Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Marty Mcfly said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Rawk Hawk or Doopliss but as far as RPG characters that's about it. And if they're not it's no big deal

Why can't the rest of them be like you?

Ah well. What can you do?

On a side note, my favourite piece of artwork.

27-OLDTVAn.jpg

Totally not biased or anything.

Broken images

I think these images are actually better than the previous Mario & Luigi games.

I think the game honestly plays fine so far.

I've seen footage of Sticker Star, and I kinda like how everything, but the battle system looks.

Mcmadness said:
Ah well. What can you do?

On a side note, my favourite piece of artwork.

27-OLDTVAn.jpg

Totally not biased or anything.
It's two for the price of one!

I love how there are two Marios as well in this game. :) Just like in a lot of other spinoffs!

Baby Luigi said:
Broken images

I think these images are actually better than the previous Mario & Luigi games.

Weird, wasn't broken before.

It's the picture of both Bowsers arguing with each other.

Dr. Mario said:
It's two for the price of one!

I love how there are two Marios as well in this game. :) Just like in a lot of other spinoffs!

Indeed. I do so enjoy the idea of seeing 2 of all my favourite Mario characters in the same game.

And they actually remembered that the paper version is capable of speaking this time!

Baby Luigi said:
I think the game honestly plays fine so far.

I've seen footage of Sticker Star, and I kinda like how everything, but the battle system looks.

Sticker star's primary flaws if you ask me are extremely vague clues for puzzles and lacking incentive to fight enemies later.

Oh and that boss weakness nonsense.

I've noticed that with basically every game coming out from Nintendo recently there has been no coverage or information about the game, besides like a trailer or two.

Like, next month the tennis game is coming, and this game is coming out within the next two months, and yet we know next to nothing about this game.

I wonder what's going on for the delay. Maybe the interim president transition?

If I recall they are also in the middle of reorganizing and restructuring the company so that probably doesn't help.

Lapis Lazuli said:
I've noticed that with basically every game coming out from Nintendo recently there has been no coverage or information about the game, besides like a trailer or two.

Like, next month the tennis game is coming, and this game is coming out within the next two months, and yet we know next to nothing about this game.

I wonder what's going on for the delay. Maybe the interim president transition?
It's better than when they were announcing literally everything about the game.

Oh I'm sure we'll know everything soon enough. I can already imagine some of the arguments I'll be having.

I want Dimentio, (Super Paper Mario) and Fawful (Mario and Luigi:Superstar Saga) in it!

Joseph said:
I want Dimentio, (Super Paper Mario) and Fawful (Mario and Luigi:Superstar Saga) in it!

Both are dead.

Re: Baby Luigi

Then how come Bowser dies in all the games? And then he comes back in the next? What do you gotta say about that? Huh? HUH? HUH!?!?!? (I remember you from the Wiki. Hello again!)

That's because Bowser wasn't created for a single role, he's versatile and stuff. Mcmadness can explain better than I can.

Both aforementioned characters have fulfilled their roles. It's time for them to rest in peace now.

Re: Baby Luigi

Joseph said:
Then how come Bowser dies in all the games? And then he comes back in the next? What do you gotta say about that? Huh? HUH? HUH!?!?!? (I remember you from the Wiki. Hello again!)

Bowser almost never really dies, and if it seems like he has they usually show him alive and well by the end of it.

He's also used more due to being an extremely versatile antagonist. Much like how Mario is suitable for a variety of game types, Bowser is versatile enough to be reused many times in many different ways.

The rest aren't. They fit into very specific archtypes with little room for anything else.

Bowser is actually immortal anyways. And the only game (I can think of) that is a confirmed death was in NSMB, but then got resurrected as Dry Bowser and then went back to his normal self so it's like he never died at all.

Bowser might as well just be an actor for the games. It's not confirmed, but it would be one of the many explanations that make sense for the lack of canon in the Mario series. Also, Bowser has virtue of being an extremely popular and recognizable character. It wouldn't be wise to kill him off for good especially in a franchise focuses on its recurring characters.

They'd never kill him off now. He's a pretty large part of the franchise's identity.

Not the most important obviously, but it's no surprise to me that he often gets the same promotional treatment the other characters do, even when he has very little screen time.

Magikrazy said:
they should kill off bowser and replace him with ten dimentios and forty fawfuls

Thank you.

But yeah, Fawful and Dimentio are pretty much dead. They could easily come back but you know, the no RPG OCs rule. Well, granted, there is an RPG OC in Jam!

Starlow.

Although, if I could bring back RPG characters I'd chose the X-Nauts because they're my favorite villains and I think they deserve to be in more games. Although being only in TTYD is also fine because it's such an amazing game. (Also the cameo in SPM was acceptable.)

And about Bowser I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't care that he never dies. Firstly, I don't think he's ever 'died' before. This is Mario, games that's made for kids the minimum age of 6. Death references are only sometimes hinted at cautiously in E games. Bowser is also a very iconic character of the franchise, and taking him out is as bad as taking out Luigi. (Worse for me, actually.)

Here's an RPG character I want in the game

Untitled_zpsunyjgcx9.png

I wish this would come out so people will stop talking about it.

Oh who am I kidding? They'll talk about it no matter what, and I'll be there as this series is my curse.

Mcmadness said:
I wish this would come out so people will stop talking about it.

Oh who am I kidding? They'll talk about it no matter what, and I'll be there as this series is my curse.
Ha! Like people stopped talking about Sticker Star after that thing was released!

Back