Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Eri Ayase said:
he's probably not gonna be playable since 3 characters are already confusing enough
250px-MarioLuigiPartnersTimeBox.jpg

The babies overlapped with the adults so that really wasn't playing with 4 characters as it was playing with 2 and a half.

They piggybacked Mario and Luigi at most so you don't have to dodge separate for four characters

I hope this quest format is only for the demo or a lesser part of the final game, I'm not really a fan of it.

Is this Dream Team?? BECAUSE I THINK I'M DREAMING O_O

WANT WANT WANT. CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!! Nintendo knows how to make me want games I didn't even know I wanted!

Anyone know if Shimomura's coming back?

Lapis Lazuli said:
Lyn said:
I hope this quest format is only for the demo or a lesser part of the final game, I'm not really a fan of it.

I think it was just a sandbox. The fact that these were unconnected land masses emphasizes that fact.
Per this. I can see how the first quest might work into the rest of game, but the other two not so much.

On a side note, a desert area can be seen connected to the area where Petey is fought during the pre-battle cutscene; he seems to be the "Area Boss."

The Ultimate Mario Fan said:

Considering she worked on the score of every Mario & Luigi I would be surprised if she DIDN'T come back.

you can clearly hear her signature m&l music out from what we've heard so far, so she's most likely back.

Not sure if it's "clearly" or "signature", but it's still likely.

Eh, I don't know much compositions by her that really impresses me. Dream Team's was a snooze :)dk:), for instance...

Baby Luigi said:
The Ultimate Mario Fan said:

Considering she worked on the score of every Mario & Luigi I would be surprised if she DIDN'T come back.

Same, but you never know...It's always good to have confirmation. Ideally, we'll get a Shimomura/Tsujiyoko collab. :eekdance:

Mario Party Σ said:
Not sure if it's "clearly" or "signature", but it's still likely.

Eh, I don't know much compositions by her that really impresses me. Dream Team's was a snooze :)dk:), for instance...
It does indeed sound like Shimomura, but not definitively. Like Yasunori Mitsuda, I own almost all of her soundtracks so I'm generally pretty good at distinguishing her sound.

Dream Team was NOT a snooze! :mad: It was more like a melodic reverie or dream come true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvTWTqH7_aI

well ive heard good and bad things about m&ldt but id like to know what makes it a snooze exactly

the gameplay is superior to any of the former mario & luigi games, and the story is enough to keep you busy as usual. It gets a little boring at parts though.
But the last hour of that game was amazing and it really paid off waiting 39 hours for that.

Pascal said:
well ive heard good and bad things about m&ldt but id like to know what makes it a snooze exactly
Most people claim it's the slow start to the game, it never really bothered me personally but I hear that a lot.

Lyn said:
Pascal said:
Most people claim it's the slow start to the game, it never really bothered me personally but I hear that a lot.

It's slow to start and it's 10 hours of plot for a 40 game so a lot areas feel padded.

I think other issues I had with DT is way too much talking, comedic bits that went on way too long and weren't funny (looking at you seahorses) and not enough screen time for the antagonists.

Pascal said:
The soundtrack, the repetitive gameplay, and the lack of actual sound effects. I don't know how repetitive the game gets, but it feels like a treadmill. I'm at Mt. Pajamaja, does it even pick up from there?

the like last hour made the rest of the game worth it for me, personally

even though its a 40 hour game so you really have to go through some boring stuff and if you dont enjoy it in the slightest id suggest you put it down.

I actually find DT to be a lot faster than it really is. I think you spend a lot more time in the last 10-15 hours than you think; at least for me that is the case.

I definitely think it is the most enjoyable in terms of the battle system (although I'm not that big of a fan of how they split the bros. attacks, but at least in PJ they seem to understand that it wasn't that good to give both the bros. shells and basically waste a fifth of their slots on that item). But PJ's battle system seems to be really cool so far. I do like how they are incorporating all three of the enemies, and I don't mind letting them show us if the enemy is attacking PM or the bros., since dealing with all three will probably be a bit annoying. The enemies shown will probably be some of the first enemies of the game, so I don't think it'll be too easy.

I love the music for this game already though. It definitely has a strong DT vibe, but it seems a lot more...Mario-esque than DT's was. DT's music kind of had a unique feel, but it kind of felt a bit foreign to the series. I'm not saying that DT's music was bad at all.

Mario & Luigi Dream Team blew right by for me, like all AlphaDream games. I wish it was so much longer, but I guess there's always the Battle Ring.

Here's hoping Paper Jam is like Xenogears in length.

Back