post any random Mario thought on your mind

They don't need to look threatening to pose a threat, however.

Yeah, a mini-dino looks so cute until it starts breathing fire.
1636951435995.png

So I've been trying to come up with ways that a boss battle against a giant Tweester would work outside of DDR: Mario Mix, but still within Mario's attack arsenal. Any ideas?

This is why they are so effective at going back and forth between being a minion or just a local.

relevant to this prior discussion: In the SMB1 manual, Goombas are said to have defected to Bowser's side, but I headcanon that not all of em did that, and the same goes for other species like Koopas and such

I just want to say that just because a certain new design for a character was first seen in a game doesn't mean it originated in the game. Even I mess that up. I.e. Dry Bones might've shown off their modern look in Super Princess Peach before New Super Mario Bros., but it might not have been the studio behind Super Princess Peach's call for that particular design. For all we know, maybe whatever team/person responsible designing Dry Bones in the first place got in touch with the studios tasked to handle the IPs and such, including the eventual high-profile release of New Super Mario Bros., but Super Princess Peach just so happened to release first.

Sense both Maker and NES Remix are both standard adventure/platformers, do they count as mainline? If not, what are they

I guess they just like the look of a chipper star thing that follows Mario and Luigi around, but how they wrote her is kind of bad. I get they're trying to have her riff on Luigi's clumsiness but they did it in a mean-spirited way. She seemed to be better at yelling at Bowser.

Yeah, the thing is that situational humor works better with Luigi's clumsiness. That is to say, it's funnier when he's just... clumsy, and the natural consequences that come from that. I don't find it very funny when characters get on him for something that he did by accident. The only time that I found the ragging on Luigi in the Mario & Luigi RPG series funny was when Mario got mad at him.

I certainly wasn't laughing when Starlow really dug into him for losing the book when, oh, I dunno, he got hit by a wrecking ball.

zingers are said to be wasps and i think they specifically resemble european wasps. dkc2 zingers look really similar to them for one
like these are strikingly similar, down to the face patterns and certain coloraion
Zinger_DKC2.png
European_wasp_white_bg.jpg
(photo src)
european wasps are also eusocial like zingers! they dont do This though
Hornet_Hole_DKC2_stuck.png

honey is a bee thing not a wasp thing
wasps also dont have kings. they just have a queen, multiple breeding males, and nonbreeding workers (same as bees). screw king zing not only is the fight bad hes also inaccurate LMAO
anyway i mainly meant to post about the resemblance of zingers to a real wasp species i love how spot on it is

Soo, Switch generation Mario starts with everyone as pals go-karting, cool.
Even cooler is.. Super Mario Party? Bowser.. joins instead of crashes? AND nominates his minions as potential super stars instead of trying to take the glory all for himself?!?!! I mean sure he nominates himself too but damn, giving his minions a fighting chance, yay

this no swimming sign in seashore war
2021041719140000_c.jpg

how considerate of the snowmads to put it there! how nice of the bad guys that took over the whole island and froze it to put this sign here

I still am not a fan of Starlow and I question why Alpha Dream apparently thought she was loved enough to bring back. Twice.

3 times, they retroactively put her in superstar saga via Minion quest where she plays a small role in one of the worlds and is
A bonus unlockable character to use on your team

I literally just popped off so hard that I got sub 7 seconds in Peak Precision in Mario Party 9. That has to be at least close to human WR, right?

Imagine getting unexpectedly transported to the Mushroom Kingdom, not knowing how to get back so you gotta live there for a while. And all the Toads have that voice. You know the one

Back