Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Dr. Mario said:
Can we have Space World?

yes, and have some sort of reference to this music please:

out of all the mario songs that are being reused, this one is terrbily underused.

Dr. Mario said:
Yeah, the world designs are just so... bleh. Can we have Space World, Oriental World, Haunted World, etc.?

If I had a million bucks for everytime I saw those in a game...

Emmett Brown said:
Dr. Mario said:
Can we have Space World?

yes, and have some sort of reference to this music please:

out of all the mario songs that are being reused, this one is terrbily underused.
lol, I thought you were being sarcastic and linked to Gusty Garden, but it's a pleasant surprise.

Mcmadness said:
Dr. Mario said:
Yeah, the world designs are just so... bleh. Can we have Space World, Oriental World, Haunted World, etc.?

Sure they're generic but they're more interesting and expandable than a plain ol' grass world. Personally I want to see more Ruins Worlds.

Maybe they'll have mechanic where Mario and Luigi enter the book along with Paper Mario and head to the Paper Marioverse where they need to manipulate something in order to cause something to happen in the main Marioverse?

Y'know, similar to how Bowser's body and the dream world worked in the previous two Mario and Luigi games? *shrugs*

Dr. Mario said:
lol, I thought you were being sarcastic and linked to Gusty Garden, but it's a pleasant surprise.

oh please just because im usually using sarcasm doesnt mean im doing it all the time.

gusty garden was great, sure, but its not even close to being the best track in smg1 tbh.

Xandalf said:
Sure they're generic but they're more interesting and expandable than a plain ol' grass world. Personally I want to see more Ruins Worlds.

I've played so many video games that if I were to complain everytime I saw a grass plain I'd have ulcers by now.

What matters to me is what they do with it, not what it is.

Mcmadness said:
Xandalf said:

I've played so many video games that if I were to complain everytime I saw a grass plain I'd have ulcers by now.

What matters to me is what they do with it, not what it is.
So what's your idea with grass plains? Or, good examples?

It's a grass plain. It's the early level where the game helps ease you into it. Thats why it's there.

Plus there is a lot of grass in the world so it's a common go to thing, especially in fantasy games.

But if I were to make a suggestion I'd say put more mushrooms in it since this IS the mushroom kingdom afterall.

Mcmadness said:
Dr. Mario said:

I think the thing is, we're tired of seeing the same archetypes that ANY archetypes that is not those things means that it's brand new and fresh, even if they're over-used in many other games.

Grassland should probably stay, but they should nix the desert, forest, ice, whatever unless they do something interesting with those themes, like how Rayman Origins did it. That's when I'm ok with them. But how they're used in Mario games are usually a bleh, tropish presentation that does nothing to make the game stand out or even do new things with the theme to make the themes fun.

They could opt for a desert level, but if they want to keep reusing pyramids and cacti, they better make fun gameplay concepts that make us ignore the fact it takes place in a desert.

Thats reasonable. It's just for me they all kinda blend together after a while no matter how technically different they maybe.

For example, ask me what the difference is between Galaxy's first grass level and 3D Land's first grass level and I'd say ''one is in space and more round''

Mcmadness said:
It's a grass plain. It's the early level where the game helps ease you into it. Thats why it's there.

Plus there is a lot of grass in the world so it's a common go to thing, especially in fantasy games.

But if I were to make a suggestion I'd say put more mushrooms in it since this IS the mushroom kingdom afterall.
I usually associate the grass plains as simplistic, cheerful, and breezy, which is a good theme to introduce to first playthroughs. Although Rayman started in a jungle, lol.

I'm just tired of grass, desert, water/ice, jungle, clouds, lava in that general order.

If they made the desert an American one with Antelope Valley or Painted Desert, it would be so beautiful, and it would be a step up since desert levels usually aren't the best-looking ones.

Rayman is weird for that stuff. I mean Rayman 2 began with you escaping from a pirate ship.

I can't believe some people are complaining about the art style of artwork. I mean, how can you complain about these pieces of perfection

mlpjslide6.png

Especially Toadette......dunno why it's required for her to wink in every artwork she's in, but I can't blame Nintendo, she's too cute.

"Toadette's artwork is lazy and copied from Mario Party Advance! Wah!"

Baby Luigi, people are just gonna complain about everything. Especially in that gaming cesspool of little kids in GFAQs.

Toadette is adorable dammit.

I hope we get to see them interacting with their fathers.

He's a bit flat.

edit: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1124823

Thats a lot sooner than 2016 of spring, hopefully NA follows.

Mcmadness said:
edit: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1124823

Thats a lot sooner than 2016 of spring, hopefully NA follows.
Considering how long the U.S. release date for Yoshi's Wooly World was in comparison to everywhere else, I wouldn't put it past them to do the same with Paper Jam.

Either way, it makes little difference to me. I've already said earlier on that I wouldn't be getting this trash when it hits store shelves.

Your loss.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rawk Hawk or Doopliss but as far as RPG characters that's about it. And if they're not it's no big deal

Back