Now that the Wii U has a Mario Tennis game, will it recieve a Mario Golf game?

Will it recieve a new Mario Golf?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mario Party Σ said:
The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Baby Luigi said:
I turn off the music in those games ;~;

Sakuraba-sama will find you
Every Mario game should have the option to turn off its music.

I will find you

I suppose not everybody likes Motoi Sakuraba's tunes, so it's no point convincing someone who's made up their opinion about it. Still though, I appreciate what he brought to the Mario sports games: a sense of energy and liveliness while playing the sports games, something I like about the battle themes in other games he composed.

Thanks for reading.

It's not that I don't like his tunes, I turn the music off in every game I can.

Baby Luigi said:

How would you feel if Michiru Yamane composed the music? She produces some pretty damn awesome music. She could make a nice soundtrack for a Mario Golf game.

Pwwnd123 said:
Baby Luigi said:

How would you feel if Michiru Yamane composed the music? She produces some pretty dang awesome music. She could make a nice soundtrack for a Mario Golf game.
We'd still turn off the music.

Baby Luigi said:
This.

We turn off the music in Super Smash Bros. 4, although the soundtrack didn't exactly blow me away anyway.

Mario Party Σ said:
Baby Luigi said:
I turn off the music in those games ;~;

Sakuraba-sama will find you
Every Mario game should have the option to turn off its music.

I will find you
Whatever scary thing you're gonna invoke is neutered by the lack of any music. Also, it's baffling why we don't have volume control options in the Mario games anyway. It takes, like, a second to program in.

A programming thing tells the music file not to play

Simple.

The vast majority of PC games understand this. So why is it so hard for console games to have this feature?

Eri Ayase said:
how can you turn off the music in a video game unless its sonic the hedgehog on the gba
If there isn't an option, there's usually a hack. But it's as simple as programming the game to turn it off, like 0/1.

I don't know, but some SNES and NES games have the option to turn off the music and control the BGM, sfx, voice volumes. Why is it so hard to implement it in a lot of Mario games?

i meant more like why do you turn the music off

although id like to have the option to replace certain music tracks in certain games at some point with obvious better design choices (*cough* king dedede's theme in the boxing ring in ssb)

Eri Ayase said:

1. You can play music over it, rather than just muting your TV altogether. I like my sound effects.
2. It's atmospheric in some games. Like say, Mario Golf. It feels more...how you say it...immersing.
3. It's pretty quirky. It also enables you to hear the wonders of good sound design.

Eri Ayase said:

although id like to have the option to replace certain music tracks in certain games at some point with obvious better design choices (*cough* king dedede's theme in the boxing ring in ssb)

1. The emptiness is amusing. It feels like another experience. In Smash, it makes 8-player matches feel even crazier. The music is already drowned out by the sound effects anyway, but I think removing the music makes them more satisfying. The anti-climax in Master Hand/Core battles are hilarious. In fact, the Master Fortress battle feels even more tense without the music.
2. As Baby Luigi said, some games feel more immersive. This does include Mario Golf. For some reason, the post-hole animations feel even more over-the-top.
3. Not a serious reason, but it's more realistic.

The biggest reason we turn the music off is probably just to give ourselves a different experience than how most gamers play their Smash Bros. or Mario Golf or anything like that.

regardless of what you do while playing mario golf, if id play mario golf id play this in the background

Worse, once we change the music, we're going to... TURN IT ON AGAIN.

But, yeah, I agree with Glitchy. And besides, music hacking makes the game much more enjoyable. I doubt I would've enjoyed Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii as much if I didn't hack the music, but Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii is now my favorite 2D Mario platformer.

Do whatever you want. I'd personally play something like Shakira, Will Smith, or Wild Cherry in there...

I have a feeling that the next Mario Golf may be delayed until the NX.

I don't want a golf or a tennis game. I want a baseball game (although I wouldn't mind a Strikers)

I would like it if they did have a new Mario Golf game as well.

Back