Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

SolarBlaze said:
...Okay, I'll admit it. The game is looking a little better than it did during E3, but I'm still not expecting anything extraordinary.

If nothing else the style and gameplay is largely intact.

Mcmadness said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4GE6_MMjFI

sorry for bumping this AGAIN but they just confirmed papercraft luigi, king bob-omb as a boss and

The koopalings
:cheep:

Not again.

Whats wrong with king bob-omb? :dk:

he's a new super mario bros. charcutter

Ah, you're right. Clearly I should hate the game now.

Well everybody knows he debuted in Mario Party.

everyone were clearly redesigned in new super mario bros.

To be fair, the environments are New Super Mario Bros.-inspired. But everything else, not so much. Still, I do really like seeing King Bob-omb in this game.

Dr. Mario said:
everyone were clearly redesigned in new super mario bros.

To be fair, the environments are New Super Mario Bros.-inspired. But everything else, not so much. Still, I do really like seeing King Bob-omb in this game.

Not really all that surprised myself. The last 2 M&L games that were set in the mushroom kingdom also used rather basic locations.

tumblr_inline_nyaf14UMx91roeqim_500.png

The koopalings talk.

They'll probably still end being bland/stereotyped like they always are.

Since this is turning out too good to be true I would say yes, but you know, the last Nintendo game (so don't count Mario is Missing) where we heard actual sentences from them was Super Mario Bros. 3, 26 years ago + some months, and only in the manual and Nintendo Power guide...

OK, if we want to be ultra-precise, AlphaDream is not Nintendo either, but you know, Mario is Missing was relaeased in 1992 so it isn't that big of a difference, still 23 years...

i read a couple random angry posts in this thread and i don't know what the general consensus is but this game looks fucking awesome

It looks great to me.

The scene at the end of this preview amuses me.

Ok, here' s the text about the Koopalings, along with a completely unprofessional GoogleTranslatish translation.

The title is:
クツパ7人衆に捕まったマリオたち

"Mario who is caught by the Koopalings"

The text says:

クッパの攻撃により倒れてしまったマリオたち。そこへ現れたのは 、クッパ7人衆。マリオたちは捕まり、うす暗い地下の牢屋に閉じ込められてしまう 。

"Mario fell due to an attack from Bowser. There, the Koopalings showed up. They caught Mario and trapped him in a dim underground prison."

The caption says:

7人衆のうちの4人。残りの3人はどこに ... ?

"Four of the seven Koopalings. Where are the remaining three?"

Finally, this is what Wendy O. Koopa says:

罅子に乗りすぎたみたい ねぇ。

This I can't really translate, If I had to put extreme faith in the meaning of the two kanji in Google Translate (which isn't a smart choice) it would sound something like "Hey, you like too much riding on cracks, son.", but I hope I am wrong.

EDIT: fortunately I am, the correct text was 調子に乗りすぎたみたいねぇ。which is more like "Hey, like too much riding in style", still isn't perfect, but is much better!

Mario fell with an attack from Bowser? What, were they flying or something?

That was my first thought but the idea of Bowser defeating Mario without some kind of power boost is a bit hard to believe.

Mister Wu said:
Finally, this is what Wendy O. Koopa says:

罅子に乗りすぎたみたい ねぇ。

This I can't really translate, If I had to put extreme faith in the meaning of the two kanji in Google Translate (which isn't a smart choice) it would sound something like "Hey, you like too much riding on cracks, son.", but I hope I am wrong.

EDIT: fortunately I am, the correct text was 調子に乗りすぎたみたいねぇ。which is more like "Hey, like too much riding in style", still isn't perfect, but is much better!
Don't give Gatorade ideas.

So they clearly were riding something.

Oh, and a correction: Larry talked in Mario's Early Years, in 1995, so it's "only" 20 years that the Kooaplings don't talk in-game...

Back