post any random Mario thought on your mind

You're only saying this because Mario number not one and Yoshit is number one.

Yoshis are expendable.

Yoshi is a piece of shit but even I would dispute the results if Mario is one.

Putt-Putt said:
King Dedede said:
And as long as Waluigi's in there, it's credible.
Yeah, because having your favourite character in there totally makes the list 100% credible
If you couldn't tell from my username, Waluigi actually isn't my favorite Mario character (Yoshi is). But he's the definition of memes and any reasonably conducted poll will place the memes pretty high.

Putt-Putt said:
King Dedede said:
And as long as Waluigi's in there, it's credible.
Yeah, because having your favourite character in there totally makes the list 100% credible

Yeah, his favorite character doesn't make the list credible.

BABY LUIGI in there would make the list credible. Believe me.

King Dedede said:
If you couldn't tell from my username, Waluigi actually isn't my favorite Mario character (Yoshi is). But he's the definition of memes and any reasonably conducted poll will place the memes pretty high.
more like the unreasonably conducted ones

Jesus christ people.

People like Yoshi the most because they think he's cute. He's like the minion of Mario, especially with all those multiple colored Yoshis in Super Mario Run being separate filler characters for no reason.

Nothing wrong with liking characters for their adorableness, I say.

I mean, I'll stop liking Baby Luigi when he stops being the cutest thing ever.

Saltman said:
People like Yoshi the most because they think he's cute. He's like the minion of Mario, especially with all those multiple colored Yoshis in Super Mario Run being separate filler characters for no reason.
plebs

Baby Luigi said:
Nothing wrong with liking characters for their adorableness, I say.

I mean, I'll stop liking Baby Luigi when he stops being the cutest thing ever.

As long as that adorableness works.

You know, Baby Mario and Luigi could be far more irritating than they are. I'm thankful that their design isn't overly cute and that their voice isn't annoying or super high-pitched. I think future "cute" characters should try to be more like them.

Unlike Yoshi. I like him because his fun to play as, but I don't know why the hell did they put him gigantic eyes and a bowling ball nose while replacing that cool SMW sound he made with that weird ass voice.

I know this is me speaking, but Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are babies. It's pretty expected for them to be adorable in, er, the "working" way.

Yoshi is conceived as this cool adult ridable dinosaur thing but they babyfied him to the extreme ever since Yoshi's Story and his grating annoying voice and won't stop going in that direction and it's extremely irritating to imagine what he once was. Imagine if they did the same thing to, say, Expresso the Ostrich.

Still if you don't like SMW Yoshi you have no soul. That's the best Yosh.

Not the one in the SMW cartoon tho. Christ on a bike.

To me, the one in the cartoon is barely any different than the personality of Yoshi today.

It's that voice. It's so much worse that his current one ("YOSHEE HUNGREeEeEeEeEhH!!!!"). Might as well blame the cartoon for possibly inspiring them to give him a voice in the games.

Really 90% of the problems I have with Yoshi are the voice all the time. Those "Dwee-geep!" sounds he used to make in earlier games should've never been replaced. Why fix what's already good.

Saltman said:
Still if you don't like SMW Yoshi you have no soul. That's the best Yosh.

Not the one in the SMW cartoon tho. Christ on a bike.
I do like the SMW and I really wish they made a plush based on that one.

tbh i like yoshis and i like their voices
still gonna mention that the baby yoshis (the superior smw design) are the best kind of yoshis and nothing can beat it
Yoshihold.jpg

But forever expendable.

I'm glad the baby Yoshi kept their smug look.

Mcmadness said:
But forever expendable.

71f.png

Those of you who know my love of Yoshi will understand my frustration.

But even I can't defend Yoshi. I can understand why people wouldn't want to hear "BRRRING - HAH!" (or anything else that erupts from his larynx) every time Yoshi ground pounds.

Why do the characters on the back of the car on Double Dash look like they're constantly shaking their butts?

Pink Cat said:
I'm going to guess not but is that Mario and Luigi's pizza place mentioned in name articles still around? I would like to visit a part of history
I remember a couple years ago, during a family trip to DC, my mom wanted to take us to some Luigi's Pizza. It had gone out of business years before, though.

I've also been to a super overpriced Luigi's Pizza at a water park. Good pizza, but not worth $20 for just one pizza.

To my knowledge neither of these have anything to do with the Mario character though.

For about 3 weeks, I've been doing a project of mine and played a 20 turn game in Mario Party 1-8 and Super Mario Party with the hardest possible CPUs in order to see which game has the fastest gameplay overall using specific settings, which I will detail right now:

Minigame explanations are on (8 and later games forces you to see the explanations)
CPU minigames are shown, because there is no way to skip them in 1 and 2
Message speed is set to fast
Save after every turn is on (Mario Party 1-5, later games automatically save after every turn)
In Mario Party 3 only, movement speed is set to Normal. No other game has a movement speed modifier
In Mario Party 6 and 7, the Mic is enabled
Bonus stars are enabled in every game
In Mario Party 1, all dice-block related items are enabled. No Koopa and No Boo are not used
For Super Mario Party, every character I used for a board will be listed because of their special dice blocks. I'm playing as the first character listed in parenthesis.

Mario Party 1
DK's Jungle Adventure: 51 minutes
Peach's Birthday Cake: 49 minutes
Yoshi's Tropical Island: 54 minutes
Wario's Battle Canyon: 61 minutes
Luigi's Engine Room: 53 minutes
Mario's Rainbow Castle: 52 minutes
Bowser's Magma Mountain: 53 minutes
Eternal Star: 68 minutes

Mario Party 2
Pirate Land: 65 minutes
Western Land: 56 minutes
Space Land: 57 minutes
Mystery Land: 64 minutes
Horror Land: 60 minutes
Bowser Land: 71 minutes

Mario Party 3
Chilly Waters: 75 minutes
Deep Bloober Sea: 71 minutes
Spiny Desert: 82 minutes
Woody Woods: 72 minutes
Creepy Cavern: 70 minutes
Waluigi's Island: 71 minutes

Mario Party 4
Toad's Midway Madness: 80 minutes
Shy Guy's Jungle Jam: 62 minutes
Goomba's Greedy Gala: 87 minutes
Boo's Haunted Bash: 76 minutes
Koopa's Seaside Soiree: 77 minutes
Bowser's Gnarly Party: 82 minutes

Mario Party 5
Toy Dream: 74 minutes
Rainbow Dream: 69 minutes
Pirate Dream: 71 minutes
Undersea Dream: 70 minutes
Future Dream: 80 minutes
Sweet Dream: 81 minutes
Bowser Nightmare: 68 minutes

Mario Party 6
Towering Treetop: 70 minutes
E. Gadds Garage: 72 minutes
Faire Square: 77 minutes
Snowflake Lake: 75 minutes
Castaway Bay: 63 minutes
Clockwork Castle: 75 minutes

Mario Party 7
Grand Canal: 86 minutes
Pagoda Peak: 97 minutes
Pyramid Park: 81 minutes
Neon Heights: 88 minutes
Windmillville: 81 minutes
Bowser's Enchanted Inferno: 66 minutes

Mario Party 8
DK's Treetop Temple: 74 minutes
Goomba's Booty Boardwalk: 77 minutes
King Boo's Haunted Hideaway: 79 minutes
Shy Guy's Perplex Express: 85 minutes
Koopa's Tycoon Town: 87 minutes
Bowser's Warped Orbit: 83 minutes

Super Mario Party
Whomp's Domino Ruins: 100 minutes (Rosalina, Yoshi, Monty Mole, Goomba)
King Bob-Omb's Powderkeg Mine: 80 minutes (Boo, Bowser, Wario, Diddy Kong)
Megafruit Paradise: 87 minutes (Donkey Kong, Luigi, Bowser Jr, Dry Bones)
Kamek's Tantalizing Tower: 86 minutes (Peach, Donkey Kong, Rosalina, Boo)

Average time to complete a 20 turn game
Mario Party 1: 55 minutes (rounded down)
Mario Party 2: 62 minutes (rounded down)
Mario Party 3: 73.5 minutes
Mario Party 4: 77 minutes (rounded down)
Mario Party 5: 73 minutes (rounded down)
Mario Party 6: 72 minutes
Mario Party 7: 83 minutes (rounded down)
Mario Party 8: 81 minutes (rounded up)
Super Mario Party: 88 minutes and 15 seconds

Overall, this was a fun project to do, and I will consider revisiting Mario Party 1-7 at a later date with "optimized" speed settings. Also, by the time I'm writing this, I also got Mario Party 10 so I will definitely spend some time playing that and provide some thoughts on it later on as well. Have a nice day everyone, and feedback on this would be very appreciated, though it is entirely up to you.

Back