Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

It looks like good fun. Too bad I'm not really interested in getting a 3DS or a variation of it.

I hope this game has some non-mainstream characters besides the obvious (and great big meh) starlow. I also want Wario and Waluigi in, but i suppose they're not mainstream enough either since nowadays they only appear in spinoffs. :wario: :waluigi:

Watch them throw Kerseti in this.

That would be funny, I admit, but that's assuming Nintendo acknowledges they're annoying.

Remember when M&L used to be by themselves? I miss those days.

I kind of miss the days when Mario and Luigi could switch places, be separate, and the menu screen would look different when you're outfitting them. It was hilarious.

But, Mcmadness, do you even count Dream Team? What do you mean by "by themselves"?

Oh I meant no characters like starlow, dreambert, stuffwell, etc

Oh, companions? Yeah, Superstar Saga doesn't have tag along companions like that. I normally don't mind them. Heck, I don't mind Dreambert and Stuffwell is just, uh, fun to make fun of.

Stuffwell I could tolerate because it meant E.Gadd would be there.

*siiiiigh*

I want to look forward to this game. It doesn't necessarily look awful, but the screenshots aren't making me too hopeful. :-\

(I hope this isn't tied to Sticker Star as much as it looks like it is)

(are those sticker-cards)​

The gameplay I saw has me hooked, maybe I can actually motivate myself to finish a Mario RPG for once :P

To be honest, it looks like an okay game. The graphics are very similar to Dream Team, which gives me some hope, but the game mostly looks like a toad collecting game. Probably a game where you have to save all the toads to complete the level. And truthfully, it doesn't bother me, but I'm afraid they'll screw it up like Sticker Star. We can only hope for the best, but so far I plan to buy the game when it releases in 2016.

advanafire said:
To be honest, it looks like an okay game. The graphics are very similar to Dream Team, which gives me some hope, but the game mostly looks like a toad collecting game. Probably a game where you have to save all the toads to complete the level. And truthfully, it doesn't bother me, but I'm afraid they'll screw it up like Sticker Star. We can only hope for the best, but so far I plan to buy the game when it releases in 2016.

That was just a demo version, most likely to show off some the different overworld abilities the bros.+ will have in the game. I mean, sure, the toad collecting thing could be in the final game, but just a tutorial in the beginning if so. It's by AlphaDream; they have yet to screw over the Mario & Luigi series, so it'll be at worse a decent game.

I've always hated the M&L boxarts ever since Bowser's Inside Story

Well Dream Team is a little bit better, but minimalism is not an excuse for bad design. Minimalism would be Mario Kart Wii or Mario Kart DS. This is minimalism but with bad focus.

nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/gallery/mario-luigi-paper-jam-10215/mario-luigi-14.jpg

Paper Mario fans can officially Barf.

Back