Possible character/stage leak in update files?

daigo sakurai

sakurai was like "herp derp sf2 lulz"

so that when he tried to get hired for a job at capcom he accidentally walked in on hal laboratories probably

Speaking of Street Fighter, I have a lot of the games on virtual console, they're really fun, but I'm having a little trouble performing the Hadoken, the Shoryuken, and whatever that spin kick is. I performed those attacks by mashing buttons and I'm always like "Whoa how the fuck did I do that?". What are the combos for those attacks?

down, toward, punch for hadoken
down, back, kick for tatsumaki senpukyakku
down, forward, diagonal down forward for shoryuken

SiFi said:
Mario Party Σ said:
I feel like Ryu didn't have much interaction, though. There was one Snake game where there was a Mario figurine thingy? And Konami made a DDR Mario Mix, so they did make at least one Nintendo game. Same for Namco; they made Mario Baseball and Mario was the announcer in one Pac-Man game. As for Street Fighter, well, I have little knowledge about the series, but I don't recall Nintendo references in there or Capcom games published by Nintendo.
Street Fighter has had a lot of direct influence on the Smash Bros. series. It's had a lot of influence on the fighting genre as a whole, but hear me out.

Mario and Luigi were intended from the start to be parallels to Ryu and Ken. That's why Luigi has a flaming uppercut and they both had a spinning attack with no clear origin for their down special. I'm not ultra-certain of this, but I think Peach's similarly non-sequitur side special is meant to be based on the Flying Peach attack from Alpha 3. Finally, Meta Knight's Final Smash is a homage to the Raging Demon, arguably the most recognizable super move in the Street Fighter series.

There's your interaction.
Ah, well, again, I did state my own lack of knowledge on Street Fighter. I just needed some help. Thanks!

The Hulk said:
I'm of the opinion that no one should have their main cut, so I gladly welcome Roy back for all the Roy players who lost their main.

dude you're talking about this like it's a social justice issue

also glad to see this, my cuz loves to play as roy

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
The Hulk said:
I'm of the opinion that no one should have their main cut, so I gladly welcome Roy back for all the Roy players who lost their main.

no, no he isn't lol

he's just saying his opinion, I share it too. lighten up.

#notalldiddykongmains

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
The Hulk said:

Sheik privilege

Now none of this may happen at all but with Ryu, I'm just going to say my speculations if Sega and Namco got a 2nd rep too.

I'm 95% sure if Sega got a 2nd Rep it'd be Tails. The 5% is the off chance Knuckles or Dr. Eggman is chosen instead. Any other Sega franchises are just not going to cut it. In terms of both popularity and value then bringing in another Sonic character.

Namco's a complete toss-up though. It could go to a Tekken character just for the hilarity of being able to have a Street Fighter Vs. Tekken match in Smash Bros. of all things. Or there's Klonoa, Lloyd, or heck they could completely drag the carpet under our feet and somehow get something like Dig Dug in there just to make us all go "WTF"

I'd actually like Dig Dug the most of those four if we really needed a second Namco character

really liked that game as a kid

of the more semi-realistic choices, I'd be the most interested in Klonoa

I don't think we'll see another rep from Sega or Namco. Mega Man and Street Fighter are both owned by Capcom yes, but they are both huge franchises worthy to be in Smash. The fact tah they're Capcom means nothing.

The Hulk said:
I don't think we'll see another rep from Sega or Namco. Mega Man and Street Fighter are both owned by Capcom yes, but they are both huge franchises worthy to be in Smash. The fact tah they're Capcom means nothing.

I know, I'm just bringing up if it's a possibility. It's just it was always thought it's only one franchise per company during speculation periods. So who can really say what we're getting when a common unwritten rule for the initial game's roster is broken.

DLC doesn't play by the same rules. Ryu wouldn't have even been considered if not for DLC despite the fact he has his merits in the first place.

Honestly, extra 3rd Party hopefuls from Sega and Namco I think got a huge boost thanks to Ryu regardless or not it actually happens. There's no denying a huge hurdle in their way was crossed with Ryu's inclusion.

I'm going to just be cautiously optimistic about it still, but who I voted for is considerly much less farfetch'd of a choice thanks to Ryu. I won't say it makes it one of the most likely, but certainly somewhere in the middle of the road of possibility compared to what it was prior to the Ryu leak.

Back