Iwata Passes Away

Re: Sayonara, Satoru Iwata

I'm sorry... removing my post.

I... don't even know how to respond to this. It's just so unexpected. I saw Jim Sterling's video on Satoru Iwata's death earlier this morning, and thought it was a joke. I'm just floored. Figured I would come give my condolences here as well.

Iwata probably did more to revolutionize Nintendo's brand image than anything else in the past decade. Under his leadership, the Wii and DS were two of the most financially successful consoles ever, let alone in Nintendo's history. And although the Wii U was a bit of a misstep recently, no one can claim it's because of any lack of effort. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Nintendo is the way it is thanks to Iwata's leadership, charm, talent, and foresight.

Things are going to be different. RIP, Iwata. Please understand, despite the ups and downs, how much you are loved by gamers everywhere.

Ghost Jam said:
The second guy is Genyo Takeda, Nintendo's head of integrated research (basically the R&D team that comes up with the look of the hardware and system OS), he's also worked on a number of classic Nintendo games, like Punch-Out!!. He and Miyamoto are acting representatives for Nintendo until someone more permanent is found.

Ah, okay then. Didn't know about Takeda before.

Someone over on RacketBoy did some research on the specific type of bile duct cancer in play here and found something interesting:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=992285#p992285

its still the other way around in japan

granted i cant check that forum because it seems offline right now, you could be right.

Amethyst said:
That's really weird. I wonder why is that gone.

nvm it works again

yeah reading through it again the same guy is appearently credited in some other studies as well so i rather think hes a scientist

Ghost Jam said:
Someone over on RacketBoy did some research on the specific type of bile duct cancer in play here and found something interesting:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=992285#p992285
On another note, the images on the post directly below that one are touching.

I'd wait until the complete details of this are released. But yeah, more research needs to be done in bile duct cancer.

Really sad to see him go. Looking at all the tributes really choke me up and tears were flown from my eyes, which is something I don't normally do. I think that it's because I felt really connected to Iwata as a Nintendo fan, and also others felt a strong connection to him. It's even surprising to see that it's not just Nintendo's fans that do it, as the other areas in the gaming industry and outside professions also acknowledged it (including Skype).

It would be interesting if there's a documentary made on him, though not so soon.

Thanks for reading.

I kinda wanna stream a Pokemon Crystal run over the weekend as a tribute

Still so sad after all these days...

Back