Possible character/stage leak in update files?

Honestly even if I had to pick another Fire Emblem character (which I wouldn't because four is already really pushing it) it wouldn't be Roy. It would be Lyn. Even though she's an assist trophy and has no chance at all she was the first lord outside of Japan, which I think gives her more merit than someone who is one of the least popular lords in the series among people who actually play Fire Emblem. And there's still others after that I'd pick before Roy.

Ryu is definitely the better of the two because while I personally feel third party companies shouldn't get more than one character, Street Fighter is a pretty major franchise and Ryu is its most well known character.

In Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, Roy is actually one of the most awful characters in the game. Sophia is worse though.

ryu sounds really awesome to be in smash, so i'm definitely looking forward to possibly playing as him

Roy getting back? Do we really need a third Marth? Because if Roy comes back, he will have the same moveset, just see Mewtwo wo has the same moveset after 10 years of absence. And probably the same final Smash. Oh and do we really need a fifth Fire Emblem character, when three of them play similar? That doesn't even make sense, Ike was made to replace Roy. Sakubias I see.
For Ryu, that's an original choice, I don't care about the character though.

Ok sorry I thought it was the case.
Still, Ike looks like an improved Roy, different enough from Marth.

https://twitter.com/LTNintendo/status/588938332891176960

???

the event's in july, which is after Lucas' release.

If Ryu makes it I super hope his down special is Mode Change it'd be so cool it'd be like the moveset as a whole would be the same but the style would make a big difference and they could give each one a unique final smash and it'd just be super cool

Yeah. But probably not with the palette swaps shown on the page I linked to, because that might complicate things in regards to alternate costumes. But maybe he could, I don't know, gain the hairstyle of the character he's imitating, I mean it sounds stupid when I type it but maybe it'd work.

The tagline wouldn't even mention Ryu by name. It'd just be "here comes a new challenger", complete with the sound that always accompanied that message in SFII.

simon belmont gets cracking

Glitchy said:
What if Roy gets a unique moveset?

They won't, if they didn't change Mewtwo much (Besides much needed buffs of course) they won't change much of Roy either.

Granted Roy technically has more differences in Melee from Marth already then Lucina does in Smash 4. (But kind of not in a good way, Roy was far less viable then Marth and while he had a one hit kill move your foe would have to be a complete idiot to get hit by it. While Marth is better as a fighter then Lucina is as well, Lucina is more of a "Marth for Dummies", she's a decent choice if you can't quite get a hold of Marth's Tippers)

I welcome Ryu but I seriously don't want a fifth Fire Emblem character, especially when the character in question was formerly a Marth clone.

Back