the future, who knows?

I'm mainly hoping for an endometrial ablation rather than a hysterectomy, since it's less invasive, but I wouldn't be opposed to having the organ removed entirely, especially if it could be transferred to a transwoman who actually wants it.

Stargazing said:
Guess the only true reason why I'm able to deal with my period blood is because I've been having them for 2 years?? I think that's right?? And they're still irregular so whatever, I guess.

I almost fainted the first time I got mine. p a a a a i n.
I've had mine for twelve years, but it's gotten heavier in the past year, and it's awful. I always thought I was on the low end of the pain scale - then I gored open my knee (4.5 inch-long gash, 12 stitches), and that was about the same pain level as periods these days (which is less than when I was in high school), but all the doctors were saying how "brave" and "tough" I was being about it, so I guess I've been in the near-debilitating pain camp all along and just didn't know it due to having really high pain tolerance...

Blue the Raptor said:
Walkazo said:
Actually, they're only necessary if you're trying to get pregnant at the time - and even then, it only means that you failed that month and will have to try again next ovulation. If you're not aiming to reproduce, all the menstrual cycle is is a nasty, messy waste of iron and pain pills.
Biological-wise, my body thinks I need to reproduce, but my brain thinks otherwise.

I understand where you're coming from. It's kind of like a comforting indicator that you're in the body of a woman right? I really don't want my ovaries and all because I identify myself as an aromantic asexual which means I don't want to get involved if you know what I mean.

Walkazo said:
Baby Luigi said:
Walkazo said:
If you're not aiming to reproduce, all the menstrual cycle is is a nasty, messy waste of iron and pain pills.
And nasty mood swings
Eh, the mood swings I can actually live with (and the pain, really): it is actually okay to have the hormones doing their thang - it's just the endometrium's role that's redundant (and what I can't stand).
For me, I feel like the mood swings coincide with the times my dad is super stressed as well (and therefore super nasty). I end up seeing blood once it's all over. I don't like the mood swings either, and I'd rather have my moods to be more stable. In personality tests, I tend to end up more on the neuroticism side of things in the first place.

On a related note, I think I had a pap test related dream and that turned out... unpleasant.

Another thing that terrifies me is a root canal. It's also the reason I want to brush my teeth at least once per day.

You know, several dreams after that cockroach incident on my desk, I had a nightmare where I was as big as them and ran away in a tight corridor from them, screaming too.

I'm pretty sure I have a mild phobia on cockroaches.

Anyway, DragonFreak, like the other females tell you, we absolutely hate getting periods, but I understand, like what others say, why you want them. I absolutely hate it when blood leaks into my bed or my clothes, it's a pain in the ass to clean up the stains.

Baby Luigi said:
You know, several dreams after that cockroach incident on my desk, I had a nightmare where I was as big as them and ran away in a tight corridor from them, screaming too.

I'm pretty sure I have a mild phobia on cockroaches.

Anyway, DragonFreak, like the other females tell you, we absolutely hate getting periods, but I understand, like what others say, why you want them. I absolutely hate it when blood leaks into my bed or my clothes, it's a pain in the ass to clean up the stains.
When I was younger, I had a bit of a centipede phobia. They still give me the willies, in fact. They're just so fast. Millipedes are okay, tho.

One of my biggest fears is staining chairs in public or someone's car seats, and I never wear light pants anymore since my periods started getting heavier, just in case. (Plus, I prefer dark colours in general anyway.)

Dr. Mario said:
On a related note, I think I had a pap test related dream and that turned out... unpleasant.

Another thing that terrifies me is a root canal. It's also the reason I want to brush my teeth at least once per day.
My dreams always end before anything can happen, so it's just the terror of anticipation, and sometimes full-out chase scenes around the hospital.

Yeah, I really don't wanna get any sort of cavities either, so I brush and floss at least once a day too - twice when I'm doing field work, since cereal always gets stuck in my teeth, and then the minty toothpaste helps kill my appetite for longer than it'd stay away without it.

I absolutely hate it when blood [drips] into my bed or my clothes

i know how you feel because...

nosebleeds.

Happy NB season New Englanders!

Back