Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

I like PM's design but it would be interesting to see a more proper Mario.

http://blistinaorgin.deviantart.com/art/New-Paper-Bowser-289738400

Kinda like this fan's redesign of Bowser.

I think I prefer the fan design as well. Again, I just want to see the main characters, how they'd look like in their more standard design. I remember ftg64 showed me one and remarked how hideous it is, but the drawing itself isn't very well made either.

I hear ya. I looked up other designs if there were any but none for PM himself it seems.

so paper jam had some interesting footage, the cards sounds like there could be more variety for combat as well.

Plus the release date.

paper jam is gonna be rad.

I like the fact that Chargin Chucks and Spikes are in it.

edit: europe got a more detailed trailer btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcgxbB1BB9E&feature=youtu.be&t=480

Mcmadness said:
I like the fact that Chargin Chucks and Spikes are in it.

edit: europe got a more detailed trailer btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcgxbB1BB9E&feature=youtu.be&t=480

very noice, not too significant but nice regardless.

All the more reason to get this game.

Seeing the 2 Bowsers alongside their armies is cool.

Mcmadness said:
Seeing the 2 Bowsers alongside their armies is cool.

although seeing the bowsers up side to side seems a bit off.

Probably because Paper Bowser walks sideways.

I bet that one guy here will be happy about how prevalent Bowser jr seems to be.

Also I noticed at one point you are collecting those fruit you often see yoshi's eating.

I still firmly believe this will be better than Dream Team.

Mcmadness said:
I still firmly believe this will be better than Dream Team.

hmm wasnt dream teams problem was that the giant battles were so obnoxious

for me it was mainly the padding and I felt that the game was too long

Zae Eildus said:
so paper jam had some interesting footage, the cards sounds like there could be more variety for combat as well.

Plus the release date.

paper jam is gonna be rad.
I like the card concept for starters. It makes the amiibo worthwhile, and it's not like you're locked out of a chunk of content should you opt out of the amiibo. But I think the artwork and stuff on the card is neat since it's not from the MaRPG games.

Mcmadness said:
for me it was mainly the padding and I felt that the game was too long

hmm length generally doesnt bother me, but padding on the other hand makes length unbearable.

I like the card concept for starters. It makes the amiibo worthwhile, and it's not like you're locked out of a chunk of content should you opt out of the amiibo. But I think the artwork and stuff on the card is neat since it's not from the MaRPG games.

yeah i liked that bit too, may get some amiibos just for that and the artwork, it was really good in the direct.

Oh boy, i get the wiki is gonna be busy with all that artwork.

I suppose that Zootalo user is going to be hard at work uploading all those card images like he usually is when he makes excellent contributions related to the MaRPG games. But we do have that artwork at full resolution (like large several K resolution AND transparency to match).

I already have the amiibo, all except the Yoshi one.

And if you're not using them, they look cute on your desk. And Peach looks pretty nice; she's bright and colorful and the paint isn't shabby, and her face mold is much better than the Smash one's.

yum peach

but yeah its something to consider, although ive been getting considering getting amiibos for a bit now so it would make an excellent contribution anyway.

win-win

Zae Eildus said:
hmm length generally doesnt bother me, but padding on the other hand makes length unbearable.

It normally doesn't for me but after playing DT I realized that M&L as a whole just doesn't have enough gameplay variety to justify a game that long.

Edit: Somebody pointed out that if you look at the footage from the UK Direct you actually see the bros riding a Papercraft Yoshi instead at one point. Could there be other papercrafts you get? Whats the difference between them?

Well it's good to know the series style and humour is still around. And that is a WAAAAY faster start to the game than the slow boring dullness of DT's opening.

Now if only I could speak German so I'd know what the heck they are saying.

ugh i hate domtendo

im not gonna watch that to not spoil myself on the game at all anyways

EDIT: okay i just watched the beginning to see why he already has the game

its some sort of trial or sth. because hes only allowed to record 30 minutes

Do you know what they are saying?

Mcmadness said:
Zae Eildus said:

It normally doesn't for me but after playing DT I realized that M&L as a whole just doesn't have enough gameplay variety to justify a game that long.

thats the big problem i had with pit, it feel so sameish throughout the entire game, dunno if bis has that issue though, but i doubt it.

Back