Iwata Passes Away

WWMMSatoruIwata.png

smiles and tears will never be the same for me again

My condolences to his friends and family. He helped create Kirby and prevented EarthBound from being canceled, so he has my deepest and utmost respects.

I felt so shocked like the rest of us folks. It was unbelievable.

Satoru Iwata was a nice man and but sadly he had to leave us just like Steve Jobs.

Both Iwata and Steve Jobs were pretty young for their time of death.

I think Nintendo may or may not be the same after Iwata's death.

I'm marathoning Balloon Fight right now since he basically created most of that game himself.

This shouldn't have happened! I don't think the next Nintendo Direct will be the same. I can feel tears... :'(
And he made all the Mario games possible for us :(

Only 55? Wow. There were a lot of jokes about the Wii U and "Prease understand" but it's sad to hear that he passed. RIP.

I feel like this is the perfect music for this. I feel like that Mr. Iwata didn't want us to be saddened by his death, but to be hopeful for what's ahead. "Hope" describes this song.

To think I found this out through a signature...

Rip, your work will not be forgotten, and all of the condolences to his family, friends, and co-workers.

Sad news.
Bile duct growth? It may seem off color to say this, but at least he went before it turned into bile duct cancer. Claimed my cousin a few years ago. It's the type of thing that you don't know is there until there is an incurable problem.

Sayonara, Satoru Iwata

TYSM Iwata *bows like a Japanese man*, u listened to yur fans, u got us what we wanted in the future games. Now, it's time 4 u 2 sleep with Rosalina's mother under that tree on the hill.... So long. We will all miss u. *Tosses a white flower.* :'(

TYSM Iwata *bows like a Japanese man*, u listened to yur fans, u got us what we wanted in the future games. Now, it's time 4 u 2 sleep with Rosalina's mother under that tree on the hill.... So long. We will all miss u. *Tosses a white flower.* :'(

very unexpected death, I couldn't believe it.

a great man gone, I hope to see nintendo advance in the right direction even without Iwata, who played such a tremendous huge role in the company

I only saw this when I saw the news feed of the wiki, and I thought it'd just been vandalised, until I checked the official sources :'( :'(

He was a very talented man, and the director of my childhood and today. RIP Iwata.

That's just not right. Why good people have to die early from cancer?
I can feel tears in my eyes. You were a great person, who worked very hard for Nintendo. You will not be forgotten. Rest in piece Mr. Iwata. May you go to heaven and play your great video games forever.

Ghost Jam said:
Sad news.
Bile duct growth? It may seem off color to say this, but at least he went before it turned into bile duct cancer. Claimed my cousin a few years ago. It's the type of thing that you don't know is there until there is an incurable problem.

Further reading makes it seem like it had already moved into cancer.
...this is pretty nasty cancer and I've seen what it can do. It makes it pretty clear that the puppet show we had for E3 was because Iwata just....you wouldn't have wanted to see him.

:'( RIP Iwata. We'll keep playing, don't you worry.

Back