• Both games sucked

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
I have seen many people give both NSMB.2 and SMG2 a lot of hate. Which game do you think sucks more and deserves more hate?

neither of them are bad games
nsmb2 is the worse one though
also i like smg2 but i can understand the hate it gets

You may hate Super Mario galaxy 2 because it's similar to Super Mario Galaxy, but it's a great game.
New Super Mario Bros. 2 is not bad, but not great. Definitely not better than Super Mario Galaxy 2.

The problem isn't that they're bad, the problem is that they're incredibly similar to their predecessor(s). They're still good games in their own right, but SMG2 is definitely the better one.

Neither suck. It's just one was better than the other by a mile.

I hate them both.

Besides, lol @ "debate" in the topic title

well i mean both of them are basically the same game as its previous entry in the series with added power-ups and different levels
i'd describe them as more of expansion packs honestly

They're both good. But SMG2 is better. NSMB2 just is the same game with the same sounds from NSMBW. SMG2 has the Cloud power up, Yoshi, most of the same content, and the Chimp.

Both of them are "okay" for Mario game standards, but I hate Super Mario Galaxy 2 more.

"New" Super Mario Bros 2 was rehash of past games introducing nothing new and just had really interesting levels we're seen before. At least Galaxy 2, despite being very similar, still had a lot of new ideas in it.

I don't consider any of them to be bad games though.

e

SMG2 did take a lot from its predecessor, but it added a ton more than NSMB2. I also liked its predecessor more than NSMB2's predecessors. Plus, SMG2 has Yoshi.

SMG2 is much better than NSMB2. If any Mario game should be compared to NSMB2 it's The Lost Levels. SMG2, while unarguably very similar to the first Galaxy, is not as much of a rehash as either of those games.

Y'know, arguably, Super Mario Galaxy 2 did less to stand out than New Super Mario Bros. 2.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 at least attempted to be different by introducing a coin-centric game (that failed for various reasons). If the mechanic built around coins has been more built upon and refined where collecting coins actually served a tangible purpose, and the world themes changed up a little bit, with new music, then it would actually be a far more interesting title than Galaxy 2.

Viper26 said:
They're both good. But SMG2 is better. NSMB2 just is the same game with the same sounds from NSMBW. SMG2 has the Cloud power up, Yoshi, most of the same content, and the Chimp.

I'll just remind you that Galaxy 2 has the same sounds from Galaxy 1 and "most of the same content" is NOT a good point for it. New Super Mario Bros. 2 also has the Gold Flower, Coin Rush, and coin mechanics. You can't just blatantly ignore what New Super Mario Bros. 2 has even though it is deserving of its reputation of a rehash.

NSMB.2 is winning.

Baby Luigi said:
Y'know, arguably, Super Mario Galaxy 2 did less to stand out than New Super Mario Bros. 2.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 at least attempted to be different by introducing a coin-centric game (that failed for various reasons). If the mechanic built around coins has been more built upon and refined where collecting coins actually served a tangible purpose, and the world themes changed up a little bit, with new music, then it would actually be a far more interesting title than Galaxy 2.

I'll just remind you that Galaxy 2 has the same sounds from Galaxy 1 and "most of the same content" is NOT a good point for it. New Super Mario Bros. 2 also has the Gold Flower, Coin Rush, and coin mechanics. You can't just blatantly ignore what New Super Mario Bros. 2 has even though it is deserving of its reputation of a rehash.

I think NSMB.2 is a rehash that's just as bad as Windows Millennium Edition (a frigging computer operating system) or any Assassin's Creed game from Assassin's Creed III onwards. I had to mention Windows Me and the Assassin's Creed series in my weird analogy.

At least Galaxy 2 introduced some new concepts here and there to make it unique and a slightly different experience from Galaxy 1. Galaxy 2 atleast had more variety in level designs to make it unique than Galaxy 1. Galaxy 2 is much better than any Assassin's Creed game from Assassin's Creed III onward or New Super Mario Bros.2. Galaxy 2 isn't all that monotonous when compared to NSMB.2

Pwwnd123 said:
At least Galaxy 2 introduced some new concepts here and there to make it unique and a slightly different experience from Galaxy 1. Galaxy 2 atleast had more variety in level designs to make it unique than Galaxy 1. Galaxy 2 is much better than any Assassin's Creed game from Assassin's Creed III onward or New Super Mario Bros.2. Galaxy 2 isn't all that monotonous when compared to NSMB.2
New Super Mario Bros. 2 also introduced new concepts here and there to make it unique and slightly different experience from New Super Mario Bros. Wii and DS. "Variety in level design" is an extremely vague assertion, so I don't believe you.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 also has an infinitely superior multiplayer.

Mario Party Σ said:
Pwwnd123 said:
New Super Mario Bros. 2 also introduced new concepts here and there to make it unique and slightly different experience from New Super Mario Bros. Wii and DS. "Variety in level design" is an extremely vague assertion, so I don't believe you.

NSMB.2's new concepts aren't really all that new at all. It isn't much different from NSMBWii. NSMB2 is really just NSMBWii downgraded to NSMB2.

NSMB2 suffers from kinda the same criticism the Assassin's Creed games from Assassin's Creed 3 onwards.

I think the "but one of them has new stuff!" argument is a bit silly if you immediately turn around and claim that the other game didn't; SMG2 had a batch of new enemies, the Rock Mushroom and Cloud Flower, and most notably Yoshi (who comes with his own set of power-ups), while NSMB2 had the batch of gold-related stuff, like the enemies, the Flower and Block, and the focus on collecting coins. I guess you could argue that NSMB2 went for a theme that's completely new, but its core gameplay is still similar to its predecessor while also offering new designs based around the gold motif. The same goes for SMG2; it's relatively "safe" in its package, but it definitely has plenty of levels based around the new things it has to offer.

Pwwnd123 said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Pwwnd123 said:

NSMB.2's new concepts aren't really all that new at all. It isn't much different from NSMBWii. NSMB2 is really just NSMBWii downgraded to NSMB2.

NSMB2 suffers from kinda the same criticism the Assassin's Creed games from Assassin's Creed 3 onwards.
Sorry, as lazy ass as New Super Mario Bros. 2 is, the everything-is-gilded concept is entirely new from a strict standpoint.

Which one was worse? Neither.
Which one was better? SMG2 of course. But NSMB2 is still one of my favorite 3DS games and a superbly addictive 2D platformer. It isn't really fair to compare them.

The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Which one was worse? Neither.
Which one was better? SMG2 of course. But NSMB2 is still one of my favorite 3DS games and a superbly addictive 2D platformer. It isn't really fair to compare them.

That would make NSMB2 worse

Back