Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Baby Luigi said:
I've always hated the M&L boxarts ever since Bowser's Inside Story

Well Dream Team is a little bit better, but minimalism is not an excuse for bad design. Minimalism would be Mario Kart Wii or Mario Kart DS. This is minimalism but with bad focus.

I love Superstar Saga and Partners In Time's boxes, it's a shame they got so boring

Well the localizes thought the Japanese box-arts looked pathetic so that's why we got such amazing box-arts.

I wouldn't be surprised if casual people didn't buy the game because of a very boring, not eye-catching box-art.

^ Agreed, but I don't judge a game by it's cover. Bowser's Inside Story had even simpler box art and that didn't stop me from buying it.

I prefer the box arts of the first two Mario and Luigi games, but I don't mind simple. This kind of box art is like M&L's signature now. It is fitting for a simple-looking game, however.

Well as I said, even minimalism has a semblance of design into them. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story boxart looks really sloppy

Sometimes I wish AlphaDream just kept making Tomato Adventure sequels instead.

I was wondering what the hell that game was until I looked it up on Wikipedia.

Also...Superstar Saga has some elements from that game series, including hidden cameos in the form of data-mined music. Really interesting.

Look it up on youtube. It's so similar to the M&L series it's ridiculous. Hell, a good chunk of the early M&L OCs are basically redesigned Tomato Adventure characters.

Oh god you're totally right. I've seen the first few scenes and they have like, the same exact blue text-box with a very similar "talking" sound effect.

This video like, totally nails it in

That's nothing. Just look at the character they fight at the end of this video.

His face looks familiar doesn't it?

ololololol someone should tell fawfulthegreat64 about this

Baby Luigi said:
ololololol someone should tell fawfulthegreat64 about this

Oh and at one point a ufo appears commanded by purple space aliens.

They don't look exactly like shroobs obviously but you begin to notice a pattern of recycled ideas here.

We should totally update the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga article from this game. There's clearly inspiration and allusions from Tomato Adventures to be added into this article.

And people called me crazy when I said M&L OCs often looked out of place compared to the rest.

http://mariopartylegacy.com/2015/10/new-scans-for-mario-luigi-paper-jam-reveal-new-details/

Ohai Toadette.

edit: and ohai Bowser jrs

http://i.imgur.com/UsYSlYv.jpg

YAYAAYA OMG TOADETTE!!! :D :D

I love she gets yet another role outside of being yet another character in a character roster. I wonder what she'll do in this game.

She's holding the Papercraft Mario so maybe she helps with that?

Also both Kamek and Paper Kamek are in the one image.

This pleases me.

And not a single MaRPG character. I hope Starlow is the last of their kind.

Let's see...

Grass World, Desert World, Ice World, Island World, Peach's Castle, Bowser's Castle...

4ynLvkHaRLR0Iua54Fs1.gif

Hopefully there's some 'flair' to the worlds to make them more interesting. :-\

Dr. Mario said:
And not a single MaRPG character. I hope Starlow is the last of their kind.

Careful, thats blasphemous in some places.

Mind you I completely agree with the only exception being it's a character that doesn't have a pre-existing character that could possibly take the same role.

Well, Toad does something similar to Starlow's role in Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix....

this game looks like dream team only in more generic so far.

I think the twist is only supposed to be that they have paper versions of everything, but idk for people who have played paper mario before thats completely normal, so...

Xandalf said:
Let's see...

Grass World, Desert World, Ice World, Island World, Peach's Castle, Bowser's Castle...

4ynLvkHaRLR0Iua54Fs1.gif

Hopefully there's some 'flair' to the worlds to make them more interesting. :-\
Yeah, the world designs are just so... bleh. Can we have Space World, Oriental World, Haunted World, etc.?

Back