Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Well I did say him being the main villain from the get go would be the next logical step for his character after DT but I sure as hell wasn't expecting TWO Bowsers.

Mario Party Σ said:
yay ^(-^-^-)^

I wish Next Level games worked on Mario Strikers rather than you-know-what though... it would please more people.

Perhaps later down the line?

Honestly, I liked Dream Team, so while more of the same might not be the most exciting idea, it'll still be solid.

But why did they have to bring back Starlow? She overstayed her welcome in DT, and this is just overkill.

im to busy not caring

the game overall looks pretty fun

starlow is the least of my problems, especially when there are more bland characters

GalacticPetey said:
Mario Party Σ said:
so that means Nintendo is trying to impress us.
Bang up job there Nintendo.

Well, tbh, when they highlighted Skyward Sword at E3 2011, they didn't exactly wow people with the game, and yet the final product is really good.

And for people worried about original characters:

Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:
do they usually show off ocs in trailers?

They did for DT

That was also the game that was shown towards the end of it's development due to the fact that they were getting the art direction properly formulated so that it would look good in 3D. Most of the game was already done except for the right graphics, which is why they were showing many OCs it's announcement.

The trailer looked like the game is still in the midst of it's development, and they were showcasing just probably the beginning area. I mean, they only focused on like 3 enemies, a sand blarrg, three koopas (both M&L style and PM style), and Petey Piranha. They didn't really even show any new enemies, or new characters. And in the artwork revealed, they've shown Starlow, so I do believe we'll get plenty of OC enemies and characters in this game. AlphaDream know how to be consistent.

I do hope that they make references to all the Paper Mario games. Hopefully they're just using the art direction that PM: SS had. I will be highly disappointed in this game if they didn't, but something tells me that I shouldn't get my hopes up.

DragonFreak said:
Starlow at least looks more interesting that like Stuffwell.
I dislike Starlow.

She nags and points out the obvious. She's like the epitome of tedious Mario & Luigi-styled tutorials.

Lapis Lazuli said:
Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:
do they usually show off ocs in trailers?

They did for DT

That was also the game that was shown towards the end of it's development due to the fact that they were getting the art direction properly formulated so that it would look good in 3D. Most of the game was already done except for the right graphics, which is why they were showing many OCs it's announcement.

The trailer looked like the game is still in the midst of it's development, and they were showcasing just probably the beginning area. I mean, they only focused on like 3 enemies, a sand blarrg, three koopas (both M&L style and PM style), and Petey Piranha. They didn't really even show any new enemies, or new characters. And in the artwork revealed, they've shown Starlow, so I do believe we'll get plenty of OC enemies and characters in this game. AlphaDream know how to be consistent.

I do hope that they make references to all the Paper Mario games. Hopefully they're just using the art direction that PM: SS had. I will be highly disappointed in this game if they didn't, but something tells me that I shouldn't get my hopes up.
Yeah, this is the longest time between a M&L game's announcement and release, and that's assuming there's no delays. They still have a good amount of work to do.

I love the music in this by the way. It feels like a mix between Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi's songs.

Here's an overworld theme:

Here's the battle theme heard in the trailer:

This rivals Dream Team's boss theme (yes, it's my favorite song so far from this):

Mario Party Σ said:
DragonFreak said:
Starlow at least looks more interesting that like Stuffwell.
I dislike Starlow.

She nags and points out the obvious. She's like the epitome of tedious Mario & Luigi-styled tutorials.

once you play sonic heroes and sonic 06 thats not much of an issue

I've watched Baby Luigi play Sonic Heroes. Doesn't help make Starlow any more likeable.

I hope the characters at least do a battle yell before a battle this time. And it might be asking too much, but in battle, give them grunts and sound effects when they're performing actions and getting hurt.

now that i think about it

a lot of jrpgs point out the obvious

"if your hp goes to zero you die!"

"oh it opened!"

oh then there is that line in fate/stay night

"people die when they are killed"

im sorry but im just so used to characters pointing out the obvious

Do they nag like Starlow, though?

I also don't like Starlow because of the way she's treating Luigi. I like it when Luigi is treated as a buffoon, but I feel Starlow does it wrong.

Pascal said:
now that i think about it

a lot of jrpgs point out the obvious

"if your hp goes to zero you die!"

"oh it opened!"

oh then there is that line in fate/stay night

"people die when they are killed"

im sorry but im just so used to characters pointing out the obvious
Press A to hit the A button!

Mario Party Σ said:
Do they nag like Starlow, though?

I also don't like Starlow because of the way she's treating Luigi. I like it when Luigi is treated as a buffoon, but I feel Starlow does it wrong.

well she didnt seem bad in bis

didnt bother me at all

and its a lot better than some rpgs having 2 hours of just dialog

I feel like it does a great job of combining the music styles of both the M&L games and the PM games. Definitely more emphasis on the M&L side, but still has a nice flavor to it.

well yeah it has that part where it sounds "darker" like in all of the other m&l boss themes

SolarBlaze said:
I need someone to argue with around here. :P
Well, there's always me.
SolarBlaze said:
Oh, and making Bowser the main villain again, after he's already had that role in two other RPG installments recently? Seriously?
....how do you know this?
Anyways, whilst I'm disappointed it's still a sole Mario & Luigi game, this game does really excite me! Can't wait for its release. but then again its not paper mario for wii u so it sux

The main website openly says the Bowsers are the villains.

also in the trailer m&l bowser says "even your lines are ripoffs" or something like that so paper bowser will talk

also i can't listen to the songs properly with the sfx i'm sorry

Back