Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Mario Party 7

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

PowerKamek

Rest In Peace, Walkazo
MarioWiki
PowerKamek
I'm thinking of buying one of these but I don't know whick one is more fun.
The Title is supposed to be Favorite Mario Party.

Between 6 & 7 definitely 6. But of those you have in the poll I'd recommend 5 or 6.

MP3 has the best item system in the series and thus perhaps very interesting board gameplay but the Minigames are left to be desired. MP4 has fun minigames but all the boards are pretty bland in design and the Mega and Mini mushroom being like the most common items gets boring. And Mario Party 7 is just when the series started going downhill for me. Both MP5 & MP6 IMO have at least decent experiences in both Minigames and Board Gameplay.

Choose MP5 if you like the more traditional Mario Party style of collecting stars being on all boards and/or you don't mind that the Capsule system can be quite random and you can land on your own traps.

Choose MP6 if you don't mind some changes to the traditional formula in most of the maps and you'd rather have a capsule system that is less likely to backfire on you.

Get 6

Get Monopoly and replace the tokens with tiny Mario figurines.

You'll get as much enjoyment. :P

In my experience Mario Party 6 felt like the best party package. Unlike 7, the orbs felt substantial in its usage, although a point goes into 7's favour for character-specific orbs and certain orbs. It's true that Mario Party 7 has its own forms of uniqueness like 8-player gameplay, but it's only worthwhile if there are 5+ people.

On an unrelated note: I thought it was interesting that Windmillville did the "property-buying" feature of the board first. I thought that board feature was original to Mario Party 8's Koopa's Tycoon Town.

Thanks for reading.

For me, I always played 7 a little bit more frequently than 6 because It was the first party game I got for the GCN so this could be a little unbiased.

7 has a very fun mode which 6 doesn't have (8-player mode), if you have like a party at home, this could be interesting. The Day and Night system in 6 is very good, however the courses are not that varied from each other. 7 has a pretty solid and diverse selection of courses and ideas. The minigames are great in both games, I slightly prefer 6 though, because they are more varied and because the day and night system.

They are both great games, I can't decide.

It,s been a long-ass time since I've played any MP, but I remember thinking 6 was the best at the time. I thought 7 had weaker minigames and the gimmick-based boards hurt the flow.

True to some extent because sometimes I just want to play a regular board and I'm tired of the first board in 7, so I play 6. But after five sessions or something in the other games, I just want to have an interesting gimmick to change things a bit.

Glowsquid said:
It,s been a long-ass time since I've played any MP, but I remember thinking 6 was the best at the time. I thought 7 had weaker minigames and the gimmick-based boards hurt the flow.
7 lacked luck-based minigames (Pipe Dreams, A Bridge Too Short, and Deck Hands are the only luck-based ones, and those occur in only special circumstances. The closest normally-occurring one is Bumper Crop, a 2 v. 2 minigame), so I think that in itself is a slight edge when it comes to minigames.

Although I like Bowser Time, I don't think it's a good design choice since it's a case to screw up already-struggling players.

Mario Party 3 is my favourite, it has the best boards and mini-games by a long shot. Mario Party 6 is also really good, Mario Party 5 and 7 are good but I'm not as fond of them. We don't talk about Mario Party 4. Nobody votes for MP4 and nobody mentions it, as it should be.

Thank you guys! I have chosen to buy Mario Party 3 (becausr the poll), and 6 (because there were a lot of posts saying it is good). That's all I needed to know! You can still vote or post if you like.

Mario Party 3 isn't THAT good in my opinion. Nobody seems to remember its crap minigames, and it has a lot of those.

I would say 7, but that's just because I own it. But I have played 6 and I love it as well. I have never played 1-4 so I can't tell you how they are.

Just get both, although 7 has those gimmicky Mic minigames, if you don't have a mic, it is alright, you can change the settings in the game. I think 6 might have mic minigames as well.

6 does have mic minigames. Speak Up is funnn

Between Mario Party 6 and 7, I'd say the former is the better choice. The day and night mechanic is very interesting and they really put the GameCube Mic to good use (Speak Up and Star Sprint are very fun to play)! The mini-games are pretty fun too! Mario Party 7 didn't do much with the Mic, focusing instead on the makeshift, 8-player gameplay (it's just me and my two brothers most of the time, but even then we still pick 8-Player Mode anyway and we just control two characters each; it makes the 8-Player mini-games unnecessarily more challenging). It's still a decent game, but 6 just has a lot more content to offer. Of all the Mario Party games, each of them has an interesting aspect to them or certain quality that makes them unique:

Mario Party 3 - Duel Mode was a nice addition; having a partner specific to each character was cool, and as the first game to feature a Story Mode, it made things pretty interesting!

Mario Party 4 - The mini-games are really great in this one, I enjoy pretty much all of them (not to mention this game has arguably the best music in the series; at least in my opinion)! The board maps weren't exactly stellar, I'll agree with that, but I still like them; but that's probably my nostalgia talking there.

Mario Party 5 - Another solid set of mini-games and the board maps are better designed than the previous game. Music isn't as great as 4's, with the exception of the Card Party Theme (speaking of which, that was an interesting game mode). But the game gives you much more to do and Super Duel Mode is awesome (if a little frustrating sometimes in terms of controlling the vehicles).

I already mentioned 6 and 7, so that's all for my thoughts here!

So, I guess you enjoyed all the GCN ones.

Oh, and if you have trouble with Super Duel Mode, just use E. Gadd body, E. Gadd Jet, E. Gadd engine, and Mr. I Laser and it'll win you most of the matches. DK is the most challenging one, but take advantage of your mobility and getting stunned by weaker stage hazards to knock him down.

Mario Party Δ said:
So, I guess you enjoyed all the GCN ones.

Oh, and if you have trouble with Super Duel Mode, just use E. Gadd body, E. Gadd Jet, E. Gadd engine, and Mr. I Laser and it'll win you most of the matches. DK is the most challenging one, but take advantage of your mobility and getting stunned by weaker stage hazards to knock him down.

True, but the E.Gadd parts take the longest to unlock; it's all worth it though when you get each part! And yeah, I guess you could say I found something to like in each Mario Party game. The N64 ones were fun as well (but sadly, only Mario Party 2 is on Virtual Console...)!

Back