Possible character/stage leak in update files?

Roy's our boy, Roy's our boy.

Ryu sounds cool I guess, I'm more excited for Roy. Even though he was shit tier in Melee I still had fun playing as him, after all; he has t3h ph1r3.

Young Link is one character that needs to return.

I can't see him coming bsack with Toon Link here, unless they change Young Link's moveset. Something like that description I posted a while ago could work.

They probably will

Is there a single character who has ever gone through an entire moveset overhaul?

I think it should continue rotting, but that would offend serious Pichu mains.

As for my opinion, I just hope they don't go too overboard with third party characters. We had two in Barlw, cut one in Smush (but maybe Snake can return too), and now we're getting three more? For a net of two more in the next game?

... I want Rayman. ;_; damn leakers and trophy

Even then, I have to say, it's not really close.

At this point, the only other 3rd party I'll accept is Snake, maybe Banjo.

But I feel Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu is a pretty solid 3rd party line-up.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel Ryu is pretty random. But again... so was Snake.

I feel like Ryu has more history with Nintendo than Snake. SF2 was a huge hit on the SNES and SSF43D was a 3DS launch title.

I feel like Ryu didn't have much interaction, though. There was one Snake game where there was a Mario figurine thingy? And Konami made a DDR Mario Mix, so they did make at least one Nintendo game. Same for Namco; they made Mario Baseball and Mario was the announcer in one Pac-Man game. As for Street Fighter, well, I have little knowledge about the series, but I don't recall Nintendo references in there or Capcom games published by Nintendo.

Well had Mega Man had any interaction with Nintendo either?

Well, if you count those strange German Mario comics, but again, Mario did tickle Chun-Li to submission.

Mario Party Σ said:
I feel like Ryu didn't have much interaction, though. There was one Snake game where there was a Mario figurine thingy? And Konami made a DDR Mario Mix, so they did make at least one Nintendo game. Same for Namco; they made Mario Baseball and Mario was the announcer in one Pac-Man game. As for Street Fighter, well, I have little knowledge about the series, but I don't recall Nintendo references in there or Capcom games published by Nintendo.
Street Fighter has had a lot of direct influence on the Smash Bros. series. It's had a lot of influence on the fighting genre as a whole, but hear me out.

Mario and Luigi were intended from the start to be parallels to Ryu and Ken. That's why Luigi has a flaming uppercut and they both had a spinning attack with no clear origin for their down special. I'm not ultra-certain of this, but I think Peach's similarly non-sequitur side special is meant to be based on the Flying Peach attack from Alpha 3. Finally, Meta Knight's Final Smash is a homage to the Raging Demon, arguably the most recognizable super move in the Street Fighter series.

There's your interaction.

SiFi said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Street Fighter has had a lot of direct influence on the Smash Bros. series. It's had a lot of influence on the fighting genre as a whole, but hear me out.

Mario and Luigi were intended from the start to be parallels to Ryu and Ken. That's why Luigi has a flaming uppercut and they both had a spinning attack with no clear origin for their down special. I'm not ultra-certain of this, but I think Peach's similarly non-sequitur side special is meant to be based on the Flying Peach attack from Alpha 3. Finally, Meta Knight's Final Smash is a homage to the Raging Demon, arguably the most recognizable super move in the Street Fighter series.

There's your interaction.

If I may add something to this, it's believed Sakurai was once a competitive Street Fighter player. Which may sound weird given his thoughts on how Smash Bros. to him is a party game and how he angers so many competitive Smash Players with his ideals for the series. But Sakurai wanted to create something new that doesn't require the rather insane button commands and training necessary for Street Fighter and similar games (You know, like the quarter-circle bs they can pull on you)

But nonetheless in general, Street Fighter is what helped put Fighting Games on the Map and thus some actually really decent influence both on Nintendo and Smash Bros. Cause even if it was somewhat in protest to the advanced techniques you need to learn like Street Fighter, Smash Bros. would of not been the same or possibly never have existed without it.

So in some ways Ryu being in, is an actually clever homage. Though it's going to be interesting how they make Smash Bros. Ryu because obviously Sakurai doesn't like the advanced quarter-circle/half-circle/full-circle stuff. And in every game Ryu is in, even ones that were not Street Fighter such as Marvel Vs. Capcom, the way his moves worked were pretty much the same. That won't be the case with Smash Bros.

Back