Now that the Wii U has a Mario Tennis game, will it recieve a Mario Golf game?

Will it recieve a new Mario Golf?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
The thread title and poll title is pretty self explanitory.

We haven't seen a console Mario Golf game since Toadstool Tour due to Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort taking up the place and due to Camelot being lazy during the Wii era. Sure Power Tennis may have had a New Play Control version but I think it was due to the poor sales on the GameCube and due to Wii Sports Tennis making that happen. Since Camelot had the audacity to make MT:US, will it have the audacity to make a Mario Golf on the Wii U?

Well, we did have a golf a bit too recently in the 3DS for me wanting a golf on console too. Mario Golf has never been my favorite Mario sport, but I wouldn't mind another Mario Golf game. The only redeeming thing about Mario Golf for me are the post-hole animations.

I really want Strikers, Baseball, or Sports Mix 2 on this console before Golf, though.

I really hope we get Golf, since I like that more than Tennis. Hopefully it doesn't take as long to do and it will be available next year.

Thanks for reading.

Lumastar said:
We already got a fantastic Mario Golf game this generation. I'm glad they're giving tennis a second shot.
A giant jump shot to the face this time. :dk:

there was a golf game not released not long ago, seems point to have one so soon imo.

Pointless?

Yeah, it feels like World Tour was released a month ago, and Tennis Open was released, maybe a year ago.

Mario Party Σ said:
Pointless?

Yeah, it feels like World Tour was released a month ago, and Tennis Open was released, maybe a year ago.

well i guess i needed a better word, i just feel like some other spin-offs need to be made before another golf game.

Like a basketball game or something.

I sure hope so!!! It's been WAYYY too long since we've had a Mario Golf outing on consoles. The Mario Golf games are amazing spin-offs and sell well, so Nintendo doesn't really have anything to lose. C'mon Nintendo, listen to your fans!

Meh I was never good at golf. If Baby Luigi is playable then......I'll get better at golf.

Mario Party Σ said:
Pointless?

At least 2 or 3 years since open

Well, I said it feels like it.

True, but nonetheless Open kinda bored me. Haven't played a Mario Golf game so I don't know what to expect on that.

I hope (and this will never happen but a man can dream), that in Mario Sports Mix 2 we get Soccer with all the Strikers elements (tournaments etc.), Baseball (like Sluggers with everything like Toy Field, the minigames etc.), Basketball (like Mario Hoops 3-on-3) and American Football as a sport never seen before. That way we get a Strikers, Sluggers, Mario Hoops, and something never seen before all in one. It would be really cool and I'd buy but there's no way that will happen.

I don't think we can stuff that much content into one game, so yeah, it's good that your own dreams are pretty unrealistic.

It's unrealistic but that doesn't make it any less awesome. I'll live with either of those though

We may find out at next year's E3 about the Wii U Mario Golf or if it is announced via Nintendo Direct.

I am also hoping for a Golf game mainly because personally, I find the music from Golf catchier. Really loved the use of saxophone in Mario Golf World Tour, the upbeat tunes of Toadstool Tour and the calmness of Mario Golf 64.

Thanks for reading.

I turn off the music in those games ;~;

I like the lack of music in Toadstool Tour. It somehow makes the post-goal animations funnier and more over-the-top.

The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Baby Luigi said:

Sakuraba-sama will find you
Every Mario game should have the option to turn off its music.

The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Baby Luigi said:

Sakuraba-sama will find you

That doesn't matter, I'll do something even worse when the Wii U becomes hackable: change the music.

Back